PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Top Gun: Hard Lock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Kazuma Prime

Kazuma Prime's Gamercard
Worth getting?

I kinda have had mixed thoughts based around it.

I'm into a variety of games, one being air combat based games. Three I've enjoyed alot have been Top Gun: Combat Zones for the GameCube, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon both for Xbox 360. Also I liked the movie Top Gun. So when I heard they were coming out with a new Top Gun game, I thought alright sounds like it could be fun. After seeing the trailer though I was sort of iffy about it. After playing AH anything else seems like it wouldn't quite be living up to it, but I'm open to giving it a try. I'm just wanting an outside opinion from someone who's played it, is it worth getting? Would it be better to wait for it to drop in price? Or is it even worth getting at all and its better to stick with Assault Horizon?

Anyone who can help with this would be appreciated, thanks.
Kazuma Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
Elite Scion

elite scion xb's Gamercard
I would definitely wait dfor this game to drop in price. It was fun for what it was but I would not put in on par with the Ace Combat series and I much prefer HAWX to AC.

If you are in any way a completionist do not even start as the Give em Hell Achievement is glitched due to weapon payload for the F-22 not unlocking.

Elite Scion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Kazuma Prime

Kazuma Prime's Gamercard
TBH at one point I was but with more recent games I play them when I'm feeling up to them, and do it more along the lines of fun. Work and other stuff has become a forefront over trying to get every achievement in a game.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it then if its worth watching for.
Kazuma Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma Prime View Post
TBH at one point I was but with more recent games I play them when I'm feeling up to them, and do it more along the lines of fun. Work and other stuff has become a forefront over trying to get every achievement in a game.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it then if its worth watching for.
Meh.... its ok but not worth buying. I rented it and could only force myself to play half of the story mode (and online was locked due to stupid online pass bullshit)

If you want a flying game get AceCombat
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
Just downloaded demo and I am really enjoying it. Will defo get this when its cheaper.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
stretters87

stretters87's Gamercard
If you enjoy flight sim games this is worth picking up and playing but not at full price. I paid 15 for it brand new from Asda and thought it was a bargain for that. Wouldn't have been happy had I paid 40 though
stretters87 is offline   Reply With Quote