PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 11
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #61
Plym

PlymSol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
I will just say what is a Hotspur? Because names like this don't really help you.
"Hotspur" was the nickname of the 14th century knight Sir Henry Percy. The club was originally named after him as his family owned masses amount of land in Tottenham.

Arcade 200Gs
Worms, Banjo-Kazooie, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, SF3: Online Edition
Streets of Rage 2
Plym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #62
Assasin13

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plym View Post
"Hotspur" was the nickname of the 14th century knight Sir Henry Percy. The club was originally named after him as his family owned masses amount of land in Tottenham.
The qoute in which the person said that was in response to someone saying that names like the Seattle Sounders don't really help us. When in actualality, a Sounder is a person from the Puget Sound area, the location of the city of Seattle.
Assasin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #63
Assasin13

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Looks like im wrong. Apologies guys. Id heard there was not a single baseball pitch in the UK. The nearest one to us being in Ireland.
I laughed at baseball "pitch". I'm sorry but I just never thought I would ever hear someone say that.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #64
Plym

PlymSol's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin13 View Post
The qoute in which the person said that was in response to someone saying that names like the Seattle Sounders don't really help us. When in actualality, a Sounder is a person from the Puget Sound area, the location of the city of Seattle.
I know, I've read the whole thread.

Arcade 200Gs
Worms, Banjo-Kazooie, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, SF3: Online Edition
Streets of Rage 2
Plym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #65
LThompson6

LThompson06's Gamercard
Quote:
Lol. Let last year go you prat. You were caught trying to cheat, a lot of us had a good laugh at you. Then we moved on.
Well you obviously havn't moved on, British people are suposed to understand sarcasm you clearly don't why would I need to cheat on ultimate team I have a better team then most people, and almost everything you've said here has been incorrect get over it because you clearly havn't yet, you being incorrect yet again has nothing to do with you being incorrect before, so now please move on and I won't be sarcastic around you again.

LThompson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #66
Viv3ify

Viv3ify's Gamercard
Well im European, and im just tired of everybody talking so much of soccer. American football is much cooler than some men (or women) running around just kicking to a ball, that game needs some strategy.
Viv3ify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #67
LThompson6

LThompson06's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv3ify View Post
Well im European, and im just tired of everybody talking so much of soccer. American football is much cooler than some men (or women) running around just kicking to a ball, that game needs some strategy.
Football does have a strategy, if it's just people running around kicking a ball then American football is just people running a little and throwing a ball it's the same thing everytime.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #68
Morbido

Quote:
Originally Posted by LThompson6 View Post
Well you obviously havn't moved on, British people are suposed to understand sarcasm you clearly don't why would I need to cheat on ultimate team I have a better team then most people, and almost everything you've said here has been incorrect get over it because you clearly havn't yet, you being incorrect yet again has nothing to do with you being incorrect before, so now please move on and I won't be sarcastic around you again.
zzzzzzzzzzz. Its unbelievable that a year on your still claiming that. I knew you tried my ghost method as did many others.

And boasting that you have a good UT team proves one of three things. 1. You have spent hundreds of pounds on MSP 2. You have been incredibly lucky or 3. You have cheated. You were wining that you lost your team a month after it came out. And I think you again tried to cheat by giving your details to one of them scamming web sites.

Once again we all had a good laugh at you and that other clown

Last edited by Morbido; 07-08-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #69
LThompson6

LThompson06's Gamercard
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzz. Its unbelievable that a year on your still claiming that. I knew you tried my ghost method as did many others.

And boasting that you have a good UT team proves one of three things. 1. You have spent hundreds of pounds on MSP 2. You have been incredibly lucky or 3. You have cheated. You were wining that you lost your team a month after it came out. And I think you again tried to cheat by giving your details to one of them scamming web sites.

Once again we all had a good laugh at you and that other clown
Everthing there is wrong, and if everyone "had a good laugh at me" they clearly don't know what sarcasm is and I'm still claiming I didn't cheat because I didn't and I've never cheated at anything, so I'll only say it one more time you completely misunderstood the sarcasm and have been crying about it so get over it and find something better to do other than arguing with everyone on this site you sad moron and if you respond to this then you obviously don't have a real life and I'll just ignore you anyway bye.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #70
Assasin13

NFBT's Gamercard
^^ lol well well well
Old 07-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #71
PolarisXCR600Triple

Polarisrxl650's Gamercard
Talking

For my two cents I grew up knowing it was football and not soccer but where your from and what you call it should not matter. We all love the game more or less and if you don't thats one less person to worry about. Soccer/Football is a great sport and the player who got me hooked when I watched it was Christiano Ronaldo for Real Madrid. Canada rocks too but he is a kick ass player. Great Sport.
PolarisXCR600Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #72
BIGMatthew182

bigmatthew182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
queen with the tea?

On topic it is annoying hearing US based people call it Soccer as if i say "i like football" which i do, you instantly presume i meen that game where you throw the oddly shaped ball.

We Win! after 1-1 draw shows the difference between are countrys footballing quality as well as the best Americans in the USA team have or are playing in England/ Europe. E.g Dempsey, Donavan, Guzan, Altidore ect.

The last time i was in America the tour guide went around all major landmarks or buildings from Baseball stadiums to Rugby stadiums not once mentioned a Football stadium and yes we did pass one.

Stereotypes go both ways as well Americans seem to think English people are upper class, posh, tea drinking, crumpet eating (What are Crumpets?) idiots and the majority think we are all best friends with the queen. I have never meet the queen.

Then theres stupid comments as mentiobned above by someone else.

BIGMatthew182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #73
TacticalTodger
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to TacticalTodger Send a message via Skype™ to TacticalTodger

SAUSAGE R0LLS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
It's Football.
TacticalTodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #74
IRONMAN

Rex odii's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Not at all. I find it quite different from my neck of the woods. Soccer has never been the 'in' sport and if anything we make fun of soccer in general. As no offense is meant to anyone by this, but I hardly consider it a sport haha. It doesn't matter though, NA is very different from the rest of the world in terms of sporting interest!

LISTEN TO METAL
IRONMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #75
LThompson6

LThompson06's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMatthew182 View Post
We Win! after 1-1 draw shows the difference between are countrys footballing quality as well as the best Americans in the USA team have or are playing in England/ Europe. E.g Dempsey, Donavan, Guzan, Altidore ect.
Well I wouldn't say Guzan and Altidore, Altidore scored 1 goal in 28 games for Hull lol and I just think Guzan's crap Friedel and Howard are much better.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #76
Assasin13

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMatthew182 View Post
To be honest I actually think Altidore and Guzan are pretty crap. We have many better players than them back here in the States, such as Donavan who was only on loan during the off season due to different schedules, but this year the LA Galaxy have stated they don't want him loaned due to the fact that they want him well rested for this season to win a championship. Then there is also Edson Buddle who is only like 21 years old who is really good and players like Michael Bradley, Carlos Bocanegra,Jonathan Borstein,Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Spector, Oguchi Onyewu, with a few others as well who are pretty good players, including the young German/American player who switched his national teams from Germany to the USA. You also forgot about Tim Howard our goalkeeper who is one of our better players who plays for Everton.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #77
Morbido

Quote:
Originally Posted by LThompson6 View Post
Everthing there is wrong, and if everyone "had a good laugh at me" they clearly don't know what sarcasm is and I'm still claiming I didn't cheat because I didn't and I've never cheated at anything, so I'll only say it one more time you completely misunderstood the sarcasm and have been crying about it so get over it and find something better to do other than arguing with everyone on this site you sad moron and if you respond to this then you obviously don't have a real life and I'll just ignore you anyway bye.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN View Post
Not at all. I find it quite different from my neck of the woods. Soccer has never been the 'in' sport and if anything we make fun of soccer in general. As no offense is meant to anyone by this, but I hardly consider it a sport haha. It doesn't matter though, NA is very different from the rest of the world in terms of sporting interest!
If thats your opinion then fine. But why are you on a football thread.

I can appreciate that im probably not the most popular person on this thread. And yes, ive said somethings that have proven to be false. But surely we can all agree that these comments are pointless. If you dont like a sport, musical genre, flavour of crisps why bloody comment on it.

Quote:
To be honest I actually think Altidore and Guzan are pretty crap. We have many better players than them back here in the States, such as Donavan who was only on loan during the off season due to different schedules, but this year the LA Galaxy have stated they don't want him loaned due to the fact that they want him well rested for this season to win a championship. Then there is also Edson Buddle who is only like 21 years old who is really good and players like Michael Bradley, Carlos Bocanegra,Jonathan Borstein,Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Spector, Oguchi Onyewu, with a few others as well who are pretty good players, including the young German/American player who switched his national teams from Germany to the USA. You also forgot about Tim Howard our goalkeeper who is one of our better players who plays for Everton.
Whats happened to young Freddie Adu? Last I heard big things were expected of him.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #78
BIGMatthew182

bigmatthew182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
I just want to point out that they where just examples that pop'd into my head i know there are more especially Goalkeepers and thats why i said "ect"

BIGMatthew182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #79
chelseaman99

The SFC Chris's Gamercard
It's called association football ... which is shortened to football. So call it that (don't care if you call American football football as well)
chelseaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #80
MikeyGrea

This thread makles me laugh. Especially the Spurs part.

Face it Americans, you are out of your depth here.
MikeyGrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #81
nejvetsiborec

biggestborec's Gamercard
Anyone else sick of EA making fun of soccer?
nejvetsiborec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:04 AM   #82
x JEREMY18 x

x JEREMY18 x's Gamercard
Quote:
On why your mocked -

Teams with stupid gimmick names
No promotion/relegation
Calling kits, uniforms/jerseys
Absurd commentary - Man City Vs Ny red bulls in a friendly before the start of the 10/11 season was an embarrassment
Calling squads rosters
Using the word franchise

And last but not least why you will never under any circumstance be taken seriously, you call football that bastard s word.
It's all about where you are from. I'm from the United States where we say "the soccer player wears a uniform/jersey and is apart of a roster and plays for a franchise." I don't know where you are from but I'm going to assume the United Kingdom. You would say this about an American football player "the American football player wears a kit and is apart of a squad and plays for a for an American football club." It all depends on where you are from.
x JEREMY18 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #83
StyledBear

StyledBear's Gamercard
this thread desperately needs axiomatic input

1. Americans, bar one or two blessed souls do NOT appreciate football in our european manner
2. They never shall - its called cultural separation
3. They shouldn't WANT to, they have about a billion big name sports of their own, let em swim in the pools of their own decadence
Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age Orgins + II, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, LEGO HP 1-4, LEGO PotC, LOST Via Domus, Madden 06 + 08 + 09, Mass Effect 1 + 2, NBA 2K6, Shrek the Third, Star Wars: TFU, Tekken 6, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 + 2011, WWE 12
Arcade
(2)
Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2

StyledBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #84
I Gil Galad I

I Gil Galad I's Gamercard
Two things:
1. Australia is the best at football in the world. (Australian Rules Football that is!)
2. AFL (Australian Football Leauge) and rugby are both tougher that American Football due to the lack of... armour.
Yes, its about the size of one's cojones!

And just to add to it, there's nothing quite like that atmosphere of a game of football in England.

100% (inc. DLC): 95 Retail. 53 Arcade. 39 WP7.
I Gil Galad I is offline   Reply With Quote