PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
D347H0FL0V3

Death 0f Love's Gamercard
Trouble with Expert

Sorry if anybody else posted about this, I'm sure I can't be the only one who noticed how it seems much more difficult to 100% songs on expert regardless of how easy they are. Comparing Rock Band 1 to Rock Band 3; I can easily 100% the songs They Say by Scars on Broadway & Closer by Lacuna Coil on Rock Band 1, however when I attempt either of said songs on Rock Band 3 and play them EXACTLY like I played them on Rock Band 1, I somehow manage to miss notes and have only been able to get 99% on them even though I've gotten 100% on them every single time I play them on Rock Band 1. Which begs me to question why in the hell am I "missing" notes in said songs on Rock Band 3 but never miss on Rock Band 1 using the same guitar controller playing them on expert on either game?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had to use a different calibration in all of my Rock Band games, they all play a little differently to me. If you're using the same latency settings that you used in RB1, I would suggest manually calibrating RB3 instead and see if you have better results. I don't think the timing window is any tighter in RB3 but I still can't find a perfect calibration for it on my television, because of this I mostly play RB2 instead.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Best to calibrate with one of those Rock Band Beatles wireless guitars. Use the auto calibrate and let the guitar get a quick fix. Write those numbers in your book somewhere and then use your guitar with those numbers... do this with all RB games that allow the auto calibrate...
On the ones that won't alow it, use the auto calibrate numbers for a close start on manual tuning.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote