PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Knivesz
 
Knivesz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 378
Send a message via AIM to Knivesz

lRX7's Gamercard
Thumbs up Reinforcement Pack Changes

"Mass Effect 3’s Multiplayer has been an interesting journey
for BioWare. Over the last few months, we’ve been watching player behavior,
talking to our players on the forums and in the game lobbies, and playing the
hell out of the game at home. Based on all of that, we’ve been trying to make
adjustments to the game within our post-ship limitations, our capacity for
development and testing, and our ability to patch or update.

We want you to know that we’ve been listening. We’ve heard
your feedback about character unlocks and training in the Reinforcement Packs,
and we’re poised to make some great changes in these areas. Specifically, we
want you to get new content faster and have a satisfying replacement drop once
you have all of the new kits. To this end, we’ve removed
Character kit cards as rare drops after all appearance options have been
unlocked and we’ll be introducing a new powerful Rare Ammo type that will drop
when you’ve maxed out your kits.

We hope you enjoy these changes, and we look forward to
seeing you in game!"

-Jonathan Warner, Senior Producer -BioWare
Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...2776943-1.html
__________________
I'm GMT-05 Eastern(US)

My gamertag is spelled 'LRX7' its not an "i"


Knivesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Bahroo3
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 1,921

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Aww fuck yeah I get useless ammo powers now instead of xp for my maxed out character. sweet
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Skeetacus
 
Skeetacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A
Posts: 179

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Aww fuck yeah I get useless ammo powers now instead of xp for my maxed out character. sweet
Honestly don't think I could have said it better myself...
__________________
Credit to dragonpwnr99 for the AWESOME sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Merch
 
Merch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Soviet Canuckistan
Posts: 1,301

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
His post is very misleading, since 'removed' is past tense, but the changes haven't gone live yet.
__________________
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Bahroo3
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 1,921

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Just bought a spectre pack. Level 4 Disrupter rounds. Fuck you Bioware.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Skeetacus
 
Skeetacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A
Posts: 179

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Just bought a spectre pack. Level 4 Disrupter rounds. Fuck you Bioware.
Story of my ME3 MP existance...
__________________
Credit to dragonpwnr99 for the AWESOME sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
dark wing
 
dark wing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK, Yorkshire.
Posts: 128

sabre wing2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Just bought a spectre pack. Level 4 Disrupter rounds. Fuck you Bioware.
A whole new level of ammo... because that's obviously "new". Oh well at least I won't get characters I've maxed out anymore, getting tired of seeing human cards again and again.

Any idea if they changed the chances of getting one of the N7 level weapons? I got the Geth Sniper today in my first spectre pack in ages.

Shame I won't probably touch the MP again until they add something new other than weapons and characters.
__________________
Quote:
We don't bother the outside world, we don't want it bothering us.
dark wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,467

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just spent 99,000 Credits on a Premium Spectre Pack and let me show you what an all-time-low payout this motherfucker had inside it.

+5 Medi-Gel
Shield Power Cells III
Warp Rounds III
Warp Rounds IV
Disruptor Rounds IV

I mean, really? Really?
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,467

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivesz View Post
"Mass Effect 3’s Multiplayer has been an interesting journey
for BioWare. Over the last few months, we’ve been watching player behavior,
talking to our players on the forums and in the game lobbies, and playing the
hell out of the game at home. Based on all of that, we’ve been trying to make
adjustments to the game within our post-ship limitations, our capacity for
development and testing, and our ability to patch or update.

We want you to know that we’ve been listening. We’ve heard
your feedback about character unlocks and training in the Reinforcement Packs,
and we’re poised to make some great changes in these areas. Specifically, we
want you to get new content faster and have a satisfying replacement drop once
you have all of the new kits. To this end, we’ve removed
Character kit cards as rare drops after all appearance options have been
unlocked and we’ll be introducing a new powerful Rare Ammo type that will drop
when you’ve maxed out your kits.

We hope you enjoy these changes, and we look forward to
seeing you in game!"

-Jonathan Warner, Senior Producer -BioWare
Source: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...2776943-1.html
They've been playing the hell out of it at home and they have been listening to what fans want? What fan asked for rare level IV ammo powers? I want his name and address. All anybody wants are N7 weapons and characters. Is BioWare connected to a completely different internet than me or what? I guess it takes one less shot to kill an enemy with these powers, so it's thirty seconds faster to grind a match? Wha? Someone slap me, are they just kidding around at this point or what?
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
Skeetacus
 
Skeetacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A
Posts: 179

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
... I want his name and address.
Same here...

Sounds like this guy's long overdue for a more than healthy dose of my foot in his ass.

__________________
Credit to dragonpwnr99 for the AWESOME sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #11
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,467

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetacus View Post
Same here...

Sounds like this guy's long overdue for a more than healthy dose of my foot in his ass.

He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 AM   #12
Skeetacus
 
Skeetacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A
Posts: 179

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.



And i just might have to put that quote in my sig... It made my day.
__________________
Credit to dragonpwnr99 for the AWESOME sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #13
x410xDragon
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 77

x410xDragon's Gamercard
So new ammo, eh? I not very pleased, but it could be worse I suppose. I do have one stupid question: Since Character Cards are not considered 'rare' anymore. Does this mean Ultra-Rares will drop more often, or will it be unaffected? I know it sounds ignorant, and I applause for it.

Last edited by x410xDragon; 06-27-2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Reasons :)
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #14
Bahroo3
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 1,921

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x410xDragon View Post
So new ammo, eh? I not very pleased, but it could be worse I suppose. I do have one stupid question: Since Character Cards are not considered 'rare' anymore. Does this mean Ultra-Rares will drop more often, or will it be unaffected? I know it sounds ignorant, and I applause for it.
Nope now we just get trolled by ammo powers rather than CCs
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #15
x410xDragon
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 77

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Nope now we just get trolled by ammo powers rather than CCs
Great.....
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #16
Skeetacus
 
Skeetacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A
Posts: 179

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x410xDragon View Post
So new ammo, eh? I not very pleased, but it could be worse I suppose. I do have one stupid question: Since Character Cards are not considered 'rare' anymore. Does this mean Ultra-Rares will drop more often, or will it be unaffected? I know it sounds ignorant, and I applause for it.
Hmm... Rare here is more comparative to random in terms of definition. That said, if you already have all characters maxed (in terms of customizations) you're probably just dropping the likelihood of getting these cards for level-ed ammo powers. So... My assumption is that it is unaffected. Besides, Bioware hasn't been known for putting the odds in our favors in terms of these packs...
__________________
Credit to dragonpwnr99 for the AWESOME sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:48 AM   #17
Kit-103
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nor. Cal.
Posts: 126

IxI Kit IxI's Gamercard
Character cards quit dropping after you max out everything? Sweet! I can finish up my two common humans and max out the rest of my rare characters and finally start unlocking some URs!

...

...wait, you mean to tell me that instead of an increase in UR drops...we get level IV ammo? Frak. You. Bioware. Frak you with the biggest stick possible.

I mean, it'll be great when new multiplayer DLC drops but that's only gonna last for what...? A day? Once again, biggest frakking stick.
__________________
"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
Kit-103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
PaulGreg
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 103

PaulGreg's Gamercard
I understand evryones frustartion with now not getting CC for xp however there is a solution, you can now get 62.5k cards from recruit packs as they are now of the blue variety, it might take a bit more ....please wait........ but credit:xp ratio works out better value for money than PSPs
__________________
PaulGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #19
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It's hilarious reading through the pages of replies to the topic on BSN.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,891

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's not just ammo it's all one mission equipment items.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
mrj3d
 
mrj3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1,403

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hooray! Or not. lol...
__________________
mrj3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
SIMPLYMIDGET
 
SIMPLYMIDGET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,053

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You guys didn't hear? They are now releasing colored ammo.

__________________

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
Bahroo3
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 1,921

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
You guys didn't hear? They are now releasing colored ammo.

For some reason I now want a purple pistol with green bullets.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
Opiate42
 
Opiate42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel
Posts: 7,184

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
For some reason I now want a purple pistol with green bullets.
This is the first thing I thought of in seeing that...

__________________
"It's 5000 miles to the Vale, we got a horse, a tiny sword, winter is coming, and we're wearing boiled leather"

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #25
Eating Machine
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
This is the first thing I thought of in seeing that...

Those are the new grenades
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #26
L3G1T H4MST3R
 
L3G1T H4MST3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Scotland,UK
Posts: 209

xMyLittlePonyZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
This is the first thing I thought of in seeing that...
*snip*
Really? I can't be the only one who thought of the Mass Effect 3 Ending when I saw the coloured bullets.

I don't see why Bioware can't make specific packs e.g. a Weapon pack with just weapons except it has all weapons from common to ultra rare.
L3G1T H4MST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #27
Eating Machine
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 223
Bad language
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)


I hardly every use any equipment, I dont really need it. Most people I play with dont use it either let alone the level 3's so where are they getting that we need this SPECIAL level 4 crap.

Last edited by Eating Machine; 06-27-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #28
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,559

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGreg View Post
I understand evryones frustartion with now not getting CC for xp however there is a solution, you can now get 62.5k cards from recruit packs as they are now of the blue variety, it might take a bit more ....please wait........ but credit:xp ratio works out better value for money than PSPs
That doesn't solve anything. The reason to buy PSPs is for Ultra Rares, not to get a good value on XP. The XP from repeat character cards was just a nice consolation that at the very least could help you rank up your N7 rating.

Ammo packs though? Those are worthless to me, I rarely use consumables to begin with and now I'm going to be pulling those out every pack? Ugh. Figures that as soon as I max my rares they do this crap. I was looking forward to the N7 I would gain from looking for Ultra Rares.

To be fair though, provided that you have maxed Rares and play on Gold, then you can continuously use the IV ammo and not run out. You can get one Spectre Pack (one ammo) every game, or one PSP (two ammos) every two games.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 06-27-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
Eating Machine
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: London UK
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
That doesn't solve anything. The reason to buy PSPs is for Ultra Rares, not to get a good value on XP. The XP from repeat character cards was just a nice consolation that at the very least could help you rank up your N7 rating.

Ammo packs though? Those are worthless to me, I rarely use consumables to begin with and now I'm going to be pulling those out every pack? Ugh. Figures that as soon as I max my rares they do this crap. I was looking forward to the N7 I would gain from looking for Ultra Rares.

To be fair though, provided that you has maxed Rares and plays on Gold, then you can continuously use the IV ammo and not run out. You can get one Spectre Pack (one ammo) every game, or one PSP (two ammos) every two games.
What if we max out the ammo crap, will that mean that we would definitely get ultra rares. Still if its like the others that need to be maxed out at 255 then how many packs would we need to buy for that. Also how many ammo powers or whatever they call that stuff is there.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #30
Bahroo3
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bryan, Texas
Posts: 1,921

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eating Machine View Post
What if we max out the ammo crap, will that mean that we would definitely get ultra rares. Still if its like the others that need to be maxed out at 255 then how many packs would we need to buy for that. Also how many ammo powers or whatever they call that stuff is there.
Equipment does not cap at 255, only consumables.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mass effect, pack changes, reinforcement

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:09 AM.