PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Dannyb0yUK

Dannyb0yUK's Gamercard
'Thief looting'?

I appreciate that an achievement guide will likely be up in the next day or two, but I want to get my 1000 by Friday when I trade this in. I've looted well over 50 guard corpses, so I can only presume that 'thief looting' is something different from just holding B?

Does anybody have it and if so, could they possibly point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: This is for the 'Fast Fingers' achievement, of course. If anyone has any tips for the Mouse Trap one too, that would be brilliant!
Hi! I'm nine years old and if you ever have an opinion that differs from mine, I'm going to become immediately hostile... because I'm super mature and that's how people ought to react to those who think differently from me!

Idiots make me angry.

Last edited by Dannyb0yUK; 11-15-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Dannyb0yUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Shirley

Renatka82's Gamercard
Yeah after looting 50 dead bodies - I realized that it has to be something different.

You have to do the second list of challenges for the Thief Guild - it will unlock the special thief ability to loot.

Then you simply hire thiefs and go to kill some guards and they will automatically looting them (they will be also stealing from people lol).
Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Lucki88

Lucki88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyb0yUK View Post
I appreciate that an achievement guide will likely be up in the next day or two, but I want to get my 1000 by Friday when I trade this in. I've looted well over 50 guard corpses, so I can only presume that 'thief looting' is something different from just holding B?

Does anybody have it and if so, could they possibly point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: This is for the 'Fast Fingers' achievement, of course. If anyone has any tips for the Mouse Trap one too, that would be brilliant!
You must unlock the secret ability of the thief fraction. Go to the Thief HQ and solve all tasks from paragraph 2 from the chalkboard. After doing this hire thieves on the street and they will loot the corpses for you after you killed the guards.

Lucki88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
Dannyb0yUK

Dannyb0yUK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucki88 View Post
You must unlock the secret ability of the thief fraction. Go to the Thief HQ and solve all tasks from paragraph 2 from the chalkboard. After doing this hire thieves on the street and they will loot the corpses for you after you killed the guards.
Cheers guys, clearly I haven't looked hard enough when I've previously browsed the challenges!
Hi! I'm nine years old and if you ever have an opinion that differs from mine, I'm going to become immediately hostile... because I'm super mature and that's how people ought to react to those who think differently from me!

Idiots make me angry.

Dannyb0yUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Entity

Exalted Entity's Gamercard
Now, does anyone know how to find thieves on rooftops? They do not give me a marker for the random thieves, they only show the ones that are near a building or the HQ.

Everything is Permitted, and Nothing is True.
I am negative infinity. I am the manifestation of nothingness. My power is the lack of existence. The lack of existence can pull all things that exist to fill the void. Thus, my power is everything, and yet nothing. And even still, it is not a contradiction. I am negative infinity.
Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
You will find them near the thief headquarters or any faction building that you have assigned to thieves.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
ive found turning all buildings into Thief buildings is the best idea since they are easily the best of the 3 factions. they can fight almost as well as the Mercs (honestly all you need them to do is provide a distraction when fighting several guards at once), you can have then distract guards without starting a fight like the Romanies, they are the only ones that can follow you around on rooftops, and once you get their special ability, you dont have to waste your time looting corpses anymore. its also really funny because they will also rob everyone they walk past, and the people wont even get mad the way they do when you rob them! there is practically no downside to them.

Last edited by shinobigarth; 11-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
Yoda of Borg

Yoda of Borg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
ive found turning all buildings into Thief buildings is the best idea since they are easily the best of the 3 factions.
Right you are. Also they're the hardest to find, so making every faction building a Thief building makes them easier to locate.

As for Mouse Trap, from a rooftop (so the guards don't see you and come after you instead of to the bomb) throw a Cherry Bomb at the scaffolding, and wait for the guards to check it out, and then throw a caltrop bomb at the scaffold. Jump down onto one of the guards (using instead of so you tackle him and his kill counts towards the Mouse Trap achievement). Before they recover from the caltrop bomb, run past the scaffold, holding to pull it down.

It's not an easy achievement, but completely doable. Fortunately you don't have to get all 5 in the same scaffold and only have to do this up to 5 times.

Last edited by Yoda of Borg; 07-14-2012 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Missed a ")"
Yoda of Borg is offline   Reply With Quote