PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
CrunchyNachos

How to beat the two MG courtyard in Ch. 14

Just thought I'd put this here for anyone needing it on FUBAR.

I had RPG and another weapon. Used the other weapon to kill the guards popping over the wall on the left, and then all the guys in front of the left MG, by switching to left shoulder view and leaning out from behind the metal doorway. At this point there was only the MG guy left, firing at me and Adams.

Exchanged my machine gun for the SCAR that is against the sandbags, took SCAR/RPG over to the left sandbags, and moved up to the left Humvee. One RPG at the right MG (which will take out the two guards to the left of it), one RPG at the left MG. Move up fill up on ammo (+1 RPG), then right to the second Humvee. Had 2 stickies/2 grenades from the ammo box and whatever I'd been given to start. Launched three of those, moved up the sandbags on the right, one more into the guards that spawn, and then you're in for the checkpoint.

Hope that helps someone on FUBAR. Took me a while to figure it out, it was a lot easier on the previous difficulties.

Once you get the checkpoint, just man the MG in the circular room on the left side of the structure, and use your red triangle to locate/target/attack with adams.
CrunchyNachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Thatīs very good to know my friend, thank you.
Iīm about to start my FUBAR plathrough, but every tip will prove most usefull.
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Baryonyx

Indigo Potato's Gamercard
I stuck with my SCAR/Desert Eagle combo. I used the RPG rounds to clear the soldiers coming over the wall on the immediate left of the entrance before moving up from there.

The Desert Eagle is a great leveller for this scenario. Switch on the snap-to aiming and pop out of cover with the DE to line up quick headshots on the enemies reinforcing the MG positions. By the time I had run out of ammo for this weapon and had to switch to my SCAR most of the enemies were dead and I was on the right hand side of the map taking cover near the right MG position.

I would go with your gut instinct for which weapons will suit you best here, I didn't find the RPG all that useful going forward as the main thing that will impede your progress are the enemy soldiers, not the MG's. Once you'd thinned their numbers, you can move up on the MG's with little issue.

Call of Duty 4 - 1000/1000
Call of Duty 2 - 1000/1000

Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
Super Happy Go Go

SuperHappyGoGo's Gamercard
Awesome tips guys - I did this on my second try on FUBAR using the RPG/Scar combo and using the snap-aiming makes it much easier, just pop up, fire 1~2 rounds real quick then duck back down to clear the guys popping up on the left. Don't forget to use the explosive object on your right by the Humvee to take out some soldiers and create a dustcloud! I was then able to leisurely sprint across the open ground into cover.
I did find though, you needed to be quick taking out the 2 MG's otherwise the reinforcements arrive & they'll start firing again. Then you can Sprint quickly behind the Humvee & grab the grenades & as long as you watch out for flanking AI you should hit that checkpoint easily!
I used a slightly different strategy when I was told to man the MG, I didn't man the MG, I hung back & picked up the 'nade launcher which is in an alcove behind & to the left. The AI was so dumb they seemed to bunch up & between me & the AI buddy we blew them to pieces in about 20 seconds
Once you've cleared all the enemies & hit the next checkpoint (with the Juggernaut) I used 5 'nade launcher rounds to take him down. If you don't have 5 rounds left, don't worry. Die & restart then backtrack & the ammo tin & Launcher will have respawned BOOM time baby!
Super Happy Go Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
AirborneRichard

AirborneRichard's Gamercard
Very good tips there I had some trouble getting past this point, mainly if you not move up quik enough the MG,s getting manned again. The playthru on FUBAR wasn,t that bad realy once you know how to move up. Anyways thnx for the tips i,m sure it will be helpfull for alot