PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Pr0ph3cy

Pr0ph3cy 117's Gamercard
Mike is in Blacklist you QQers

http://youtu.be/qlUnTcjlkd8

stop QQing
Pr0ph3cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
PhantomNemesis

firewhisper's Gamercard
But he's not.

He is not voicing Sam Fisher, Eric Johnson is, the only reason Michael Ironside seems to be there is as a producer of some sort. There is no reason why they need this mocap for the dialogue, this is not along the lines of LA Noire where the facial expressions actually matter, nor is it a game where the story and the characters are the most important part of the game. What do we know so far? Some terrorist group making trouble blah blah blah standard MMS with the obvious Middle-East level because its relevant BS.

No one cares about that, theres already dozens of those games and the story is almost the same each time. The reason people enjoyed Splinter Cell in the first place was because of the amazing way it took a modern day approach to the stealth genre, the fact that light and sound had a real effect on how well you were hidden, and how it wasn't afraid to say "Oh we'll apply to mainstream and just turn the game into a shooter if they want it to be as well". Three alarms and it would be over, simple as.

So no, he's not in Blacklist, and so far this is nothing but a disappointment, as stated by X360A.

Last edited by PhantomNemesis; 06-15-2012 at 05:35 PM.
PhantomNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomNemesis View Post
But he's not.

The reason people enjoyed Splinter Cell in the first place was because of the amazing way it took a modern day approach to the stealth genre, the fact that light and sound had a real effect on how well you were hidden, and how it wasn't afraid to say "Oh we'll apply to mainstream and just turn the game into a shooter if they want it to be as well". Three alarms and it would be over, simple as.
So why is everyone so upset about Ironside not being the voice actor? Haha, I dont really care who they choose to use, it isnt going to have anything to do with gameplay. Ive always loved these games, and I cant see how the voice of the main character is going to change my mind.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
PhantomNemesis

firewhisper's Gamercard
Don't care about the lack of story, care about the fact that the character has had a sudden facelift and is about 10 years younger. Voice actor is entirely different, and the game is nothing like the original, yet it still carries the Splinter Cell licence in the hope that might sell a few extra copies. Its borderline exploitation and my money won't be going to a day 1 release, even if its GotY material I won't buy it until its cheap.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Did you have the same reservations over Conviction which I see you have played and 100%d the achievements on?
Sam's age was retconned by Ubi by about 10 years and the gameplay is hardly classic Splinter Cell.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
PhantomNemesis

firewhisper's Gamercard
Sam's age was frozen for Double Agent because otherwise they thought he'd be way too old, but they kept his birth date at 1957 when Conviction was released, so there was no real change before now.

Conviction was also bad, I played it but compared to the other Splinter Cell games its no where near as good. I've even seen it labeled as just 'Conviction' a few times without the Splinter Cell prefix, which feels right to me because it isn't Splinter Cell.

Go onto the Ubi forums and all you'll see is others sharing the opinion that SvM should've been in Conviction, as well as the fact that the game needed to bring back the stealth based gameplay from before. That and having the HD collection go multi-platform but thats about it.

Achievements aren't a factor in this, I have played a lot of games to completion and not all of them were amazing to me, I have a lot of criticisms about most games, Blacklist just stands out more on the list. Conviction was just an average game, I played it and completed it and then just wished that Ubisoft would make a really GotY for once.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
JPEC83

JPEC83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomNemesis View Post
Conviction was also bad, I played it but compared to the other Splinter Cell games its no where near as good. I've even seen it labeled as just 'Conviction' a few times without the Splinter Cell prefix, which feels right to me because it isn't Splinter Cell.
I hate this sort of thing so much. Conviction IS a Splinter Cell. Fans who don't like a game in a series don't have the right to decide if something is or isn't part of the series.

It is simply a Splinter Cell that you don't like.
JPEC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
PhantomNemesis

firewhisper's Gamercard
The idea of having a Splinter Cell was to complete missions with zero chance of it leading back to the US Government or Third Echelon, rather it seems nothing happened at all if possible. Hence, Splinter Cell, something you can't detect, Conviction is just Fisher running around shooting everybody, the term no longer applies, and it was just Ubisoft using the branding to ensure a few copies sold at least.

It's not just me who thinks this, I've seen numerous others say the same, and on Steam when there was a sale it listed Conviction as the title, not Splinter Cell: Conviction.

The original point still stands anyway, Ironside isn't in the game, Ubisoft is making an Assassin's Creed clone but in a crappy MMS setting.