PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 7,853

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console Confirmed

Quote:
  • Exclusive design: Limited-edition, one-of-a-kind console was custom designed by the Halo 4 developer, 343 Industries, and Xbox 360.
  • Two custom Halo 4 wireless controllers: High-performance controllers boast a range of up to 30 feet and come with a rotating D-pad and blue LED lights.
  • Halo 4 Standard Edition game: Begin the Halo Reclaimer saga right out of the box.
  • Exclusive sounds: Hear actual Halo 4 in-game sound effects when console is turned on and when the eject button is pushed.
  • Largest hard drive available: The 320-GB hard drive offers more space for game add-ons and downloadable content, and more memory to store all of your entertainment.
  • Custom downloadable content: Receive a code to download Halo 4 content from Xbox LIVE, including unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.
  • Black Xbox 360 headset: Chat with friends on Xbox LIVE, or team up and jump in with multiplayer gameplay.





The console was announced prematurely, so the page has been removed. Funny how this isn't the first time someone at Microsoft has prematurely revealed something. Someone really needs to hire better people to work there.

Anyway, this console looks bad-ass! Not a fan of just a regular, black headset, but whatever floats Microsoft's boat.

Source: loudmouthgamer
__________________
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console? At the very least they need to offer a trade-in incentive for the regular 360 slim toward this one. My slim is too new to even consider buying another console now.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
CaRo
 
CaRo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Carolina
Posts: 30
Send a message via AIM to CaRo
That console looks pretty amazing. I love the colors on it, I may just have to break down and sell my current one when this comes out because it cools sweet. The blue is just really nice! Nice find
__________________

Thank You Gackt For The Sig!
CaRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
The bundle was listed with a retail price of $399.99 before it was taken down. Source

I don't think it's worth that price because I agree with DarkReign2021.
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 7,853

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
At the very least they need to offer a trade-in incentive for the regular 360 slim toward this one.
I'm sure certain retailers will offer some sort of trade-in deal. Besides, it's not up to Microsoft anyway.
__________________
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
I'm sure certain retailers will offer some sort of trade-in deal. Besides, it's not up to Microsoft anyway.
The bundle is available for pre-order on Microsoftís online store for $399.99. [Update: Looks like the product listing has been removed for now.]

It's up to Microsoft if the system is only sold through the Microsoft Store.

IGN
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Man that looks awesome, I'm a sucker for non-standard LED colors...but I have the Reach console so I'll have to give this a pass. With luck the controller will be available separately so I can at least grab that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght
The bundle is available for pre-order on Microsoft’s online store for $399.99. [Update: Looks like the product listing has been removed for now.]
Surely it will be available through other vendors as well, Microsoft is just the one that let it slip. The other retailers can choose whether or not to have a trade-in offer of their own.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-13-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #8
Rep
 
Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 3,003
Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.
__________________
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #9
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.
Why not? It's not like you won't need your 360 when the next Xbox comes out, unless you're getting rid of your library too. But then you may as well argue that they're trying to get away with releasing "another Halo" this close to next gen.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #10
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,441

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?
Not sure what you mean by that, i'm sure there are people who will buy it, not everyone is planning on buying the next gen the day it releases so it is possible that people will be playing their 360's for 18+ months from now. Also how is a custom console any different to a collector's edition of a game (besides the obvious price tag). If people are a fan of the franchise or console collectors, than MS will shift more than a few.

I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.
Ehh, not to burst your bubble but the appeal of it being "collectible" wears off pretty fast, but it's still really nice to look at and use something other than a generic black box. The custom sounds (and blue LEDs in this case) definitely help in that department. IDK if I could ever go back to a plain console, the beeps and dings would drive me bananas after growing fond of the subtle shield sounds my console makes.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 AM   #12
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,441

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #13
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited
The system itself has an exclusive Halo design in addition to custom sounds when itís turned on or when a disc is ejected. According to IGN
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 AM   #14
fastNcurious
 
fastNcurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2,397

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I guess I'm in the minority when I say it looks like a mess. Way too many lines. There's something to be said for simplicity, and striking a balance. I think they went slightly too far in the opposite direction. Just my opinion.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #15
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 7,853

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght View Post
It's up to Microsoft if the system is only sold through the Microsoft Store.
No? What's stopping any retailer from purchasing in bulk and re-selling it?

Besides, Microsoft knows how overpriced their own stores are. Let other retailers do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght View Post
The system itself has an exclusive Halo design in addition to custom sounds when itís turned on or when a disc is ejected. According to IGN
Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?
__________________
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #16
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
I guess I'm in the minority when I say it looks like a mess. Way too many lines. There's something to be said for simplicity, and striking a balance. I think they went slightly too far in the opposite direction. Just my opinion.
If they took off the "halo 4" off the controller I would never of guessed that it has to do with with "Halo 4." It looks just like another system and controller skin you put on yourself. I think the design is a little generic, nothing stands out on it.
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #17
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23
Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited
Listen for yourself Eject/close is shield recharge, on/off is grabbing one of the powerups I believe (my Reach memory is a bit hazy though).

The Halo 4 console will have its own sounds though, hopefully they're as good. The Gears of War 3 console also had custom sounds, and while the on/off is awesome, I can't even make out what the open/close is because it's so faint.

EDIT @below: The novelty on my Reach sounds hasn't worn off in the slightest. Like I said, waaaay better than beeps and dings.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-13-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #18
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,441

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?
That was partly my fault, i completely skipped the part about the sounds in your OP. I'm tempted to buy it just for that. I'm a sucker for all the gimmicky crap but i'm sure the novelty would wear off quick
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #19
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
No? What's stopping any retailer from purchasing in bulk and re-selling it?

Besides, Microsoft knows how overpriced their own stores are. Let other retailers do the job.
Why would the retailer sell it for less and lose money?


Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?
No I posted IGN to show where I got the info from. To show that I didn't pull the $399.99 price out of thin air. Can you find a more credible source? Try Kotaku It says the same thing as IGN.

Last edited by DividedbyN1ght; 07-13-2012 at 03:22 AM.
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 AM   #20
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 7,853

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght View Post
Why would the retailer sell it for less and lose money?
Because they can afford to? Besides, when buying in bulk, you would always end up saving more money.
__________________
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #21
CMCX360
 
CMCX360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 1,439

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Oh my god, that is beautiful. My Halo Reach console will suffice though. I have to pick up one of those controllers though.
__________________
I go by EvilChameleon over on PSTrophies.
CMCX360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:58 AM   #22
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Because they can afford to? Besides, when buying in bulk, you would always end up saving more money.
Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks? Until I can read that from a legitimate source, I think you pulled that idea out of thin air.
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:01 AM   #23
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght View Post
Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks? Until I can read that from a legitimate source, I think you pulled that idea out of thin air.
Can you find me a source that says Microsoft will be the only provider of the console? It leaked on Microsoft's site, that does not mean Gamestop, Best Buy, etc will not be carrying it. Stuff leaks on Amazon all the time, do you take that at face value and assume Amazon is the only provider because of it?
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #24
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Can you find me a source that says Microsoft will be the only provider of the console? It leaked on Microsoft's site, that does not mean Gamestop, Best Buy, etc will not be carrying it. Stuff leaks on Amazon all the time, do you take that at face value and assume Amazon is the only provider because of it?
I'm not the one who started this. iBuzz couldn't figure out why I posted IGN under information I got from their website? I explained why I posted the source and provided an additional source.

What you think I may or may not believe is irrelevant. I provided sources and an answer to his question. I have yet to see his source and trying to answer a question aimed towards some else with your own question further proves that he has no answer or a source.
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #25
yourbreakfast99
 
yourbreakfast99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,052

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i only want the controller because im fine with my white regular xbox 360
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 AM   #26
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght View Post
I'm not the one who started this. iBuzz couldn't figure out why I posted IGN under information I got from their website? I explained why I posted the source and provided an additional source.

What you think I may or may not believe is irrelevant. I provided sources and an answer to his question. I have yet to see his source and trying to answer a question aimed towards some else with your own question further proves that he has no answer or a source.
I don't see a source for Microsoft being the only provider, which is what you're stating. If you didn't know, if Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft (who makes Xbox...and owns Halo...).

See here's the problem: you assume Microsoft is the only provider, with that as "fact" you can disprove Buzz. Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider, thus with that assumption you're wrong.

But see, his assumption is way more reasonable because, well, most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers. For example, you can buy Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop, Amazon, even Microsoft. On the other hand, you're taking a leak at face value, which means every unknown (including other vendors) is automatically false, and claim to be right.

So yes, way more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system too. If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft. Additionally if they carry the system, they can make their own personal trade-in deals.

I don't know how to make that any clearer.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #27
DividedbyN1ght
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I don't see a source for Microsoft being the only provider, which is what you're stating. If you didn't know, if Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft (who makes Xbox...and owns Halo...).

See here's the problem: you assume Microsoft is the only provider, with that as "fact" you can disprove Buzz. Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider, thus with that assumption you're wrong.

But see, his assumption is way more reasonable because, well, most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers. For example, you can buy Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop, Amazon, even Microsoft. On the other hand, you're taking a leak at face value, which means every unknown (including other vendors) is automatically false, and claim to be right.

So yes, way more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system too. If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft. Additionally if they carry the system, they can make their own personal trade-in deals.

I don't know how to make that any clearer.
The original question I posted, that was aimed towards iBuzz, now aimed at you has yet to be answered or a source provided.

Can you show me one of my quotes that says "Microsoft is the only provider that is going to sell the Halo 4 collector's edition system?" You ASSUMED that that was what I was saying. Back to my original question aimed at you now, show me a source that says Microsoft is selling the Halo 4 collector's edition system to other retailers in bulks.

Show me one of my quotes that "you assume Microsoft is the only provider" proves that I made that assumption as you put it. You say "Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider" I see no ACTUAL evidence of that system being sold in bulks. Which brings us back to my original question, provide a source saying that that system is being sold in bulks to other retailers.

You assume that since "most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers" that the Halo 4 collector's edition console will be too. Yes, you can buy Halo 4 collector's edition at other retailers, but show me that same fact about that console being sold in bulks. Since you were blessed with the ability to tell me what I mean behind my own words (you assume Microsoft is the only provider), How I perceive information (you're taking a leak at face value) then why absolutely everything in what you stated is nothing but an assumption?

more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system - Your assumption

If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft - Another assumption

which is what you're stating - And again another assumption

Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft - Assumption

All you did was provide your own assumptions, one after the other, what's clear is that you have avoided my original question again.

Now, I ask you yet again, Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks?

Last edited by DividedbyN1ght; 07-13-2012 at 05:18 AM.
DividedbyN1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #28
StillTIPPIN187
 
StillTIPPIN187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ESVA
Posts: 2,089

The Sobriety's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have to give MS props.. They are aboslutely horrible at making non generic first party games.. Aside from Halo and Forza.. But they have gotten considerable better with making these special editon consoles since the slim version debuted..

Halo Reach was amazing for its time.. But Gears 3 topped that.. Then Modern Warfare 3 topped that.. and now Halo 4 is blowing away them all.. Im very impressed with it..

Id serisiouly consider selling all my stuff (not at gamestop like a idiot ofcourse) and get around 300 at the most.. for everything including some of the games i have 1K'd already..

But im not sure really.. Plain black is just really sleek and clean with my all black setup..

Amazing console none the less..
__________________
StillTIPPIN187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
The Duke of Darkness
 
The Duke of Darkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,823

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Listen for yourself Eject/close is shield recharge, on/off is grabbing one of the powerups I believe (my Reach memory is a bit hazy though).

The Halo 4 console will have its own sounds though, hopefully they're as good. The Gears of War 3 console also had custom sounds, and while the on/off is awesome, I can't even make out what the open/close is because it's so faint.

EDIT @below: The novelty on my Reach sounds hasn't worn off in the slightest. Like I said, waaaay better than beeps and dings.
The Gears 3 console open/close sound is the "end of wave sound"
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #30
Jawsant
 
Jawsant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 144

batt1sta's Gamercard
I'm in no need for a new Xbox so I hope Microsoft release's the controllers separately. It looks great though!
__________________
[SIZE=2

1000GS or More:
[/SIZE]
Halo: Reach, Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 3, TFU II, Borderlands, The Walking Dead (Video Game), Captain America: Super Soldier

Message me if you want to play/start a custom games in Halo 3 OR Halo Reach



Jawsant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.