PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Shooter > Contract Killer
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Exclamation Connecting.......

Get used to seeing this phrase. Glu has done it again. Connectivity issues are plagued in this. You have to connect to load the game, connect to check your friends list, check the Co-Op missions hub. It's not a quick screen.....it's about 1-2 minute loading screen......Get used to it, your going to love it whether you want to or not.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
I clicked a mission (I think) and it started connecting...... for 3min and I just restarted the phone. Very annoying

Noticed in Gun Bros that I know I will be connected to the internet if initial loading takes 1-2 minutes. They should just make it like that for Contract Killer.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
What exactly are they connecting to if the phone can be always connected via Data or WiFi? It's like they cut the connection then re-enable it to connect to their data.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
nekroballe

nerkverk's Gamercard
only tried the game for about 10 minutes... most loading times when it says "conecting" is like max 5 sec...
pressed friends, co-op, leaderboards, achievements... nothing more than 5 sec MAX... but again, I have friends on leaderboard, but I can't have friends on this game just like gun bro's -_-
Old 07-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekroballe View Post
only tried the game for about 10 minutes... most loading times when it says "conecting" is like max 5 sec...
pressed friends, co-op, leaderboards, achievements... nothing more than 5 sec MAX... but again, I have friends on leaderboard, but I can't have friends on this game just like gun bro's -_-
Want to switch phones? My booting time is around 2-3 mins, which is an improvement over Gun Bros with the Retry loops can take 5-10 mins. Most of the in-game loading takes 2-3 mins each time I press the button.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
IEvil IMonkey

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
What phone you on?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
That explains why your load times are fast. You're not connected to the games server.

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
Ariose

ariose999's Gamercard
That might be partly true. I have the same problem with the friends but I'm certainly connected to the servers. I can access the leaderboards and view the daily challenges ect. Despite of that my loading times on Gun Bros and Contract Killer are really fast. Like 10 seconds max.
Ariose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
nekroballe

nerkverk's Gamercard
jupp but I'm guessing we can only choose 1 super power...
we choosed quickness
the other guys choosed friends....

forever alone )=
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
Thommo

HeisenbergThom's Gamercard
Not really that relevent to the connecting issue, but it's a problem in itself. Whenever I boot the game up, the just exits back to the games menu; anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?
Thommo is offline   Reply With Quote