PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
SuperJoon

SuperJoon's Gamercard
Limited Edition Version and Back To Karkand.

I got the limited edition version of BF3 yesterday, and it says I've got the BTK expansion for no extra cost.

I've I putted my code etc but the expansion isn't in the store and when I go to the Games Marketplace its telling me to pay 1200MS points for it?

Has anyone else had this problem? I've downloaded the stupidly huge update as well as it said that needed to be installed first, but still haven't been prompted to download the expansion.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
SuperJoon

SuperJoon's Gamercard
Is the DLC included in the 2.07GB multiplayer update?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJoon View Post
the 2.07gb update has the main core files for everyone including the fixes.
if you have the limited edition then you will have a welcome message when you boot up bf3 * welcome to karkand*
if you dont have the limited edition then yes you have to buy it for 1200msp although this is just a key to unlock the content for use ... notice its only 128kb or something which cant possibly hold all the info for karkand.

So all in all its just like other games where your buying a *key* to unlock the dlc *door*

Also check the store after the downloading the update as i was able to get the physical warfare pack for free (im sure this was a pre order bonus at certain sites) of which i shouldnt have got it , guess they just gave it free to everyone with karkand.

Last edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll; 12-26-2011 at 05:07 PM.
ll Mr Bubbles ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
SuperJoon

SuperJoon's Gamercard
Thanks for the help. Will have a look. Will also see about the Physical Warfare pack.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
If you have the LE then it will automatically update the game for you once you put in the MP disc.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Sir Al Dente

Sir Al Dente's Gamercard
Does anyone know where you can get a free code for the DLC? Weren't they free as some promotion a while back? I don't trust these redeemcodes websites and wondered if anyone had a spare one or know where I can get one? I tried adding points but my card must have expired and before I go about changing my card linked to xbox live I was hoping for a cheap/easy fix via a free code!
Thanks in advance
Sir Al Dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
Matt x360a

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
im currently going back and forth with ea getting this sorted causi ve got the same problem
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Mr Bubbles ll View Post
the 2.07gb update has the main core files for everyone including the fixes.
if you have the limited edition then you will have a welcome message when you boot up bf3 * welcome to karkand*
if you dont have the limited edition then yes you have to buy it for 1200msp although this is just a key to unlock the content for use ... notice its only 128kb or something which cant possibly hold all the info for karkand.

So all in all its just like other games where your buying a *key* to unlock the dlc *door*

Also check the store after the downloading the update as i was able to get the physical warfare pack for free (im sure this was a pre order bonus at certain sites) of which i shouldnt have got it , guess they just gave it free to everyone with karkand.
I just downloaded it from the xbox.com website to my xbox

http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-BE/Pr...don&noSplash=1

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 AM   #9
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Just want to say that the same is happening to me, downloaded it and got the message 'Welcome to....' blah blah blah but I started up the game today and tried to get in a match with my friend and it said I needed to download it?

Strange, might have to contact EA about it.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #10
bapae

Shaftamus Prime's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJoon View Post
Yep should gave you the option to download a license or something for the BTK content its like 128-130 Kb or something.

bapae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
dotCody

dotCody's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapae View Post
Yep should gave you the option to download a license or something for the BTK content its like 128-130 Kb or something.
No, the Game Update is just that. A Game Update. Back To Karkand is already on the disc. The 1MB download is an unlock key.

dotCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Contacted EA about this yesterday as they say I have a normal online pass, even though I purchased the Limited Edition and it was brand new when I bough it. :/ Stupid EA..

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
LethalEdge

LethalEdge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotCody View Post
No, the Game Update is just that. A Game Update. Back To Karkand is already on the disc. The 1MB download is an unlock key.
I believe the B2K maps were included in the 2.1 GB update since DICE have been releasing DLC this way since Bad Company 2, and 2.1 GB is a lot for just a patch.

100,000G - 15th February 2012.
LethalEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #14
bapae

Shaftamus Prime's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalEdge View Post
I believe the B2K maps were included in the 2.1 GB update since DICE have been releasing DLC this way since Bad Company 2, and 2.1 GB is a lot for just a patch.
Yep that's exactly right it says somewhere on the marketplace that it includes the B2K dlc in it.

bapae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
Grey Delta

Grey Delta's Gamercard

I had a quick question about the limited edition and I didn't want to make a new thread for it, does anyone know anywhere still selling new limited edition copies (EU/UK)? Trying to get a copy for my brother and would rather get Karkand for free.

Grey Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotCody View Post
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. If it was on disc, there wouldn't be over 2gb in fixes. You obviously don't realize how big most patches are, even when they overhaul the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalEdge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapae View Post
Yep that's exactly right it says somewhere on the marketplace that it includes the B2K dlc in it.
This^. The 2gb update has all the B2K files, even if you don't have B2K purchased you still download it because it includes fixes and enables you to play with people with B2K weapons etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Delta View Post
I had a quick question about the limited edition and I didn't want to make a new thread for it, does anyone know anywhere still selling new limited edition copies (EU/UK)? Trying to get a copy for my brother and would rather get Karkand for free.
You could always look on eBay.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
Bullitt24

Bullitt24's Gamercard
I having an issue also. I had to replace my BF3 and I already got the JAWS achievementon my other copy and I went to redownload the back to karklan expansion pack and it wants me to pay 1200 pts.
Bullitt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
thm241

Tinkham11's Gamercard
Did you go into your download history and try to download it from there? If you went through the market place they will obviously still charge you.