Old 07-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #91
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoctisXZ View Post
This thread really needs to just be locked/deleted or moved to another section because honestly it has absolutely NOTHING to do with gaming besides the fact that a console was involved.

I don't come to this site to discuss child rearing tips or how children should be raised or how they should act. I come here to discuss gaming news and what not and this most certainly doesn't fit into that.
It could be moved to off-topic. Would that not bother you then? You could just not read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF 133 View Post
Smart, I bet he's one of those kids thats life would end if his cod leader board rank dropped, thats why he be so frantic trying to get it back
Have you been reading these posts? How does he in anyway come across like that? The media always twist things for a better story. Hope everything works out for you.

Last edited by DJConnelly; 07-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.
DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #92
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJConnelly View Post
Have you been reading these posts? How does he in anyway come across like that? The media always twist things for a better story. Hope everything works out for you.
I just love people's ability to read stuff, don't you? "3 page thread? No worries, skip to the end, my point will definitely still be vaild..."

Cheers to G a c k t for the stolen sig

Check out my eBay stuff
Grammar - The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
Dav13s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #93
xIAmAZombiex

RAINBOW FOETUS's Gamercard
Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read what I wrote, even if you still disagree with what I've done. I don't mind if you still think I'm in the wrong, at least you got my side of the story and were able to make an informed opinion instead of just jumping to conclusions. I just got the xbox back a few hours ago. I don't even fucking know why, but it's back, I'm not complaining.
xIAmAZombiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #94
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIAmAZombiex View Post
Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read what I wrote, even if you still disagree with what I've done. I don't mind if you still think I'm in the wrong, at least you got my side of the story and were able to make an informed opinion instead of just jumping to conclusions. I just got the xbox back a few hours ago. I don't even fucking know why, but it's back, I'm not complaining.
Enjoy it. Next time your Dad comes round, punch him in the dick.

Check out my eBay stuff
Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #95
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav13s View Post
Enjoy it. Next time your Dad comes round, punch him in the dick.
Exactly. It's what he deserves.

I made this thread to support you.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #96
xIAmAZombiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post
Exactly. It's what he deserves.

I made this thread to support you.
Thanks haha. People still seem to think I'm in the wrong there. When people hear about a kid lashing out against his parents they just assume the kid is completely at fault, although I would say this is true most of the time. It's kinda crappy, but people need to realise parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #97
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Thanks haha. People still seem to think I'm in the wrong there. When people hear about a kid lashing out against his parents they just assume the kid is completely at fault, although I would say this is true most of the time. It's kinda crappy, but people need to realise parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.
Hey, i'm glad everything worked out for you, tbh from the way you described the situation i didn't expect it to, but maybe there is a shred of decency in your father after all
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #98
Ethiebeefy

Ethiebeefy's Gamercard
Quote:
I just love people's ability to read stuff, don't you? "3 page thread? No worries, skip to the end, my point will definitely still be vaild..."
Charrrrrrrrrrrrc
Old 07-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #99
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Quote:
parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.
Mine are.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #100
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs360 View Post

You mean eating donuts during robbers? Because that's what they were doing while my new bike has been stolen near my school. And this is just one of the many examples.

They are not cops from fuckin Minority Report...they can't stop crimes that haven't happened yet. Were they supposed to be standing guard on your bike 24/7 instead of eating? And no offense but...it's just a bike, not exactly a high priority. Cops gotta eat too.

Last edited by Gackt; 07-17-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #101
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
No, I didn't call the cops because of his parenting decisions. If It was because of that I would of called them the instant he took my xbox. I tried to get the police involved because the situation escalated into what is essentially extortion. As for the disrespectful part, I think it's kind of disrespectful to abandon your family and try and squeeze as much money out of them as possible.

As I have said before, I only called the police as a last resort. I sure as fuck didn't want it to come to this, but my mum and I both felt it necessary given the situation.
Like I said I am sorry for your personal problems. Still that is no reason for the police to get involved over a toy that your dad took away. Having the police come to your house has nothing to do with your personal issues. What you did was wrong. and no matter what your dad did, you had no right to call the police on his decisions as a parent.

your mom agreed with you calling the cops on your dad. Wow.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #102
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
Like I said I am sorry for your personal problems. Still that is no reason for the police to get involved over a toy that your dad took away. Having the police come to your house has nothing to do with your personal issues. What you did was wrong. and no matter what your dad did, you had no right to call the police on his decisions as a parent.

your mom agreed with you calling the cops on your dad. Wow.
Good job on reading the first line of the post you quoted...The cops weren't called because of a parenting decision.

Check out my eBay stuff
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #103
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Good job on reading the first line of the post you quoted...The cops weren't called because of a parenting decision.

I believe the thread is called Father takes away kid's xbox, kid calls cop.
That is a parenting decision if the dad decides to take the xbox that is a decision that the parent made resulting in the kid calling the cops

If I am misunderstand something.. I guess tell me.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #104
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
I believe the thread is called Father takes away kid's xbox, kid calls cop.
That is a parenting decision if the dad decides to take the xbox that is a decision that the parent made resulting in the kid calling the cops

If I am misunderstand something.. I guess tell me.
I believe you may not have read the three pages of the thread after that then...

Check out my eBay stuff
Old 07-18-2012, 02:53 AM   #105
xIAmAZombiex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
They are not cops from fuckin Minority Report...they can't stop crimes that haven't happened yet. Were they supposed to be standing guard on your bike 24/7 instead of eating? And no offense but...it's just a bike, not exactly a high priority. Cops gotta eat too.
You can't say a bike theft isn't a high priority. A decent bike is at least a few hundred dollars (NZD) and if he's anything like me, he might rely on that bike for transport.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #106
THE DEADLY DOG
Graphics Team

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
What is this world coming to... *Sigh*
Old 07-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #107
wright3034

VELOSCILLATOR's Gamercard
the dad probably bought the xbox, its his property, and his to do with what he pleases, I would fucking kick my son out if he pulled that shit, get out of my fucking house you pathetic fucking nerd. DISOWNED BITCH!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #108
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright3034 View Post
the dad probably bought the xbox, its his property, and his to do with what he pleases, I would fucking kick my son out if he pulled that shit, get out of my fucking house you pathetic fucking nerd. DISOWNED BITCH!

Charming. So apparently, the ability to read is on the decline. That's just great. His posts are not that of a "pathetic fucking nerd".

Last edited by DJConnelly; 07-18-2012 at 10:47 AM.
DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #109
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
What the hell is wrong with you? Are you mentally handicapped? Read the thread next time you dumb fuck.

OT: If you bought the Xbox then there's no reason for your dad to actually take it. I could understand if it was just for a few hours so you could work on your homework and whatnot, but since he actually STOLE it, then i would say that's a bunch of bullshit. I would be pissed off as well. At least you got it back though.

Last edited by EliteShadowMan; 07-18-2012 at 10:48 AM.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #110
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Quote:
Quoting my own post ftw...

I'd teach my son to read, then when he didn't read threads, I'd kick the shit out of him and chuck him out of the house. DISOWNED BITCH!

Check out my eBay stuff
Old 07-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #111
CODMW2DUDE

CODMW2DUDE's Gamercard
So you would fucking disown your son because he didn't read a post? That's fucking stupid.

Just a glimpse at what to much power can cause.
CODMW2DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #112
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
Quoting my own post ftw...

I'd teach my son to read, then when he didn't read threads, I'd kick the shit out of him and chuck him out of the house. DISOWNED BITCH!
Promoting domestic violence in order to acquire humor?

Reported.

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #113
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMW2DUDE View Post
So you would fucking disown your son because he didn't read a post? That's fucking stupid.
He's using satire to show disapproval of people that are unable to read the entire thread.

"And what I was doing there, as everyone here in this room now understands, just in case there's anyone from the Mail on Sunday watching this, is I was using an exaggerated form of the rhetoric and the implied values of Top Gear to satirise the rhetoric and implied values of Top Gear. And it is a shame to have to break character and explain that, but hopefully it will save you a long tedious exchange of E-mails."
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #114
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODMW2DUDE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post
Promoting domestic violence in order to acquire humor?

Reported.
My. Fucking. God. You're retarded. Read the post I quoted. Then notice that he clearly hasn't read the thread AT ALL and I'm taking the piss out of him using a post similar to his to emphasize his stupidity. If you want to report anyone, report the guy I quoted, he was being serious about throwing his kid out of the house. Am I to assume you're both American, as Americans never seem to be able to understand sarcasm/satire?

@Ayx - Congratulations on using big boy words for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
He's using satire to show disapproval of people that are unable to read the entire thread.
Thank fuck not everyone is stupid lol. Stewart Lee rules.

Check out my eBay stuff
Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #115
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
My. Fucking. God. You're retarded. Read the post I quoted. Then notice that he clearly hasn't read the thread AT ALL and I'm taking the piss out of him using a post similar to his to emphasize his stupidity. If you want to report anyone, report the guy I quoted, he was being serious about throwing his kid out of the house. Am I to assume you're both American, as Americans never seem to be able to understand sarcasm/satire?

@Ayx - Congratulations on using big boy words for once.

Thank fuck not everyone is stupid lol. Stewart Lee rules.
I'd say just ignore Ayx. Biggest retard we've had on the forums in a while.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #116
Dav13s

Davi3s Lar's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
I've noticed. MORON6 material?

Check out my eBay stuff
Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #117
djrapperz

samantha8488's Gamercard
haha lol

Think i probably would of done the same at that age lol
djrapperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #118
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
I've noticed. MORON6 material?
Pffft. Moron6 is being too polite. At least the other 5 MORON'S had the decency to spell like a normal person.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #119
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Better yet everyone stop quoting him so I don't have to read his posts and have my IQ drop a few points.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #120
EliteShadowMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
Better yet everyone stop quoting him so I don't have to read his posts and have my IQ drop a few points.
Maybe if your IQ drops a bit, then you might find some humor in the way he types.