PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Afro Samurai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #61
Drewbayeor

Drewbayeor's Gamercard
An FYI for the large Samurai with the flags on their backs. If you do the combo XXX YYY XXXXXXXXX (I don't know how may Xs but I just kept hitting the button) he will poke them with his sheath and then he will do an unblockable finisher where he will cut off their legs, arms and head. I beat them first time I made it too them using this move on all of them!
Drewbayeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #62
x_mania

XmaniaX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel AJay View Post
This is what I did. I couldnt keep button mashing it was messing up my fingers. So I did the opposite. Nothing but defense. For the first 4 waves(female/male ninjas) I just held down block(RT) and never let go. The same with focus(LT). Once it was charged it would automatically activate. At this point your blocking and in focus and will stay like this for quite a long time. While this is happening just keep pushing x till it goes thru as a slice then make it count and attack only the ninja in front of you then go back to blocking(RT). You block untill your medallion is charged. Again activate focus(LT) and keep tapping x till Afro attacks the ninja in front of him, again imediatly go back to blocking. I got thru the first four waves this way getting hit only one time and still had my bear and ninja poker to use.
The second part where the orange ninjas come out I didnt really have a strategy. I just did my best to kill them as fast as I could. This is also where I will activate ninja ninja. This is the hardest part of this game for me.
On the 4 waves of swordsman I did the same trick I used on the ninjas. Only drawback is that it takes a little time to kill the swordsman this way. The first wave of big guys happen to catch me slippen and got me down to where I had only one hit left(another tip: when u have one hit left block untill you get out of the red, you will only get enough health back so that u do not hear the funny audio but its something). I made it thru the last 3 waves of big guys on one hit doing this method. Like I said tho it takes a little time to do it this way. I think it took me maybe an hour. But I would stop for a second if my hand started to hurt. I know it might not work for everyone but it is an option that I wanted to share. I flew right thru this game on normal then hard till this part and just wanted to say my strategy. It was almost sure fire for me tho.
Thnx a million!!!!
Your strategy made me breeze through the Empty Seven's Story! Before i've tried numerous times. Made me smash my controller and aggrevated me to the max! Those days are over, thanx to you!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #63
Urmumsvag69

polished turd69's Gamercard
just thought i would help people out the way i got past the big dudes i just went to corner and kept running in circles one of the moves they will charge and they will fly off the edge just done the end with 1 hit near death and defeated all 4 waves with this method Good Luck
Urmumsvag69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:12 AM   #64
Doh Nut

MmmDohNut's Gamercard
[QUOTE=... now the big guys...dont waste time with combos or trying to let them fall from the edges...its very risk. u can be hitted and u can be the one to fall! here PARRY is the key. parry, then pounce (hold A), then X. u dont cut head, but u cut bellie, so its the same at all..ONE SHOT ONE KILL! i got first wave of big guys with low energy and overfocus. of course i used it and i thought it will be impossible to survive for 3 more but using parry-pounce, took me less than a minute to get the checkpoint. hope it helps[/QUOTE]

This worked really well for me. The key thing is to achieve a parry, which took a little practice, then pounce and cut that big oaf! Thanks for the tip!
Doh Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:47 AM   #65
Echi Echiba

Echi Echiba's Gamercard
OMG! I hadn't played this game for like a year because of this nasty ass level!
But thanks to the holding down the block button, and slicing people up after they attack you worked so well, I didn't believe my eyes when I was done :O

To sum it up, I hadn't played this game for like a year, but thanks to this, I beat the game in under 2 hours! Number 6 was a b**** as always! And Justice was hard too...NOT untill I came back here and saw you just have to dance around him and go in for the kill every now and then!

Forever gratefull
Echi Echiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #66
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The block/focus method works for me
Now i just need to get rid of the big swordsman. I know that you can kill them with one hit using the parry method, but i cant get the right timing...

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #67
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Oh well, i shouldnt have push LS while holding A to pounce.....
Finished the game today, Justice was easy

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #68
reebokbl

RBK Banjaluka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonI81 View Post
Here's my post from the The I am Stuck Thread:

Got it, finally. Here's what I did:
For all the ninja waves I would just parry each attack then do a charged focus X attack on each one.
Kunoichi I parried each attack then did the A, X move to throw them into the air and cut off their legs.
The big guys... These guys are hard since there's 2 at a time and they stick together. I ran in on the one that made it down the stairs first and just XXX, YYY him over to the edge and knocked him off. Then just attacked the other one till he died. Repeat for each wave. Be careful when pushing them off the edge though that you don't fall off too. This happened to me on the last wave of big guys 3 times.

GOOD TIP - Try to make the big guys "cover" each other
Just try to make them stand in some kind of a row, that way you don't have to parry 2 attacks or keep worrying about attacks from behind
reebokbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #69
Fried Cola

if you're good at parrying, you can kill the big guys instantly with a parry, pounce, and x or y. that's how I got through them.

for the ninjas, I'd counter to get a tiny bit of focus and focus into . They usually dodge the sweep, but never the vertical slice. Kunoichi I usually take down with counter pounce & x or y or same focus sweep vert technique.

no random friend requests accepted.

Last edited by Fried Cola; 11-23-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #70
Gold Rush NL

How do you guys pounce? I know it is RT and hold A, but 9,7/10 times it doesn't work for me. When do you have to press A? I just can't defeat the waves of large men.

I just want to finish all my games 100%
Gold Rush NL is offline   Reply With Quote