PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Card and Board > Battleship
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
stlbleacherbum

stlbleacherbum's Gamercard
xbox live button grayed out

For some reason I can't play a mp game on Xbox live. My wife's phone works and we are on the same WiFi and all the phone settings are the same on both phones as far as I can tell. Any ideas?
stlbleacherbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
XBOX ISAAC82
Subscribing Member

XBOX ISAAC82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbleacherbum View Post
For some reason I can't play a mp game on Xbox live. My wife's phone works and we are on the same WiFi and all the phone settings are the same on both phones as far as I can tell. Any ideas?
The multiplayer is very glitchy on this game. To get it to work do the following...

Sometimes this work. Start Battleship up, select Multiplayer, now if it's greyed out back up. The Multiplayer should now show a number in green over the multiplayer depending on how many games requests have been sent to you. Select and continue.

If this does not work get your wife to send another game invite (ensuring she selected you from the Xbox contacts). Now start battleship up on your phone. Do not do anything else just press the Windows buttons so Battleship is still running in the background. Then go to the into Xbox Live tile and scroll across to game requests. You should see your wife's invite and this will bring you straight into the game.

Friend Requests will likely be ignored unless you MESSAGE
ME FIRST
as I a have full friends list already.

XBOX ISAAC82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
AestheticDebris

AestheticDebris's Gamercard
Does anyone know what magical wifi settings you're supposed to have to make it work? It's always been greyed out on my phone no matter what I try.
AestheticDebris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Bistric

bistric's Gamercard
What I used to do back when the game wanted to start at all, is to go to Single Player, play a bit and then a small icon would appear top right above the playing grid, looks like an explosion. Press that and it takes you to multiplayer. Can't verify whether it still works as I cannot access the game for over a month.

Bistric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
YBEAR

ybear's Gamercard
I had to uninstall and reinstall. Also if you play too many online games at once, it will freeze. Just be aware that if you have to uninstall, your win count will reset.
YBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote