PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Major League Baseball 2k7
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 AM   #1
itsmatt338

Send a message via AIM to itsmatt338 Send a message via Yahoo to itsmatt338

dude338's Gamercard
Anyone need help with rail catch? I CAN HELP!

just reply to this thread I can do it at least 10 times a game now.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Teach me.
I want to know how.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
itsmatt338

Send a message via AIM to itsmatt338 Send a message via Yahoo to itsmatt338

dude338's Gamercard
Ok SO pay attention

1) Edit all of the Houston Astros players, so that they are lefty. To save time, just edit their starting line up. Also edit Roy Oswalt, because he is the starter for them.

2) Next, edit all of the Astros so that their hitting stats are maxed out.

3) Go to the Cardinal's roster, and edit Adam Wainwrights pitching. All you have to do is add a 2 seam fastball to his rotation of pitches. Then go edit the pitch, making the speed bar 3/4 full, the control bar all the way full, and the movement 3/4 full.

4) Go to the exhibition gamefrom the menu. Be home team (Cardinals). Start Adam Wainwright. Play the Astros, AT FENWAY. Make sure there is no wind.

5) Turn on the cheat for both teams always hit pop flys, no errors, and super turbo. If you havent bought/unlocked these, then any cheat site will have them.

6) For every batter, pitch a 2 seam inside and a little high. If they keep it in the park, let them get on base.

7) If you rob a homerun in right field, you will get the achievement.

8) DO NOT hold down the pitch all the way, just save his stamina.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
GreenBand

GreenBand's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This method worked well for me. The score was 31-2 in the 2nd inning, but it worked.
GreenBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:46 AM   #5
Hawkins21

Hawkins21's Gamercard
i had been trying to get this achievement for almost a year and finally got it the other day, i think it was one of the most satisfying achievements i have gotten and this was basically what i was doing.

also be sure to shift the outfield to deep right for every batter.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
prophel91

prophel91's Gamercard
I found out that the advertisement board behind home plate says Kush Games. If you pitch the ball in between the k and the u thats perfect. If any one can confirm that this is just not in my game and its always there then i think this tip will help a lot also. Thanks itsmatt338 for this guide.

Last edited by prophel91; 11-29-2008 at 03:07 PM.
prophel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:51 AM   #7
Prayer350z

hey, im looking for help on this achievement, if u can help me xblrayer350z
Prayer350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:27 AM   #8
jabhwakins

jabhwakins's Gamercard
This post really gave me some hope but I can't get it to work for the life of me. I've spent the past two hours, pitching Wainwright until he gets injured or completely inaccurate, and then restarting. Haven't had a single ball go anywhere near a wall in foul territory. =[
jabhwakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:51 AM   #9
aServantOfGod

aServantOfGod's Gamercard
THIS METHOD WORKS.

I've got a funny story about getting it though. I started adjusting the rosters and such at about 11 pm. At about 11:25 pm, I passed out. I woke up about 5 minutes ago and was like, "Man, I should try to know this achievement out and then go to sleep." So, two pitches later, ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! lol.

Note: I had to be at work at 7 this morning and didn't get to bed til late.
aServantOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
Pedle Zelnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmatt338 View Post
Ok SO pay attention

1) Edit all of the Houston Astros players, so that they are lefty. To save time, just edit their starting line up. Also edit Roy Oswalt, because he is the starter for them.

3) Go to the Cardinal's roster, and edit Adam Wainwrights pitching. All you have to do is add a 2 seam fastball to his rotation of pitches. Then go edit the pitch, making the speed bar 3/4 full, the control bar all the way full, and the movement 3/4 full.

4) Go to the exhibition gamefrom the menu. Be home team (Cardinals). Start Adam Wainwright. Play the Astros, AT FENWAY. Make sure there is no wind.

5) Turn on the cheat for both teams always hit pop flys, no errors, and super turbo. If you havent bought/unlocked these, then any cheat site will have them.

6) For every batter, pitch a 2 seam inside and a little high. If they keep it in the park, let them get on base.

This was what I did, though about halfway through the 2nd inning I had to sub Chris Carpenter in for Wainwright. About another 15 batters later I got it.

It was my 2nd time doing the rail lean, the first time it didn't unlock because I was a victim of the "there is no storage device installed" error and as such achievements were disabled. I then deleted my profile and roster, re-did the above editing, and used the cheat code "Black Sox" to get the required cheats. Then chugged away at it. I spent probably 1.5-2 hours last night, and then about an hour or so this morning before I finally got another shot at a rail lean.

And since this seems to be asked or not: no, it's not a foul territory fly ball, it's rather one that's fair and in both cases when I did it it was going out just to the right of the bullpen in right field at Fenway. And no, I didn't touch the right stick at all, just coasted in towards the blue catch circle (which was half in and half out) and the guy leaned over the wall to make the catch.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
SithFloor

SithFloor's Gamercard
Holy crap. I finally got this little bastard.

Here's my custom settings after tweaking the sliders.

AI Batting:
contact 100
power 70

cheats:
batter up
no points
super turbo

edit astros:
all lefty

edit wainright:
add the 2 seam fb

game settings (then press lb):
pitcher fatigue off

the pitch:
2 seam fb, half power
definitely pitch to the < part of the K

the last thing i tried was pitch location. got it on the 2nd pitch.
SithFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:57 AM   #12
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Works like a charm... thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmatt338 View Post
Ok SO pay attention

This worked like a charm... after 30+ pitches, the batters start swatting away towards the right field area.

Also like prophel91 stated, the pitching sweetspot is between the K and U of the "kush games" billboard.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
Bombstriker

Send a message via AIM to Bombstriker

Bombstriker's Gamercard
Thanks mrbonelly for pointing this out to me, I am going to try it sometime when I get off work. If it works as easy as you say it does I owe you for hunting me down and pointing this out to me! This is the only MLB 2K achievement I don't have from 2K6 thur 2K9!

HOPE TO GET A SIG SOON...
Bombstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
no prob, just keep at it, it may seem useless but it does work about the batters get warmed up.. also to save time you can take your previous super team and change their batting to left then go to the other team and do the pitching edits or trade a good pitcher of your supper team
Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #15
Bombstriker

Send a message via AIM to Bombstriker

Bombstriker's Gamercard
Alright I finally got it! I was having a hard time for a while so I put the sliders over like SithFloor posted....

AI Batting:
contact 100
power 70

Another thing that I did was put my RF speed all the way up and changed the outfield rotation to DEEP RIGHT.

Something to try if you are having a problem.

Thanks again mrbonelly hit me up if you need some help with something sometime! I will be getting 2k10 soon, I haven't even looked at the achievements but if their is anything online I will help ya out!

Never thought I would get this 1000!!! WOOT WOOT!!!

HOPE TO GET A SIG SOON...
Bombstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #16
The Globalizer

the globalizer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Worked like a charm. Took a few innings but I finally got one.

And, as noted above, catching a would-be HR over the low wall in right field counts for the achievement.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #17
jasonisco0l

jasonisco0l's Gamercard
gt- jasonisco0l if anyone would like to help me..
jasonisco0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #18
DMpimp13

DMpimp7's Gamercard
Omg I need to go try this now, I've missed this achievement for so long.
DMpimp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #19
DustinAndLola

DustinAndLola's Gamercard
I've tried this strategy for a good two hours now and nothing to show for it. I did rob several homers over the right field wall, but no achievement.

Also, the Astros only hit maybe two or three foul balls the entire time, none of which were catchable. I am following this guide to the T, but can't see to get it to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks
DustinAndLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #20
JMNELSON

iTz Murkabl3's Gamercard
Got the rail one using this method in about 20 min. Press RB 10 % in between K and the U on the Kush Billboard in the back of you.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
crocodial

Beavis XBL's Gamercard
got this 3 batters in following this method... after 5-6 hours of trying. my failure, however, wasnt because this method wasnt working, it was because i didnt know how to do a proper wall grab. the instuctional icon would pop up, i would push forward on the right stick and my guy would dive. it sucked. but i finally figured out that if you let up off left stick as you push forward on right, the computer takes over and performs the catch.

i discovered this at Yankee Stadium, then applied it to this method and 3 batters later, i was done.
crocodial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:31 AM   #22
Boostme

MOV KIDROBOT's Gamercard
i finally did it after 3 years!!!!!..THANKS ALot for this advice!!! it froze up right before the achievement unlocked..

1st in the USA to 1000/1000 KoF XII without using any gamesaves/cheats!!!!
Boostme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #23
soflyinMS

soflyinms's Gamercard
I just wanted to say thank you.I've been trying to get this achievement for three years.Your method worked perfect.I also want to say it doesn't have to be a foul ball I caught it over the right field wall.

Last edited by soflyinMS; 04-04-2011 at 07:19 PM.
soflyinMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #24
iEviLDoG

iEviLDoG's Gamercard
THANK YOU!!! After 2 days of trying the method I got. After almost 5 years I GOT IT!!
iEviLDoG is offline   Reply With Quote