PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: How easy was Lego Harry Potter to play? (Understanding what you were supposed to do)
This game was soooo easy!!! 1 6.67%
Completely ridiculously unintuitive!! 4 26.67%
Somewhere in the middle. 9 60.00%
I haven't played the game, I just like voting for things. 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
Nitroglencerin

nitroglencerin's Gamercard
Poll on Ease

I was just wondering where everyone stood on the ease of getting through this game.

It really seemed to me that nothing in this game as far as I've gotten has been very intuitive or even explained whatsoever. Every single hallway and room seems to take a half hour of spell casting before you get things in the right order to work, then you spend another ten minutes running around to see if you missed anything.

Additionally, I am in the middle of year one, so obviously the game might get better, but am I better off using a guide? It has been very very slow going. I would prefer not to use a guide, but if it's going to keep me from setting fire to the game disc in frustration, I'll take it.

Nitroglencerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
BKS37

BKS37's Gamercard
The problem I had with this game as opposed to other LEGO games was that while I loved how Hogwarts was the hub, I hated how much time you need to invest into it. It takes hours even with a guide, not to mention that you must unlock every character that is necessary and find a polyuice potion to transform into them. I don't get why I can't just run up to them like I can in every other game. I also hate watching the same stupid cutscene every time you switch characters. It was fun teh first time, but when you have to do 100 times, it is just annoying.

Retail games 100%

1,000th Achievement: A Monument to All your Sins (Halo: Reach)

10,000 Earned: Jan 2, 2010
20,000 Earned: June 28, 2010
30,000 Earned: May 30, 2011
40,000 Earned: March 17, 2012
50,000 Earned: June 10, 2012
BKS37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Hogwarts exploring part is a new element, which I liked, although I would have appreciated much more if they could have an area to help us keep track on the collected/uncollected items in Hogwarts.

Every Lego game is based on the same format so getting the hang of it wasn't a big challenge, but sometimes the hints for level progression were too vague that I had to struggle with the puzzles. Lego Star Wars seemed better in terms of 'player-friendliness'.

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata
1st Xbox One game: Child of Light

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
sometimes its hard to figure out what youre supposed to do, but usually it tells you if you read the text at the bottom. ive been confused a couple times but i ignored the text at first because i was looking at something else and it disappeared too fast.

what would be nice is if on the pause screen it would redisplay the help text at the bottom in case you missed it.

but Pirates remains my favorite of the Lego games so far i think, because the hub was VERY simply laid out and intuitive, you could easily just pick exactly what episode you wanted to play with no fuss or confusion, and there were other things to do and look at in the hub itself. Hogwartz is just super huge and easy to get lost in.

MSG me on Live!

Last edited by shinobigarth; 07-03-2012 at 10:30 AM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote