PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Kievah

Kievah's Gamercard
Thoughts on Character Unlock Glitch

I've recently started playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance (had it on PS2, played it a few times through), and I noticed characters didn't unlock. Blade, Black Pantha, and Dr Strange. They all should've been unlocked, DEFINATELY, but weren't. So, after reading these forums, I took the advice and deleted my file from the Xbox storage and started over.

For some reason, the new file kept the costumes I'd unlocked.. weird. Got back into the game, Blade, Black Pantha, and Dr Strange unlocked. Yay! But Daredevil didn't this time. Instead of deleting, I simply reloaded the section, picked up the figurine again, and bam.. Daredevil unlocked this time.

Conclusion: if characters are glitched, it seems if you RELOAD the section and meet the unlock requirements a second time the glitch is solved.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
WeaponTheory

Ugh...

The only thing I can say is that fortunately, you can play as Dare Devil and Black Panther in the Sim Missions to unlock their costumes. Otherwise, attempting to 1000g-ing is a waste.

Since you said that deleting the save file didn't work, this could only mean that it's attached to your Gamer Profile, which is a stupid thing a developer could implant, this being the case.

To a person who wouldn't know that their unlockables would not appear, such as Dare Devil and Black Panther, they would have no way knowing that reloading could possibly fixed this.

I played the game as normal, got all five action figures, later saved the game and later thought "Oh yeah, I forgot I unlocked Black Panther", went to the Change Team and POOF! NOT THERE!
WeaponTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
wow I have never had this issue when playing the game. Dr. Strange and Daredevil both unlocked. I will keep that in mind though if that ever happens to me. I hope it won't though, I hate when games glitch!
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
Kievah

Kievah's Gamercard
This is possibly the glichiest modern game I've played! Love it, but has anyone tried Mephistos Realm on Hard? It's glichy at the best of times, but on Hard it's practically unplayable. Music cuts in and out, no worries.. but there are sections where you need to kill the leaping enemies to progress further.. unfortunately, the damn things DISAPPEAR when they leap onto you, and the only way to fix this is have your character leap over the edge or leave screens. All this does is respawn the damn thing, and you've gotta hope they don't leap onto you AGAIN. Only way I got through was spamming my momentum attacks.

Just UGH!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #5
WeaponTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kievah View Post
This is possibly the glichiest modern game I've played! Love it, but has anyone tried Mephistos Realm on Hard? It's glichy at the best of times, but on Hard it's practically unplayable. Music cuts in and out, no worries.. but there are sections where you need to kill the leaping enemies to progress further.. unfortunately, the damn things DISAPPEAR when they leap onto you, and the only way to fix this is have your character leap over the edge or leave screens. All this does is respawn the damn thing, and you've gotta hope they don't leap onto you AGAIN. Only way I got through was spamming my momentum attacks.

Just UGH!
The Leaper issue never happen to me, but here's a good trick.
Have Iceman. Obtain the skill that surrounds him ice, damaging any thing near him. It's an instant "Get the fuck off me" when they jump on you, I love it.
There is a few sections in that realm where enemies respawn.
One of them is one of the pentagram points where their is infinite Leapers until you beat the objective.
WeaponTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
LotusOfDoom

LotusOfDoom's Gamercard
Just to help with some confusion (at least this is how I got around it), I had Daredevil, Black Panther, and Silver Surfer ALL not unlock for me. By redoing the requirements though (in new game plus) they all unlocked and I placed them in my active party so they would be locked into the game. I used them till they had everything unlocked then took them out and they stayed from that point on, I figured even if they relocked the game would hopefully realize I had the costumes and better yet it just remembered I had the characters.
LotusOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Just reload a save with the characters/costumes unlocked then load the save you want to play on, then save over the save you just loaded (the second save that you are going to now play that didn't have the characters unlocked). You should keep a save file that has all the characters and costumes unlocked, that way you can start new games or whatnot and not have to unlock them again.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote