|07-10-2012, 01:56 AM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London, England
What was so good about Autolog 1.0?
I've seen I lot of lines saying Autolog 2.0 'makes a welcome return' or is an update to the 'critcally acclaimed Autolog'. Having only played NFS:HP after it became dead online I can't quite grasp what made it special, let alone so special enough to deserve plaudits. Y'know, like a BAFTA.
It seems like most of these features Autolog was pimped for are already available in other ways.
1. Built into career mode is Autolog, a kind of social network for Hot Pursuit.
2. The game tracks the achievements of your friends.
3. You can add text to a Wall, egging friends on to try and beat your times
4. Post up pictures of your favourite parts of the county.
1. Send Message / XBOX Live Party
2. Compare Games
3. Send Message. Pretty sure if a friend's played the same game as me and has posted a score, seeing the score in question isn't a new thing.
4. Something about playing a game in full motion appeals to me more than screenshots. By the time something cool happens and I think 'oh, cool' the moment's passed and I can't take a shot of it.
Seems like a relic of an era where developers wanted you to take photos and go to their website to discuss their game, but people just take the mandatory minimum for the related achievements and then leave it on the shelf. (NFS: HS, Forza, Gears 2)
Hot Pursuit features a new social interaction system called "Autolog" described as "Facebook for the game".
You can discuss the game on Facebook.
the autolog feature completely changes how you compete with friends, keeping you hooked until you've wrecked all of their scores.
Errrm, how the hell was I meant to compete with friends on a racing game before Autolog if not by beating their best times and top scores?
Only thing left that stands out is...
Autolog also contains an experience system called "Bounty".
But wikipedia doesn't explain anything further than that and the reference links to a video that won't load.
What am I missing here?
|07-10-2012, 01:59 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2008
i think the autolog is pointless, games dont need to be a social network