PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Nicktoons MLB
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
TXClark

txrickc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Twice as Nice (Double Play) Any Tips??

Any tips on what pitch tip and where to aim for to get a grounder or popup?

Only Achevo that's giving me grief. Searched throughout and not really anything descriptive.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
RedemtionOWNAGE

RedemtionOWNAGE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXClark View Post
Any tips on what pitch tip and where to aim for to get a grounder or popup?

Only Achevo that's giving me grief. Searched throughout and not really anything descriptive.
If using a controller, what I did have at least 2 turbos. Walk the 1st guy or just get 2 balls strike then two balls again to reduce their cance of getting more turbo. After that the next batters up, then what I did it might take a coulple of try's but activate your turbo pitch and hold the bar until its a lil over the white bar the turn the turbo pitch green if you did it right the batter will hit the turbo pitch. It will be a popup or a ground ball if it's a pop up catch that son of and toss it to 1st base double play. If its a ground ball immediately throw that ball to second base and as fast as you can throw it to 1st base. Achievement unlocked. I hope this helps
RedemtionOWNAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
BitterMelonFarm

BitterMelonFarm's Gamercard
I've tried and tried to do this. I even walk three batters to increase my chances of getting a double play. But I've been unable to do it. A double play is the only thing I have left to do in the game. It will unlock my last 50, the 25 for the play itself and the 25 for collecting all cards. This is frustrating, but I'll keep trying until I get it because I will not be bested by a children's cartoon game, goddammit! I just want my completion.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the sig!
Latest Completion: Toy Story Mania!
Looking to Boost: BioShock 2, Condemned 2, Prey, Worms
PSN - kingslayer52 (Vita and PS3, PS Plus)
BitterMelonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I must've gotten lucky then. I was going for the Perfect Game achievement and wound up giving up a hit in the 8th inning (ugh). The very next batter hits a ground ball to the shortstop, flip it to 2nd and than throw to first -- double play. I think it's all about luck. If runners are on base, maybe try to throw a sinker or something low in the strikezone to help increase the odds of a ground ball?
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
intrauma

intrauma's Gamercard
Here's what I did...keep at least 2 turbos, and allow the batter to occupy the first base. Turbo pitch your next ball, but fill your meter only halfway. This should lead to an easy catch or field, use another turbo to tag out the bases. This is by no means a guarentee to be a success all the time, but I found this way much easier to get a double play.

100,000 Gamerscore reached 27/04/2011

intrauma is offline   Reply With Quote