PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
YodaSan2

YodaSan2's Gamercard
Gamertag Buzzkill

I think we can all agree that achievements usually give you a challenge and a sense of pride and accomplishment, but some achievements ask for the mundane and near impossible. Those achievements that have us running around for hours having us look like a fool trying to either fetch something or do a specific god-like task in a certain time limit or without dying. This is tedious and a complete waste of time. With these achievements, it seems developers are trying to have us suckered in to spend more time with their titles this way. For me the flags and the Templars were asking too much. Don't get me started on conversationalist. Do you agree and what was the most difficult achievement for you to claim in Assassin's Creed? In other games?
YodaSan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
EdgeBlazer

In Assassin's Creed it was Eagle's Flight. That one was a little ridiculous. The most difficult I've had ever is a tie between Foxiest of the Hounds in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Hardest Soul Trophy in Demon's Souls for the PS3. Wouldn;t wish to have to do either of those ones again.
EdgeBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
Achievements are likened unto a Double Edged Sword. While they do extend the life of a title significantly and can add a little bit of extra challenge and even fun to said title, they do have a dark side. Some tasks, as you said are downright obnoxious in terms of tedium and difficulty. For me personally, I've not gotten the Impress Vidic and River Styx Achievements in Revelations and I'm STILL missing the conversationalist from the first game.

Long Story shot, Achievements can be fun to collect but also a HUGE drain on your patience.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaSan2 View Post
I think we can all agree that achievements usually give you a challenge and a sense of pride and accomplishment, but some achievements ask for the mundane and near impossible. Those achievements that have us running around for hours having us look like a fool trying to either fetch something or do a specific god-like task in a certain time limit or without dying. This is tedious and a complete waste of time. With these achievements, it seems developers are trying to have us suckered in to spend more time with their titles this way. For me the flags and the Templars were asking too much. Don't get me started on conversationalist. Do you agree and what was the most difficult achievement for you to claim in Assassin's Creed? In other games?
Nope. Don't include me in your assumption. I loved every minute of thi sgame. When it came out there was nothing like it. It took me 5 play throughs, but Im proud to complete this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
JediJake

Makumazon's Gamercard
I just started playing the game, and as far as I am concerned, I will play it for the story, and only if I end up really really liking it will I go for all the flags and such.

That's what it comes down for me. If its really good, Ill keep playing to find all the extras while enjoying the game itself again.

A huge Thank You to XxLil Raver xX for the awesome sig and Rajeanero for the awesome Avatar!
JediJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
cocowawa

the flags and conversationalist were a pain but it was okay. not like some rpgs open all the treasure chests kinda deal. the hell with lost odyssey.
cocowawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
dybecki

dybecki's Gamercard
it's going to be hard and annoying, but it's "a part of the game" you play, you want to be happy
dybecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #8
Nu Shuz

Nu Shuz's Gamercard
This isn't really a game I care to complete. Games like this I try to get around 700
Nu Shuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
they are what they are. get all easy g in an easy game, and people won't care. If you get 1000g in a game like this, they will know how much you worked at it and appreciate it. every game can't be a cakewalk
l Zleek l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Assassin's Creed= 1000g.

flag collecting was boring though
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
darth nerdius

D4RTH N3RDIUS's Gamercard
Im all for challenging achievements but tedius is a different story. Thats what assassins creed titles seem to me. I loathe collectable achievements and avoid them at all cost unless i REALLY love a game. Or its really worth it. But most collectables arent find 120 x for 20 g no thank you
2000th achievement unlocked 11:16 am 7/29/13
Big ups to rajeanero for the sig.
darth nerdius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #12
Fragarach Luin

Fragarach Luin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Personally, I thought that the environment and freedom of movement were, especially for the time in which this game came out, among the best parts of the game, and the collectibles served to show off those aspects. I didn't mind them.
You know what game had tedious, pointless achievements? And I'm talking about a quality game, not some crap that everyone expected to be a pain to play.
Mafia 2. Go drive a thousand miles in that game, and then after a minimum of 10 hours without saving (and that's a hard minimum; if you get it in ten hours then you have the concentration of a Jedi and the luck of a Leprechaun), see if you still hate Assassin's Creed. At least Altair doesn't need gas every half hour, and can't lose a hundred flags' worth of progress if a single guard happens to attack him.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #13
Dante Kasai

Send a message via Skype™ to Dante Kasai

Dante Bloodborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bitches please.

If you guys think this game is hard, go for the 100% completion in DMC HD Collection. I have never known rage until after completing that game.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
Suedon70

SueDon70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Trying to find all the flags in each city has been a pain, but overall I've really enjoyed this game.

Suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
Oryhara

CO Oryhara's Gamercard
The flags did me in a real treat, although I tried getting them as I went round.
I would prefer to have achievements like that the treasure hoarder one done before I finish the main story I feel I don't always want to go back and do things afterwards. Same for all the side missions, I did all of them before I continued.

Send me a message if you can help with the following;
Gears of War 3
Streets of Rage 2
Black Ops 1 & 2

Currently Working on the Gears of War 3 Campaign
Oryhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #16
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Collecting the flags wasn't so bad. It's realizing you missed one and didn't keep track of which ones you collected as you went and having to go back to find one!
Edword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #17
Suedon70

SueDon70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Collecting the flags wasn't so bad. It's realizing you missed one and didn't keep track of which ones you collected as you went and having to go back to find one!
oh yeah that is the worst! I had to do that last night and retraced my steps using a map but thankfully I only had to look for the first 15 flags in that area before I found the one missing flag.

Suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #18
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suedon70 View Post
oh yeah that is the worst! I had to do that last night and retraced my steps using a map but thankfully I only had to look for the first 15 flags in that area before I found the one missing flag.
Yeah I've been putting that off for a while. I'm not even positive what area I missed one. I'm pretty sure it's in the Kingdom, but it's so discouraging.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #19
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Yeah I've been putting that off for a while. I'm not even positive what area I missed one. I'm pretty sure it's in the Kingdom, but it's so discouraging.
It might be easier to run through another playthrough. My advice would be to be careful where you step. If you collect a flag in an area that is not unlocked it wont count and will be lost forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
Edword

Sprinklez88's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
It might be easier to run through another playthrough. My advice would be to be careful where you step. If you collect a flag in an area that is not unlocked it wont count and will be lost forever.
Yeah I started up playing it again and it took about 15 minutes before I found the missing one Finally glad to have that achievement finished and now at 100%