PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Trimmed Decks

Ok this is taking a very long time, some of these decks/most of them just have so many amazing cards it's very hard to trim to 60.

Over the next couple of days i will be posting what i have got in them and they will all be at 60 except for Puppet Dreams as i see that deck as having more benefit from more cards to mill with and most are fairly low cost.

Now i'm not saying this is the absolute best way to trim each deck but i have played 2-3 matches against all decks before i will add a deck to the list so here's the first one.

I will be open to suggestion or any info regarding something important i may of left out/something useless i may of left in as long as there is a valid reason for it

Crosswinds

25 Land
Kraken Hatchling x2
Disperse x2
Favorable Winds x2
Fog Bank x3
Mana Leak x1
Ring pf Evos Isle x2
Spiketail Hatchling x1
Twincast x1
Call to mind x1
Cancel x1
Repulse x2
Rite of Replication x2
Tarlands Invocation x4
Tarland, Sky Summoner x1
Furture Sight x1
Panoptic Mirror x1
Sphinx of Lost Truths x1
Spiketail Drake x1
Time Warp x1
Cerulean Sphinx x1
Day of the Dragons x1
Goliath Sphinx x3

Obedient Dead

Crippling Blight x2
Fume Spitter x2
Mire's Toll
Crippling Blight x2
Blister Beetle x2
Jet Medallion x2
Sign in Blood x2
Dreaded Warlock x2
Last Kiss
Liliana's Spectarx2
Murder x4
Underworld Dreams
Vampire Nighthawk
Warpath Ghoul x2
Bloodhunter Bat x2
Icy Manipulator
Liliana's Shade
Tendrils of Corruption
Halo Hunter
Rise from the Grave x 2
Corrupt
Nightmare Incursion
Public Execution x2
Rune-Scarred Demon

Credit to UndeadGamer for this one

Dream Puppets

Hedron Crab x2
Jace's Phantasm x4
Thought Scour x3
Tome Scour x2
Unsummon x2
Counterspell x2
Howling Mine x2
Into the Roil x2
Jace's Erasure x2
Mind Sculpt x3
AEther Adept x2
Sword of Body and Mind x1
Clone x2
Dreamborn Muse x2
Font of Mythos x2
Sleep x1
Archive Trap x1
Body Double x1
Mind Control x2
Traumatize x1

Last edited by IC3 L3G3ND; 07-03-2012 at 03:01 AM.
IC3 L3G3ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Goblin Gangland

Goblin Arsonist x2
Goblin Bushwacker x2
Goblin Fireslinger x1
Goblin Grenade x2
Goblin guide x1
Ragin Goblin x2
Shock x2
Smelt x2
Ember Hauler x2
Goblin Piledriver x2
Goblin Wardriver x1
Krenko's Command x3
Warren Instigator x1
Arms Dealer x1
Gempalm Incinerator x3
Goblin Chieftain x2
Goblin Warchief x1
Goblin Goon x1
Goblin Ringleader x1
Krenko Mob Boss x1
Reckless One x2
Siege-Gang Commander x1

Last edited by IC3 L3G3ND; 07-03-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Reserved for more decks.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Reserved for more decks..
Old 06-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Reserved for DLC decks
Old 06-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
UndeadGamer

Synicle Jester's Gamercard
Use my mono black deck from the trimming deck post i've used it in 1v1 2HG and a 1v2 and have had good luck with it

“You show me a truly funny girl who doesn’t have emotional issues, and I’ll introduce you to my stable of unicorn thoroughbreds ridden by leprechaun jockeys.”

"Scrandys are scrandy; that’s what they do. You can’t actually try to understand them; you just have to go with it."
UndeadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
UndeadGamer

i also trimmed the mono white knight deck down pretty well if you want the list to try it out.

“You show me a truly funny girl who doesn’t have emotional issues, and I’ll introduce you to my stable of unicorn thoroughbreds ridden by leprechaun jockeys.”

"Scrandys are scrandy; that’s what they do. You can’t actually try to understand them; you just have to go with it."
Old 06-25-2012, 05:04 AM   #8
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

here's my ANCIENT WILDS setup.

1x Taunting Elf
3x Elvish Visionary
2x Ring of Kalonia
2x Thornweald Archer
1x Carven Caryatid
1x Eternal Witness
3x Wood Elves
4x Roaring Primadox
1x Vengevine
3x Acidic Slime
1x Overrun
2x Stingerfling Spider
2x Thragtusk
1x Lurking Predators
3x Wild Pair
1x Wurmweaver Coil
1x Elderscale Wurm
1x Gaea's Revenge
2x Pelakka Wurm

MSG me on Live!

Last edited by shinobigarth; 06-26-2012 at 12:42 AM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
So honestly here.

Did you guys play your way to unlock all the decks or did you use keys to unlock them?

pixels
Azrael008uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
UndeadGamer

The Black deck list which i provided i played to unlock all the cards testing and trimming as i unlocked i used my key to unlock the B/W deck which i'm currently trimming.

@Azrael

Now i dont mean to sound rude but either way does it matter how we unlocked the cards. We're trying to help those who are new to or not good at deck trimming. So how we unlocked the cards and are trimming and testing these decks should be null and void

Last edited by UndeadGamer; 06-25-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
xdrone561xraistlin

xdrone561x's Gamercard
I would not reccomend using points to unlock decks. I did that with 2012 only to lose all my unlocked decks at a later date and when i called microsoft about ot they would not replace the full amount of points only givimg me 400 or so. Much better just to play through and unlock them yourself
xdrone561xraistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadGamer View Post
The Black deck list which i provided i played to unlock all the cards testing and trimming as i unlocked i used my key to unlock the B/W deck which i'm currently trimming.

@Azrael

Now i dont mean to sound rude but either way does it matter how we unlocked the cards. We're trying to help those who are new to or not good at deck trimming. So how we unlocked the cards and are trimming and testing these decks should be null and void
Just so you know where I'm coming from it's certainly not to attempt to belittle anyone who spent money on a key.

Rather I want to know how realistic it is to unlock all the cards the standard way.

I've heard on the XBox.com forums someone saying it would take ages to unlock everything and that "keys" are the only viable alternative to investing hundreds of hours of play.

I am very grateful for the information you guys are posting here as I am a Magic novice.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Az

pixels
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
UndeadGamer

No harm AZ. Didnt mean to sound rude but one can only word something so well ya know lol. Ya idk i unlocked the mono Black as well as all of Jace's mill deck normally the other maybe 4 or 5 decks that i have unlocked yes i did use keys. Realistically once you find 2 or 3 decks you enjoy i'd say stick with those and you can unlock them normally. If you have any questions AZ feel free to ask man. Sorry if it sounded like i was coming off rude.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #14
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
No worries and thanks again.

Az

pixels
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #15
Aeternox

Aeternox's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael008uk View Post
Just so you know where I'm coming from it's certainly not to attempt to belittle anyone who spent money on a key.

Rather I want to know how realistic it is to unlock all the cards the standard way.

I've heard on the XBox.com forums someone saying it would take ages to unlock everything and that "keys" are the only viable alternative to investing hundreds of hours of play.

I am very grateful for the information you guys are posting here as I am a Magic novice.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Az
I just want to say I unlocked all of Jace's cards in about 2 hours of vsing one of the encounters lol.. it was slow but sometimes the matches were only a minute or so depending on the draw you get I would gauge that at how fast you could accomplish getting cards unlocked. I still haven't even used my key yet I wanted to foil a deck but I don't know which one I want to do it to, I like so many of the decks!
Aeternox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #16
Azrael008uk

Azrael008uk's Gamercard
It's good to know you can continue to unlock cards on the encounters.

I might have to give that a go for some of mine.

Cheers again.

Az

pixels
Old 06-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #17
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Aeternox are you really thinking about spending a key to foil a deck? that seems silly when you can just unlock one instead and theres a deck you dont have to spend time unlocking.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #18
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'll probably use the free key I got to unlock the rest of the elf deck. Green is good against fuck all, and that hasn't changed since the first game.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
Aeternox are you really thinking about spending a key to foil a deck? that seems silly when you can just unlock one instead and theres a deck you dont have to spend time unlocking.
Some people enjoy unlocking decks you know... unless it's a deck you hate, but then why would you bother unlocking a deck you don't want to play?
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
IC3 L3G3ND

DoTP Tamiyo's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCX360 View Post
I'll probably use the free key I got to unlock the rest of the elf deck. Green is good against fuck all, and that hasn't changed since the first game.
I disagree, i have been running Ancient Wilds and Apex Predators a lot this last couple of days and im flying up the boards, Barely lost a match.

I even smoked goblins and peace keepers with Garruks deck, green is fast becoming my favorite, the mana curve is much better in this game than ever before and with chump blockers like brindle bear and infinite bouncing and mana destruction with AW it's just too fun to miss out
Old 06-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND View Post
I disagree, i have been running Ancient Wilds and Apex Predators a lot this last couple of days and im flying up the boards, Barely lost a match.

I even smoked goblins and peace keepers with Garruks deck, green is fast becoming my favorite, the mana curve is much better in this game than ever before and with chump blockers like brindle bear and infinite bouncing and mana destruction with AW it's just too fun to miss out
Anymore of your decks you want to post?
toxincram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
UndeadGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxincram View Post
Anymore of your decks you want to post?
Toxin is there any specific one you want trimmed down exactly? I've been creeping the forums as much as possible haven't gotten around to trimming lately been busy. Not sure where Legend has been so just drop me a line on here or live and i'll get to it asap man

Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Quote:
Toxin is there any specific one you want trimmed down exactly? I've been creeping the forums as much as possible haven't gotten around to trimming lately been busy. Not sure where Legend has been so just drop me a line on here or live and i'll get to it asap man

Im in no hurry at moment still got lots of cards to unlock. Just wanted to see some more on here :-)
Old 07-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #24
UndeadGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxincram View Post
Im in no hurry at moment still got lots of cards to unlock. Just wanted to see some more on here :-)
No worries man. I've trimmed a few decks just didn't post them on here. If i remember correctly i trimmed Jace's Mill deck, White Knight deck, and Ajani's lifegain deck. There may be more i'm leaving out. Only problem with the Mill and Lifegain deck is i couldnt really see a valid way to get them below 70 cards.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
UndeadGamer

Currently working on PeaceKeepers,Dream Puppets, Pack Instinct will be posted sometime today or tomorrow for those who look here for more trimmed deck posts

Old 07-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #26
toxincram

toxincram's Gamercard
Quote:
Currently working on PeaceKeepers,Dream Puppets, Pack Instinct will be posted sometime today or tomorrow for those who look here for more trimmed deck posts
Got a Pack Instinct build yet. I cant seem to get a good one down to 60ish cards.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #27
UndeadGamer

Sorry i didnt get to posting trimmed decks last weekend. I just downloaded the promo card so i'll retrim all the decks this weekend and have them all posted in a new Post so it's easier for everyone come Sun night CST

Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #28
KyleSellers

Geekonomist's Gamercard
So far there seem to be the following decks trimmed down:
Crosswinds
Obedient Dead
Dream Puppets
Goblin Gangland
Ancient Wilds

Which leaves:
Pack Instinct
Peacekeepers
ExaltedDarkness
Celestial Light
Born of Flame

I'm pretty new to MTG, so these decks have really helped me to understand how decks need to have a purpose, and tweak the decks a bit, even if they are above 60 cards. Does anyone have suggestions for the missing decks? I'd love to play around with some of the remaining decks, but I'm realizing that without actually playing the decks "correctly," it's hard for me to understand the purpose of a deck. For instance, I never realized that "milling" was a strategy until playing the trimmed Dream Puppets deck.

Thanks for any help you have! I'm having a blast diving into this game. In past MTG games, I'd just try to load every deck up with the most powerful creatures possible.
KyleSellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #29
KyleSellers

Geekonomist's Gamercard
Quote:
No worries man. I've trimmed a few decks just didn't post them on here. If i remember correctly i trimmed Jace's Mill deck, White Knight deck, and Ajani's lifegain deck. There may be more i'm leaving out. Only problem with the Mill and Lifegain deck is i couldnt really see a valid way to get them below 70 cards.
I'd love to see your Lifegain deck, even if it's over 60 cards. Seems like it'd be useful for Planechase.
KyleSellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #30
dthurk

thurkinoff's Gamercard
Will there be edits to include the ten new promo cards for each deck. I am able to trim the decks to fit my playing style but I like to see what others do.
dthurk is offline   Reply With Quote