PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Shonk

Shonk's Gamercard
Avoid this game

I picked this up earlier and its clearly the wii game
with kinect badly overlayed on the top
the menu system is such a joke

Its getting sealed back up and going back to the shop in the mourning
Shonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
Blaq Dynamite

Blacq Dynamite's Gamercard
Well I actually like this game because it does what it sets out to do... which is to get me off my ass and sweat... a lot! Granted that the menus are hard at first and the kinect doesn't always sense me when I'm on the ground (I don't have the biggest area for play but it works) but for me anyway it works and it works well.
Blaq Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Painkiller Q8

Painkiller Q8's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaq Dynamite View Post
Well I actually like this game because it does what it sets out to do... which is to get me off my ass and sweat... a lot! Granted that the menus are hard at first and the kinect doesn't always sense me when I'm on the ground (I don't have the biggest area for play but it works) but for me anyway it works and it works well.
+1, I like it too, its a real GYM in the house !

Best games ever made in the whole gaming history!
RED DEAD REDEMPTION
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV
Painkiller Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Shonk

Shonk's Gamercard
Dont you find the menu system frustrating
i was pulling my hair out with it

I picked up the wii version thats fine
as its setup for a wii!!
Shonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonk View Post

as its setup for a wii!!
Yea exactly it is like a DIRECT PORT
Old 12-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #6
PRxBeasT

well me and my wife were wondering the same thing they put alot of effort into advertising it but it just doesnt convince me unlike dance central where your movements are tracked properly and in zumba you cant even see your silouette like in other games which really help you keep track of yourself im discussing it with my wife as i write this wether or not to bring it back

Last edited by PRxBeasT; 12-28-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: excuse me i commented on this thinking it was about zumba damn multiple windows lol sry guys
PRxBeasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
dayday

rocky1bomb's Gamercard
this game does what its set out to do
dayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
RY1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonk View Post

as its setup for a wii!!
how dare you even mention the piece of white trash known as wii on a xbox site.no wii game is in the same league as any xbox 360 game.the menu on this game is fine,but who even cares about a menu,i know i didnt spend Ģ40 on a game to fuss over a menu,you see it for 5 seconds then bang its gone, get over yourself and just accept your oldand balding and thats why you haven o hair ,dont blame xbox 360 games pretending youpulled your own hair out,your old and bald
RY1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
JeJans

Je Jans's Gamercard
The menu are frustrating, yes. But you canīt decide if a game is bad or good based on itīs menuīs. Sadly the game isn't good either. Maybe the reason i feel like the game dosent track me good at all is because i compare it with your shape (worked really well)

I bought this when i finished the your shape because i needed more motivation in form of achievements. But it was a bad choice. Next up is is either Mel B or Ea active. I havenīt played EAīs game but the Mel B game is good on the ps3, i just thinkīs it is a pain in the ass to have the move controller in the hand all the time, something that kinect will fix
JeJans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #10
JellyFox

JellyFox's Gamercard
yeah the menu does suck but its a pretty decent game. does what its supposed to, albeit very slowly with all the menus and loading. if you could use your control to slect stuff it would be fine
JellyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
cloud72

cloud72's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY1987 View Post
no wii game is in the same league as any xbox 360 game.
well, zelda.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
Ivanich E Ringpiece

LTCI STINGER 01's Gamercard
This game is way better than the wii..
With the wii, all you have to do is sit on the sofa and wave your wand around... How crap...

I'm not affraid of dying
It's the way I die
That really frightens me

Ivanich E Ringpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Dps120390

dps120390's Gamercard
The menu is annoying as hell, but i actuall like this game, first you actually have to move, therefore you are actually training, second you are the controller, yeah its annoying when it doesn't see me but you still push for it, with the wii you just sit there, and if you like going for achievments if you try for them you will see results, already 4 weeks in and i see a difference
Dps120390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #14
neb86

neb86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game was not made very well but I love it anyway! It has kicked my butt and got me in great shape. I believe that the goal of the game is to get people in shape, sure the programmers could have spent more time on it but it does it's job.

Anyone who has problems with the game picking you up, adjust your lighting. In my old house my lighting sucked. It was low watt bulbs that usually got diffused through lamp shades. In my new place I have experimented and found that close direct light works the best. I have a triple lamp(has three lights on it that can be turned in different directions). Ten feet away and it works decent but put it five feet away and I'm almost always green. My advice is to just experiment with your lighting. This is a "fun" game once you get into it.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
heartswarm

heartswarm's Gamercard
I put the game back in my 360 today after getting it at the end of last year and trying it once (menus impossible to navigate - cursor clearly intended for the wii and I found myself working up more of a sweat waving my arms around like a deranged air-traffic control warden trying to get to a workout routine than from the routine itself). Decided to give it another try today and it seems that the menu cursor problems were fixed in a patch. I played for just over an hour and in that time, I didn't lose the cursor once.

It did freak out and stop sensing me when I had to lie down in 'plank position' though. I have a decent sized space in my living room and my kinect is mounted on a stand on top of the tv, but it still lost me. Not very happy with that at all - immediately turned off the routine and tried something that wouldn't have me lying on the floor. It can take so long for you to find a position on the floor in which the game recognizes that you're there, it just shuffles on to the next exercise, then on the summary screen will say you were crap at that particular exercise when in reality the sensor just couldn't find you. Grr.
heartswarm is offline   Reply With Quote