Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Blackwater
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
falldown3

falldown3's Gamercard
Post Your Review

If anyone has played this game please post a review of what you think of it. It sounds very cool if you ask me, and the achievements look very fun

All Call of Duty's Complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
falldown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
Motleydude

the game is actually pretty fun for what it is , which is a rail shooter. The banter between the guys you play is pretty lame but the game play is actually not bad. It is kind of hard on some levels, but once you replay a coupkle of times you know where the bad guys come from and what to do. I'm glad to see them do a FPS for the Kinect. It will be interesting to see what comes next. I give the game a solid 7 out of 10.
Motleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Gizm0 The Great

Gizm0 The great's Gamercard
I have to give it a 7/10 too. After so many bad reviews I was pleasantly surprised. The gameplay itself is rather fun. Even with a controller.
To start playing with a controller was AWFUL but as soon as I inverted the axis it became great. (I must point out its only the right stick that changed. So it only affects moving in and out of cover.. Not aiming.. So now my guy moves the same way as the stick and my aiming.)

I'm playing a lot with my controller, due to having a physically demanding job. The time I have spent playing using kinect was great.. Movement and aiming works amazingly well... Although throwing grenades can be a bit of an issue.

one very minor issue is the time it takes to shoot while using kinect. With a controller you pull RT at anytime to shoot. But with kinect you have to hover your crosshairs over an enemy for about a second before it shoots. Its not a huge problem, and really doesn't affect the game that much. The addition of an actual light gun like the classic ones from time crisis, could have easily boosted my rating from 7 to 8 or maybe even 9...

While this game isn't as well made and smooth as other titles.. I have to admit I've had more fun playing this than I have a lot of the big titles of the last few months. I certainly won't say this game is better than Modern Warfare 3 or Gears 3.. I have definitely had more fun playing Blackwater.

It won't be everyones cup of tea, but I'd recommend giving it a go if you get chance.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I really enjoy playing it with the Kinect. I hear people complaining it's too hard. Use cover and make your shots count. Reload. I have had 0 problems as far as the Kinect reading me. I watched Killer Elite and then ended up playing this game for hours.

Oh and i played music over the game because the gameplay is solid but the voicing/cutscenes were pretty bad. Playing your own soundtrack adds to the game. 7.5/10

159 completed games [Includes all DLC]
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
IGN Rating - 2.5 "Painful"

Haven't played Blackwater but found a IGN review.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
king yatesy

King Yatesy's Gamercard
Talking This game is actually really fun

I read some reviews for this game and dispite them decided to buy it anyway and im actually glad i did. the game is very fast paced and has you hiding behind imaginary boxes in your room. If people actually took the time to calibrate their kinect properly and played in the right conditions then this game works well apart from the reloading which is hard to get used to but once you do its great. The reviewers always compare shooters likee this to the likes of cod and battlefield which is the wrong thing to do. Also the reviewers are usually the people that cant complete a mission. This game is cheap now so if anyone was thinking of getting this then do it. It takes me back to the days of house of the dead in the arcade.
king yatesy is offline   Reply With Quote