PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
llsnake2ll

VuIcan Raven's Gamercard
No Skip Option

It is extremely annoying to have to listen to conversations and watch cut scenes over again, if you just want to see different outcomes. They really need a skip option, though I doubt that will happen.
llsnake2ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #2
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
totally agree.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ

T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsnake2ll View Post
It is extremely annoying to have to listen to conversations and watch cut scenes over again, if you just want to see different outcomes. They really need a skip option, though I doubt that will happen.
Please think about what you are saying. It's a interactive movie, when you go to the cinema and watch a movie, say it's an action movie, when someone is having a conversation do you ask to skip that part, even if it had some important plot points in? No, you do not, and TellTale want people to appreciate the work put into this game and the story, so please, don't ask for such a silly request for a great game.

And if you are on about AFTER you have complete the chapter you want and go back to repeat it on Rewind then, you should just still pay attention to the story and choose differently.

I'm not trying to get into an argument either so if this sounds a bit harsh, sorry :/

All the best - T0X1C
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i think he means more like if you die in a QTE section and have to spend time waiting for a conversation or doing a menial action before you get to the QTE action part. after a scene has been viewed once, just give the player the option of skipping if they want, such as by pressing back, then pressing A to confirm to skip so you dont do it on accident.

think about it, if a player goes back to replay the game to see different outcomes, they likely wont be skipping things since they'll want to see what happens differently.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
Jaganboy

Jaganboy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ View Post
Please think about what you are saying. It's a interactive movie, when you go to the cinema and watch a movie, say it's an action movie, when someone is having a conversation do you ask to skip that part, even if it had some important plot points in? No, you do not, and TellTale want people to appreciate the work put into this game and the story, so please, don't ask for such a silly request for a great game.

All the best - T0X1C
I agree to a point. While I enjoy watching the scenes, it is kind of annoying that you can't skip, but it's not so bad (if it were a full $60 retail game then yes scene skipping should be there).

I'd rather there be a better save option. Right now I'm visiting my parents in Nigeria. While here I finished the download and played it but while playing the power cut numerous times causing me to re-watch some cutscenes/ choose my choices again.
Jaganboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:48 AM   #6
llsnake2ll

VuIcan Raven's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ View Post

And if you are on about AFTER you have complete the chapter you want and go back to repeat it on Rewind then, you should just still pay attention to the story and choose differently.

I'm not trying to get into an argument either so if this sounds a bit harsh, sorry :/

All the best - T0X1C
I completely understand what you mean and I'm not replying to start some argument just sharing my thoughts. I don't mean to under appreciate their work, it's just I've played through the first and second episode three times now and I just feel it gets tedious to have go through lengths of dialogue just to change a certain aspect of that playthrough, like when someone "will remember that". I enjoy games(and movies) with great story, but when I've seen the general story more than once or twice, I would like to get to the meat of things even if it requires getting past some of the smaller stuff even dialogue with important plot points(because I already know what those points are by this time)
llsnake2ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Yea it does get annoying sometimes.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I've gotta agree that sometimes I wish I could skip sections. Especially when I go back through it all to write guides and I can recite the exact lines lol.

But ooh well.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #9
Kno Logik

Yeah for sure they should have a skip or something similar to Mass Effect skipping.
Kno Logik is offline   Reply With Quote