PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Alice: Madness Returns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Soralinkyuna

DerezzedRinzler's Gamercard
Games on Demand version come with American McGee's Alice?

Hey, I didn't see any discussion for this so sorry if this was covered:

Does the Games on Demand version come with the first Alice already activated or do I need to buy that on top of Madness Returns?

It's not like the GoD version is pre-owned after all...
Soralinkyuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I am pretty sure (around 85%) that you will still have to buy AM:A. That is how Microsoft will milk you for some money. I think that you will have to pay for the expansion since they are listed as different things, and I have NEVER experienced a moment on XBL where you can download 2 things for the price of one.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Soralinkyuna

DerezzedRinzler's Gamercard
Hmm, thanks. I was thinking that as well but I was hoping that it was the other way around. Oh well, I'll try finding a really cheap new copy instead...
Soralinkyuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Impossible Trinity - Silver   Staff Club - troy0891   Referrals - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
I'm pretty sure it would not come with the original game. It would be nice if it did, but I highly doubt it. I've seen new copes for about $35-40 or so now so at least the price has gone down a bit.
Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
ghostxface

ghostfaceKELSEY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I bought the game right from Xbox [not sure it that's what you mean by on Demand version] for $40 and it came with American McGee's Alice.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostxface View Post
I bought the game right from Xbox [not sure it that's what you mean by on Demand version] for $40 and it came with American McGee's Alice.
As in, downloading it from the server? If so, that answers the question, it seems GoD gives you American McGee's Alice. Good for Microsoft!

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
bupic hair II

bupic hair II's Gamercard
my suggestion would be buying the hard copy, you have to buy the dlc either way. might buy this game the old lady is really interested in it.
bupic hair II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
ghostxface

ghostfaceKELSEY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
As in, downloading it from the server? If so, that answers the question, it seems GoD gives you American McGee's Alice. Good for Microsoft!
Yeah, I downloaded it right from the server. I didn't even realize that you could purchase the DLC separately, so I'm quite surprised that both were included within that $40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bupic hair II View Post
my suggestion would be buying the hard copy, you have to buy the dlc either way. might buy this game the old lady is really interested in it.
But you don't have to buy the DLC either way. I purchased it for $40 right from the Xbox, and the DLC was included in that.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 AM   #9
Rukia1984

Rukia1984's Gamercard
I hope it does I'm downloading it now. I'm not going to fork out another 10 to get the DLC. Dragon Age II came with The Black Emporium included so Alice should have the DLC included as well.
Rukia1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
DarkJake

Chaos Lawyer's Gamercard
sells for $30 or 2400 MSP now. I think I'll wait till it drops to $20. Btw, does the Alice in wonderland game come with separate cheevos?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
EveAres

EveAres's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJake View Post
sells for $30 or 2400 MSP now. I think I'll wait till it drops to $20. Btw, does the Alice in wonderland game come with separate cheevos?
Yes and no. American McGee's Alice has 100 points worth of achievements but they're included in the overall 1000 GS for Alice: Madness Returns. Alice: Madness Returns only has 900 GS.
EveAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #12
DarkJake

Chaos Lawyer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveAres View Post
Yes and no. American McGee's Alice has 100 points worth of achievements but they're included in the overall 1000 GS for Alice: Madness Returns. Alice: Madness Returns only has 900 GS.
wtf? thought companies weren't allowed to include original cheevos for DLC?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
EveAres

EveAres's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJake View Post
wtf? thought companies weren't allowed to include original cheevos for DLC?
They got around it by including it with the original game if you purchased it. I believe you got a code or something. I never purchased a retail version so I'm not 100% sure about it but I remember my brother saying that he got American McGee's Alice with Alice: Madness Returns.

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Magna Carta 2, Alice: Madness Returns, Bioshock, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed II, Bayonetta, Castlevania: LoS and Darksiders
EveAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #14
DarkJake

Chaos Lawyer's Gamercard
Quote:
They got around it by including it with the original game if you purchased it. I believe you got a code or something. I never purchased a retail version so I'm not 100% sure about it but I remember my brother saying that he got American McGee's Alice with Alice: Madness Returns.
Yeah, but all other games that include "DLC" with a new copy have made that extend beyond the original 1000 like ME2, Batman AC, etc...
Old 07-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #15
Baki54

Baki54's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:

The game is $20(Walmart) here in the US now.Ea only structured the achievements like this to combat used game sales.Its a clever work-around of Microsofts rules.I was going to buy it new anyways, so no biggie.Cant wait to play it.
I think you'll agree with me when I pose the question, "Is X360.org not the phucking greatest?".Seriously if you want to know how to do it, go to another site...If you want to know how to do it right COME TO THE ORG!!
Baki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Kyle Voorhees

Kyle Voorhees's Gamercard
Thinking about downloading this now since it is down to $20 on GoD. Knowing that it does include the original for sure makes it a must buy now. I was worried it wouldn't be included.
Kyle Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #17
Doctor Mandrake

Doctor Mandrake's Gamercard
So's it's clear:

American McGee's Alice is included with the Games on Demand version of Madness Returns. It does not require the additional download from the Marketplace - it's a part of the GoD download, and can be accessed from the main menu.

Also, this game is awesome sauce.
Doctor Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
Ahrxelc

Neon Chazzmosis's Gamercard
It certainly does NOT come with the dlc on GoD. It made me shell out the extra $10 to play the original game. :/
Ahrxelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #19
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrxelc View Post
It certainly does NOT come with the dlc on GoD. It made me shell out the extra $10 to play the original game. :/
Well... that answers a question I had about the DLC! Be thankful you were able to GET the DLC... because it was FIRST announced it was FREE (May 30, 2013) - then it was pulled from the Xbox Marketplace - on the same day, apparently!

I hate it when DLC gets pulled (especially when there's no notice that it will be pulled). It's one thing, that EA announces it is shutting down online servers for a game... but it's a much bigger deal, when they pull DLC - and they don't even give a heads-up about it!!

I've already gotten the DLC (it came with my new copy of the game, as a download), but I feel for the people who get the game used, or as YOU stated... the GoD version no longer has the DLC with it, and is now no longer available for purchase.

I would assume a "new" copy of the game that has the DLC code, will still allow you to download the DLC, since that is considered "paid for" with the retail disc version of the game.
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote