PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rainbow Six Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
G4C Chiodos

Rubberbanding??

I've seen numerous posts about rubberbanding to get to an Elite title. How would one go about rubberbanding. I recently got this game about two weeks ago and am curious. Thanks.
G4C Chiodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4C Chiodos View Post
I've seen numerous posts about rubberbanding to get to an Elite title. How would one go about rubberbanding. I recently got this game about two weeks ago and am curious. Thanks.
Wrap a rubber band around the right stick and the left stick. Your guy will just walk around in a circle.

There has to be a host doing attack/defend games. Once you are in, fix the rubberbands and go do something else. Make sure you have a wired controller or plug and play.

You get points at the end of each match...usually around 800 for attackers and 1600 for defenders.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
dvdmanpa

Dvdmanpa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan27 View Post
Wrap a rubber band around the right stick and the left stick. Your guy will just walk around in a circle.

There has to be a host doing attack/defend games. Once you are in, fix the rubberbands and go do something else. Make sure you have a wired controller or plug and play.

You get points at the end of each match...usually around 800 for attackers and 1600 for defenders.
exactly what the previous person said, but to clarify for other people, you have to find someone who is running a dedicated server and add them to your friends list. join the game and rubberband your sticks together and while youre sleeping/at work/at school, youre gaining experience.

dvdmanpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Jedi Rampage

So do you need 3 players (host plus one player on each side) or only two? (one player on each side?

Ok I figured it out, you need three people, one to be a dedicated server and the other two to sit in the game.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 06-07-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: double post
Jedi Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #5
Namaste

I would do this but it would be such a drain to my electric bill.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
PAIN 176

PAIN 176's Gamercard
having the ELITE title means nothing in this game if you can't back it up in a match ! yes it takes alot of work to get there but when you do - your a killing machine !

Unranked Veterans - Ranibow SIX Vegas 1 & 2

Adult Based Clan - With 4 Years of Service on Xbox live. It's not a Game its a Way Of Life !
PAIN 176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
L4D II JoK3r

L4D II JoK3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAIN 176 View Post
having the ELITE title means nothing in this game if you can't back it up in a match ! yes it takes alot of work to get there but when you do - your a killing machine !
dude whats up? ive seen you trolling 5 or 6 threads, whats the problem with boosting a game this old?

L4D II JoK3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
MCSS Aerocoupe

MCSS Aerocoupe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAIN 176 View Post
Not necessarily. I played T Hunts with friends for a long time for the fun of it. So much so that I got Elite doing it. I never rubberbanded, but I guarantee you that I would be terrible in a multiplayer match now. I haven't played much for so long I doubt I could remember the map layouts.
MCSS Aerocoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #9
AWC GOTTI

AWC GOTTI's Gamercard
I am currently doing the rubberband method. I have a few questions. I saw that you can earn 1600xp points if you are on defense in attack and defend. This arises the first question: Can you set the time for round duration to 5 minutes and still get the 1600xp? I got 1600xp on 20 minutes just wondering if you can set it to 5 minutes. Also if you have more people, would you get more xp? I am currently hosting the dedicated server on my boosting account. I have my main profile and my buddy only in the lobby. Just curious
AWC GOTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #10
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC GOTTI View Post
I am currently doing the rubberband method. I have a few questions. I saw that you can earn 1600xp points if you are on defense in attack and defend. This arises the first question: Can you set the time for round duration to 5 minutes and still get the 1600xp? I got 1600xp on 20 minutes just wondering if you can set it to 5 minutes. Also if you have more people, would you get more xp? I am currently hosting the dedicated server on my boosting account. I have my main profile and my buddy only in the lobby. Just curious
I haven't rubberbanded but my understanding was that the xp awarded was based on the duration of the match. I don't think having more people makes any difference.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #11
AWC GOTTI

AWC GOTTI's Gamercard
I can confirm that 3 minutes does not get you very much. I know for a fact 20 minutes gets you 1600 xp(1599 if you want to be a dick about it). It is all about the duration of the match.
AWC GOTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
da vinci

Angel Da Vinci's Gamercard
just play attack vs defend to rank up
da vinci is offline   Reply With Quote