PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider Underworld
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
WonderCaliban

WonderCaliban's Gamercard
Worth Playing on Hard First?

I was wondering if it was worth playing on Hard mode first?

Apart from a couple of boss fights TR:Legend wasn't that difficult on hard so I was wondering what this one was like.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
DelacroixUMEA

DelacroixUMEA's Gamercard
yes do that, the game is very easy in the combatzones

use shotgun for best results
DelacroixUMEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Might as well. If you die, you get full health again anyway.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
torsken

lol hard was a joke, did it with pistols och kicks:P worked for me=)
torsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
sawred

sawred4444's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderCaliban View Post
I was wondering if it was worth playing on Hard mode first?

Apart from a couple of boss fights TR:Legend wasn't that difficult on hard so I was wondering what this one was like.
Absolutely play it on hard first. I found getting close and kicking and the one shot kill when you can. Anyway you do it is fine, it's not hard at all on hard setting. Took me two days to get 100% completion for everything, and I started on hard.
sawred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:44 AM   #6
E vee dub

Send a message via AIM to E vee dub

E vee dub's Gamercard
For less headache, start with easy.

If you're going for the full 1,000 Gs, consider playing on easy first and getting all other achievements, especially the collectibles. Keep in mind the Treasure Hunting option is unlocked after you beat it, just in case you missed a collectible.

After you beat it on easy, all the collectibles (especially the relics) are still in your inventory. Having all 6 relics, your health bar is double from the start. Plus, you will already be familiar with all the puzzles and you can just breeze through the Master Survivalist difficulty. I ran past almost every enemy.

Good luck with your 1,000 Gs.

1000/1000 Tomb Raider Underworld

NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
RALEIGH, N.C.
"CLASS OF 2005"
"THE WOLFPACK"

Last edited by E vee dub; 12-05-2008 at 08:04 AM.
E vee dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:30 AM   #7
sawred

sawred4444's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by E vee dub View Post
If you're going for the full 1,000 Gs, consider playing on easy first and getting all other achievements, especially the collectibles.

After you beat it on easy, all the collectibles (especially the relics) are still in your inventory. Having all 6 relics, your health bar is double from the start. Plus, you will already be familiar with all the puzzles and you can just breeze through the Master Survivalist difficulty. I am.

Excellent point. Getting the relics ups your health, didn't know you could keep them like that.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
Fromknecht

Fromknecht's Gamercard
I disagree with the suggestion to do it first on easy. The combat and the treasure collecting are pretty separate activities while you're going through the levels. On top of that beating the game unlocks a treasure hunting mode where you can select a stage and just walk through it. Even without a guide I breezed through the game, found most of the treasure, and all of the relics.
Fromknecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
AllyAdair

AllyA89's Gamercard
I just got the game today and im planning to play through on easy first, Get a feel for the game, Go "Collecting" and then move onto hard difficulty.

Killed more noobs than cancer
AllyAdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:12 AM   #10
gt realist

Addi Realist's Gamercard
i started it on hard first and collecting only the relics. i'll get all the other stuff on my 2nd time round. that way i'll know wat i have to do and where i gotta go. so i'll take more time searching instead of solving puzzles.

GEORGETOWN, GUYANA. BORN AND RAISE. GUYANA MI SEH

E.P.C.S. WE ARE THE ONE'S
gt realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:15 AM   #11
gt realist

Addi Realist's Gamercard
Quote:
If you're going for the full 1,000 Gs, consider playing on easy first and getting all other achievements, especially the collectibles.

After you beat it on easy, all the collectibles (especially the relics) are still in your inventory. Having all 6 relics, your health bar is double from the start. Plus, you will already be familiar with all the puzzles and you can just breeze through the Master Survivalist difficulty. I ran past almost every enemy.

you gotta a point here. but it's too late for me.

GEORGETOWN, GUYANA. BORN AND RAISE. GUYANA MI SEH

E.P.C.S. WE ARE THE ONE'S
gt realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:07 AM   #12
Ravage NZ

Ravage NZ's Gamercard
I'm going through on Hard first. I was really surprised how easy TRA and TRL were on Hard, and I did both of those on the Normal difficulty the first time.

I'll zip through again for any relics and treasures I missed, and hopefully with unlimited ammo if you get that as with other TR games.
Ravage NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:37 AM   #13
Triple W 72

Warden1972's Gamercard
Also keep in mind that this game is very generous with checkpoints. Go ahead and play on Master Survivalist. I am. I'm dying a lot (mainly from falling) and it doesn't even bother me.
Triple W 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #14
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hard on this game is about the same as easy on any other game. Which is disappointing. But hey, makes for an easy 1000. Timewise, it only took about 8 hours for me to earn the entire gamerscore.
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 AM   #15
Bob Dole 007

Bob Dole 007's Gamercard
Quote:
If you're going for the full 1,000 Gs, consider playing on easy first and getting all other achievements, especially the collectibles. Keep in mind the Treasure Hunting option is unlocked after you beat it, just in case you missed a collectible.

I just beat the game on easy as you suggested....got every achievement except beating the game on hard obviously. So now how do I start a game on hard while keeping my relics for the extra health? The warning when I go to start new game scares me that I would lose my relics and thus extra health. Please let me know...thanks!
Bob Dole 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #16
Bob Dole 007

Bob Dole 007's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole 007 View Post
I just beat the game on easy as you suggested....got every achievement except beating the game on hard obviously. So now how do I start a game on hard while keeping my relics for the extra health? The warning when I go to start new game scares me that I would lose my relics and thus extra health. Please let me know...thanks!
Well since nobody felt like answering my question I went ahead and started a new game. Just like I feared....the relics and treasures DID NOT carry over. Guide should be updated to say how you go about starting a game on hard once you have all the relics to take advantage of the maxed out health. Also it should be added to the guide that you might as well just play through on hard as it really is not that hard as stated before. I really wish I had done it in one playthrough. So if anybody is wondering....DO NOT START A NEW GAME if you want to follow what the guide says with two playthroughs. I have no idea how to carry over the relics or if you even can.

Sorry to bash on the guide a bit....everything else was a great help and thank you for that....but this really should be changed....
Bob Dole 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:13 AM   #17
ezekiel 08

ezekiel 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm playing it on hard straight up and damn, this game is soooo easy! What were they thinking? It's like a babies game .

Getting all the collectables is still so easy. The only time I've died is when I've randomly fallen off ledges for no apparent reason .

Completed Games [125] | Gamerscore Completion Rate [90.74%]

* retired gamerscore whore *
ezekiel 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #18
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
I didn't seem to see a big difference between easy normal and hard. The only problems you're going to come across are the puzzles and figuring out where the hell you gotta go. Enemies are no big deal.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:25 AM   #19
Streetrunner77

Streetrunner77's Gamercard
i'll be lucky to get past the thor level - been stuck on it for over an hour
Old 07-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
jeffa 9946

jeffrey9946's Gamercard
even on hard it's easy ! the whole game is easy... got all achievments ! now waiting for the new tomb raider....
jeffa 9946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #21
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
On easy it took me 9-10 hours to do all collectibles (185!) and finish the game.

I got stuck a few times. Since there are NO level bosses and hardly ANY enemies I feel a chump to not start on hard, so I say definitely start on hard.

The final boss of TR Legend was too difficult for me to ever beat, but this game has no bosses at all, the whole game simply drives on collecting crap, a real shame.
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #22
Mellow Tha Pro

Mellow Tha Pro's Gamercard
game really ain't worth playing on easy or hard...just my opinion.
Mellow Tha Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #23
dvdubb

DVDUBB's Gamercard
just play it on hard...no need to go through the game twice...just take your time for finding all relics and treasures (if you're into that)...if not, then it makes the game even faster for you to complete...
dvdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #24
zzamaro

zzamaro's Gamercard
Hard was a joke. The only thing hard about the game is the platforming, it's easy to die if you don't know where to go(or jump).
Old 07-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #25
xEMPTYGRAVEx

xEMPTYGRAVEx's Gamercard
Hard difficulty is pretty easy
Old 08-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #26
Your Jinxed

A Kid Flash's Gamercard
I started on hardest setting and it has been worth almost every death, heh. I know I won't have to restart the whole game to get one achievement and I've found out it has made me a better gamer.
Your Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #27
darth nerdius

D4RTH N3RDIUS's Gamercard
I always play on easy first or normal just to enjoy a game and story. Then go thru hard. Whats wrong with doubling your gameplay. You paid for it might as well get the most time for your money.
2000th achievement unlocked 11:16 am 7/29/13
Big ups to rajeanero for the sig.
darth nerdius is offline   Reply With Quote