Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Particle Rifle in multiplayer

I just updated my Multiplayer Manifest on the BSN and the prothean Particle Rifle appears as an unlockable N7-tier weapon. Awesome. Was this announced anywhere?
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
No announcement and I just played a game of gold with it. It's a piece of crap.
Bahroo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
D-star

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo3 View Post
Well it's damage was pretty bad in SP shot by shot but the multiplayer damage with continuous fire plus recharge made it a good gun.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
nafnoid

Nafnoid's Gamercard
They announced it just awhile ago and I bought 6 PSPs to try for one.. No go. ugh. Anyone else have better luck?
nafnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh come on Bahroo, you think every weapon that's not a claymore is a piece of crap But seriously, there are really only a handful of weapons that should be brought into gold. All the others are good for is just for fun on bronze and silver. Shame this one sounds like it falls into that category also seeing as it's an ultra-rare.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo yeah View Post
Oh come on Bahroo, you think every weapon that's not a claymore is a piece of crap But seriously, there are really only a handful of weapons that should be brought into gold. All the others are good for is just for fun on bronze and silver. Shame this one sounds like it falls into that category also seeing as it's an ultra-rare.
Rail Amp 3
Warp Ammo 4
Assault Rifle gear 5

and it does lackluster damage. Looking forward to seeing the actual stats on it.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #7
x410xDragon
Banned User

x410xDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Rail Amp 3
Warp Ammo 4
Assault Rifle gear 5

and it does lackluster damage. Looking forward to seeing the actual stats on it.
All that and it's still bad? Glad I don't want it.
x410xDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #8
Skeetacus

Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Seems legit; even if the weapon is severely under-par... Even though it's an N7 weapon, I'm still holding my breath for the damn Valkyrie... I mean c'mon! All N7 guns but the assault rifle? Mreh.
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm only slightly disappointed by this. I have all the ultra-rares except this and the Paladin, plus all the rest ranked up to X, and I still only use the Valiant. Well, that and maybe three others on occasion. I'm glad that at least there's more useless crap to collect

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo yeah View Post
What is this "playing for fun" you speak of? I don't understand.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetacus View Post
Seems legit; even if the weapon is severely under-par... Even though it's an N7 weapon, I'm still holding my breath for the damn Valkyrie... I mean c'mon! All N7 guns but the assault rifle? Mreh.
The Valkyrie is bound to show up sooner or later. I wouldn't mind the Argus either.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Quote:
Rail Amp 3
Warp Ammo 4
Assault Rifle gear 5

Good. There's already the Eagle, Saber, Black Widow, Phoenix characters....
Old 07-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
I don't know why people hate on the Phoenix characters...
Old 07-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #12
Skeetacus

Location: Indiana, a boring state in the middle of f***ing everything here in the U.S.A

xXxSK33TACUSxXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIF View Post
Wha?--

The Saber is hands-down one of my favorite weapons so pardon me if I'm a bit confused by your statement...

Hmm... Eagle is bad maybe for Gold, good in bronze, a bit of a crutch in silver, but...

Well, obviously Widow > Black Widow...

Phoenix Characters are certainly a bit flashy, but looking past all that, the Adept is probably one of my favorite classes... The ability to spam Smash/Lash makes for a potent combination...

/rant
He's gonna get your foot in his ass and when we leave I'm taking his N7 weapons and leaving him my level IV ammo. Everybody wins.
Still crazy addicted to ME3 MP - My N7HQ
Skeetacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #13
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Quote:
Wha?--

The Saber is hands-down one of my favorite weapons so pardon me if I'm a bit confused by your statement...

Hmm... Eagle is bad maybe for Gold, good in bronze, a bit of a crutch in silver, but...

Well, obviously Widow > Black Widow...

Phoenix Characters are certainly a bit flashy, but looking past all that, the Adept is probably one of my favorite classes... The ability to spam Smash/Lash makes for a potent combination...

/rant
I listed weapons (+two chars) that feel OP lol. Hopefully the PPR is nerfed like Bahroo says.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
Bahroo3

Bahroo3's Gamercard

Well I knew this thing was a giant piece of crap but at least we get to see WHY now.

Damage [17.2-21.4]
ROF [800]
weight [2.0-1.4]
magsize [100]
rechargeratepersecond [0.35f]
recoil [0.0f]
timetoheatup [2.f]

Yes, the UR does less DPS than an Avenger
Old 07-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #15
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
lol. I think the only thing that outdamages is the GPSMG, and even then it's only slightly higher (even when factoring in ROF). But wait, is that damage just for the startup beam or is that even for the charged beam?

I imagine it could make a decent Freeze Ray with Cryo ammo, but since only unprotected targets can be frozen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-12-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
oooo yeah

oooo yeah's Gamercard
Sounds like a real piece of shit. Unlike the Godly Collector Rifle.
oooo yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #17
Kit-103

IxI Kit IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
I'm still holding my breath for the damn Valkyrie... I mean c'mon! All N7 guns but the assault rifle? Mreh.
If the Valkyrie ever ends up in multiplayer, it better join the weekend specials. ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpelt View Post
The Valkyrie is bound to show up sooner or later. I wouldn't mind the Argus either.
And I would love it if the Argus was a Gold weapon...
Old 07-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #18
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
With the DLC coming out soon and a weekend operation I wanted to see if I can beat silver after 2 weeks of not playing ME3 MP (turns out I can). The first spectre pack I buy and I get Particle Rifle. Lucky me I guess. Too bad it is useless. Terrible waste of Ultra Rare space. Now when and if I get Ultra Rare weapon there is a 10% chance I get this piece of crap instead of something usefull. Oh well, back to Skyrim.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #19
Eating Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
With the DLC coming out soon and a weekend operation I wanted to see if I can beat silver after 2 weeks of not playing ME3 MP (turns out I can). The first spectre pack I buy and I get Particle Rifle. Lucky me I guess. Too bad it is useless. Terrible waste of Ultra Rare space. Now when and if I get Ultra Rare weapon there is a 10% chance I get this piece of crap instead of something usefull. Oh well, back to Skyrim.
Nooooo. I cant believe this bloody random crap. I have spent over 2 million credits in psp and sp and got no ultra rare weapons since they announced this gun was out. I keep going online seeing people who it appears have hardly played the game from their N7 rank and have this gun wtf. I feel like the only one left out not to mention those are the credits I should be saving for the dlc.

Rant over for now.

Have the people who have used it tried different ammo powers on it. Im thinking because it has a continuous beam that it would work well by using it as a freeze gun, or setting amoured enemies alight. It maybe possible that they will upgrade the damage output of the gun later on, maybe they didnt want another krysae rifle situation so they starting with low damage.
Eating Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eating Machine View Post
Nooooo. I cant believe this bloody random crap. I have spent over 2 million credits in psp and sp and got no ultra rare weapons since they announced this gun was out. I keep going online seeing people who it appears have hardly played the game from their N7 rank and have this gun wtf. I feel like the only one left out not to mention those are the credits I should be saving for the dlc.

Rant over for now.

Have the people who have used it tried different ammo powers on it. Im thinking because it has a continuous beam that it would work well by using it as a freeze gun, or setting amoured enemies alight. It maybe possible that they will upgrade the damage output of the gun later on, maybe they didnt want another krysae rifle situation so they starting with low damage.
I know how you feel I still don't have the paladin yet I see so many low levels using it I'm starting to think they added it to the starter pack.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #21
jwtaylor1980

armaedes's Gamercard
I'm annoyed I can't seem to unlock anymore Reegar Carbines. I got it to IV almost immediately after the DLC was released, and haven't picked up any more since. It's one of my favorite guns.
jwtaylor1980 is offline   Reply With Quote