PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Deadlight
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Vulx

Serial Killer IDs

The IDs you collect belong to those of historic Serial Killers... Here is a list of the IDs and their real life counterparts.

ID #1 - D. R. Berkowitz
David Berkowitz aka The Son of Sam... killed 6 people.

ID #2 - J. L. Dahmer
Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer... killed 17 people.

ID #3 - E. Theodore Gein
Edward Theodore Gein... killed at least 2 people.

ID #4 - Henry L. Lucas
Henry Lee Lucas... killed at least 11 people.

ID #5 - R.T. Chase
Richard Chase... killed 6 people.

ID #6 - A. C. Wuornos
Aileen Wuornos... killed 7 people.

ID #7 - A. H. DeSalvo
Albert DeSalvo... killed 13 people.

ID #8 - A. H. Fish
Albert Fish... killed at least 4 people.

ID #9 - Karla L. Homolka
Karla Homolka... involved in numerous rapes and murders.

ID #10 - O. Elwood Toole
Ottis Toole... killed at least 6 people.

ID #11 - Robert C. Bundy
Ted Bundy... killed at least 30 people.

ID #12 - K. A. Bianchi
Kenneth Bianchi... killed 12 people.

ID #13 - J. W. Gacy
John Wayne Gacy... killed at least 33 people.

ID #14 - Arthur L. Allen
Arthur Leigh Allen... suspect in the Zodiac murders, killed at least 5 people.

ID #15 - Robert W. Pickton
Robert Pickton... killed at least 6 people.

Nearly all of these killers have inspired movies and other media.

Last edited by Vulx; 08-02-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Vulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Yes I did. It didn't really hit me until I seen J.W. Gacy, John Wayne Gacy who buried 30 bodies in his crawl space. When people would complain of the smell, he said it was his septic tank that over flowed.

I wonder who else they have and how they tie into the story.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
lancehardy

LanceHardy's Gamercard
I noticed after the second ID. It said Arthur L. Allen, which I recognized as the prime suspect in the Zodiac killings. This would be kind of creepy to most people but I think its pretty cool haha...wish I remembered whose name was on the first ID though.
lancehardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
Vulx

For those curious I updated the post to include all the IDs and their real life counterparts.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #5
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
such an odd collectible to have in the game, they even included pictures if you look at the IDs through the memories section
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:15 AM   #6
GaussianMist

GaussianMist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Ha, Robert Pickton. He lived about an hour away from where I do. Kidnapped a bunch of junkies from Downtown Vancouver, and fed them to his pigs.

GaussianMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #7
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

If somebody becomes a serial killer in hopes of getting their name in the DLC, then the media will actually have a point when they blame a video game for violence.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #8
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugTheBear View Post
If somebody becomes a serial killer in hopes of getting their name in the DLC, then the media will actually have a point when they blame a video game for violence.
brilliant, i'll now make it my goal to kill 13 people carving a single symbol into each of them D-E-A-D-L-I-G-H-T-D-L-C-?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
Vulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
brilliant, i'll now make it my goal to kill 13 people carving a single symbol into each of them D-E-A-D-L-I-G-H-T-D-L-C-?
Well... we've already have the BTK Killer... the DLC Killer doesn't seem that farfetched.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #10
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Kind of neat but i dont understand their relevance to the game? Are the corpses that you find all the ids on supposed to be the cereal killers themselves? It sure was nice of all those cereal killers to drop dead in a neat linear path along Vancouver.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton

Last edited by Bum Commando; 08-02-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
Chemosh013

Strak%20Attack's Gamercard
I agree. It was interesting but I don't get the relevance. I almost wish there was more historical significance there, like in the memories section having a bio and information about the person. Not just a random ID that happens to be a serial killer.
Chemosh013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
HatredIncarnate

HatredIncarnate's Gamercard
Read the diary. the guy is certifiable. maybe its his twisted psyche?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatredIncarnate View Post
I read the diary but didn't quite make that connection. Maybe, that would explain how he could justify killing his wife and forgetting about it haha.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Quote:
well my original thought was that they were going to pull a full twist on us and there never were any zombies, Randal was just nuts and he killed his wife and kid and created this twisted evil world in his head to justify it all. i figured that was the reason for stuff like the ID's and the fact that his diary is mysteriously scattered all across the world....even in his own dreams....but nope instead it just turns out they wanted to throw in some killer shout outs
Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
ghsbe

ghsbe's Gamercard
Quote:
well my original thought was that they were going to pull a full twist on us and there never were any zombies, Randal was just nuts and he killed his wife and kid and created this twisted evil world in his head to justify it all. i figured that was the reason for stuff like the ID's and the fact that his diary is mysteriously scattered all across the world....even in his own dreams....but nope instead it just turns out they wanted to throw in some killer shout outs
This is better than what they actually did.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #16
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
ďALL the IDs belong to famous serial killers. Itís a private joke about madness and how serial killers may be mostly the most prepared to survive a zombie outbreak.Ē

http://www.gamesta.com/creepy-trivia...erial-killers/
Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
I thought this was odd too. The company that made this game is Spanish so I think it's a joke that might not have jumped the culture gap very well? That's probably also why the dialouge was stilted and used odd words that most Americans wouldn't use?

Not a bad game though.

Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #18
Dirty130

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Champion   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I don't agree with glorifying serial killers but none the less, I like the game.
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #19
ThePumpkinKing

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Quote:
such an odd collectible to have in the game, they even included pictures if you look at the IDs through the memories section
The pictures are actually members of the development team. Using the pictures of the actual killers could be considered... obscene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Commando View Post
Kind of neat but i dont understand their relevance to the game? Are the corpses that you find all the ids on supposed to be the cereal killers themselves? It sure was nice of all those cereal killers to drop dead in a neat linear path along Vancouver.
Cereal? They killed Captain Crunch! And no. They're not all killers. It's just the IDs themselves. And it's Seattle. Not Vancouver.

But seriously. It's S-E-R-I-A-L killers.

Quote:
Yeah. Is it just me? Or did his diary make it sound like he was actually the one killing people in the forest? He mentioned animal attacks at one point. But later he mentions what he "had to do" to those two girls. I forget the page number. But he mentions that her had to do it because animals defend their territory. And he was defending his. On the same page. If you ask me, his paranoia (mentioned in the page about the bar where he waited for Ben). Lack of social skills/antisocial behavior (Ben is his only friend in all of Hope? Really??) And the previous page I mentioned, make him fit the profile of a serial killer almost perfectly.

If that is true, it would explain both:

SPOILERS!!! Why he didn't hesitate at all to kill his wife and daughter /END SPOILERS!!!

and

The real meaning behind the serial killer IDs and the connection as to why they claim to have put them in the game.

I'll have to shoot an email to the art director (he's on my facebook page) and ask him if that's true. Because now it really seems like it could be more than possible.
Resident Evil 5

Last edited by ThePumpkinKing; 08-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
ThePumpkinKing

Wow... Has it really not dawned on anyone else that the game's protagonist, the guy we're playing as, is a sociopath?
Resident Evil 5
Old 08-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #21
Guy Who Rages

madhouse dan's Gamercard
Well the Rat Man frequently talks about hell, and Randall says he's in hell a few times throughout the game. I don't think it's supposed to be taken literally, but maybe all the serial killers indicate that this is a "wrath of god" type of apocalypse.

Last edited by Guy Who Rages; 08-13-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Typos
Guy Who Rages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
ThePumpkinKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Who Rages View Post
Well the Rat Man frequently talks about hell, and Randall says he's in hell a few times throughout the game. I don't take it's supposed to be taken literally, but maybe all the serial killers indicate that this is a "wrath of god" type of apocalypse.
re-read his diary. pay particularly close attention to pages 17-18 & 29-30. trust me when I say they're connected.
Resident Evil 5
Old 08-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #23
Lyco

Lyco499's Gamercard
I only noticed when I went back to mop up the last collectibles I missed. I didn't really pay attention when playing through the game, I just assumed the ID's were a method of getting the game's credits in.

Oh and as for the pics, I know a lot about serial killers but I wouldn't recognise most of them from pictures, regardless that the pics arent real the Wuornos ID's pic actually looks like a younger, attractive version of Aileen.

As for the protagonist, he's obviously disturbed. Antisocial, identified more with nature and animals than with human beings etc. BUT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
Wow... Has it really not dawned on anyone else that the game's protagonist, the guy we're playing as, is a sociopath?
Not true. He isn't a sociopath. It's not exactly a big deal (no bigger than the guy in this thread who mentioned 'cereal killers' anyway :P) but sociopaths have no capacity to understand the emotions of others beyond using them to their own ends. The game's protagonist (Randal is it?) isn't a sociopath because despite his hallucinations and what he realizes at the end of the game he actually loved his family. Misuse of the word sociopath (which isn't even used medically these days) is a little pet peeve of mine, the same way some people get about the universal misunderstanding of the concept of irony.

Lyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #24
FlimsySix

FlimsySix's Gamercard
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just got this game. I started to pick up on the serial killer thing after the first couple of IDs. Interesting thing to put in as a collectible.
FlimsySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
Gacys Clown

gacys clown's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlimsySix View Post
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just got this game. I started to pick up on the serial killer thing after the first couple of IDs. Interesting thing to put in as a collectible.
Oddly enough, I found the collectibles pretty interesting myself...
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I realized it when collecting Aileen Wuornos that this isn't a coincidence.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 56 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 11-6-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #27
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
I never noticed that :O thats quite interesting but the question is why would they put serial killers ids as collectibles? lol
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:11 AM   #28
aardvarkgod

aardvarkgod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Like someone else mentioned, I fully expected a twist ending where the protagonist was a serial killer and all of the 'zombies' you kill in the game were actually real people. The diary also indicates a spiraling psyche and probably would have been a better ending to this game (though I liked the ending, it would seem that the 'twist' would have caught a lot of people of guard).
Old 12-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #29
Hard Way

Hard VVay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum Commando View Post
I read the diary but didn't quite make that connection. Maybe, that would explain how he could justify ... haha.
Wow, thanks for ruining the end of the game for me, dickhead. How about a fucking spoiler warning next time?

Hit me up if you have a lobby and you need 1 for the "All Alone" achievement in Halo: Reach. It's the only achievement I have left in that game, and its the only one I'd really go out of my way to boost for.
Hard Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #30
killa86

XERO KILZ's Gamercard
The serial killer connection is that in the PC version there is a Nightmare Mode with an alternate ending that reveals all of Randall's friends and fellow survivors were actually killed by him. He is the serial killer.
killa86 is offline   Reply With Quote