PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Alien Hominid HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-03-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
razzleson

razzleson's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Member of the Month   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Easy Head Chomp AFTER July 25th Patch

Well, a lot of threads have been surfacing about the Head Chomper location being glitched, it took me forever to figure out since I got my Head Chomper after the patch and found it extremely easy.

Then it occurred to me that no one's using the same spot as I was.

So, go to level 2-1 (AKA the first Russian level) and pass the watchtower where people previously tried to get the achievement. Now, go until you see a house in the background, on the walkable area you'll come upon a hill where you have to defeat a bunch of guys that pop outta the ground. Once you get the arrow to go to the next area, you'll see a second hill. Go onto the hill just enough to that the left side of the hill is at the corner of your screen. Now just wait down there for the baddies and chomp away.

This method WILL work after the latest patch. I didn't even bother to get the Head Chomper achievement until I knew it was possible to get a full 200 on the game..

(I know the end cuts out, gotta love a camera that only allows 30 second videos)

EDIT: Link fixed!

Last edited by razzleson; 09-17-2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: fixed link
razzleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
codedigital

Send a message via AIM to codedigital

Code x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
That kind of reminds me of another video that was posted.

Thanks man! I still need to try this at some point.
codedigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
jab1981

Thanks for posting this... I'd given up on most of the game. Glad to see these things got worked out. Nice video.
jab1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
Souls Collector

thanks for the video. I am going to try it out. I was stuck on this one. I am gald they fixed the hat achievement. See u all around soon.
Souls Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzleson View Post
Well, a lot of threads have been surfacing about the Head Chomper location being glitched, it took me forever to figure out since I got my Head Chomper after the patch and found it extremely easy.

Then it occurred to me that no one's using the same spot as I was.

So, go to level 2-1 (AKA the first Russian level) and pass the watchtower where people previously tried to get the achievement. Now, go until you see a house in the background, on the walkable area you'll come upon a hill where you have to defeat a bunch of guys that pop outta the ground. Once you get the arrow to go to the next area, you'll see a second hill. Go onto the hill just enough to that the left side of the hill is at the corner of your screen. Now just wait down there for the baddies and chomp away.

This method WILL work after the latest patch. I didn't even bother to get the Head Chomper achievement until I knew it was possible to get a full 200 on the game..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=kZ3twE_ZyYE(I know the end cuts out, gotta love a camera that only allows 30 second videos)
Link doesn't work.

Razzle Edit: Fixed! Thanks for the heads up though.

Last edited by razzleson; 09-17-2007 at 06:19 PM.
exorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Thanks, after my cat jumped on my lap when I was at 47 and messed me up, I finally got it 30 minutes later. Thanks for posting this!
Old 09-22-2007, 04:08 AM   #7
The Mars Army

peeonwh1tecats's Gamercard
i'll have to try it
The Mars Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #8
MrDUDE42

Send a message via AIM to MrDUDE42

Vidiot42's Gamercard
this is impossible.....
Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
movablegrunt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDUDE42 View Post
this is impossible.....
yeah, this can't be any easier than doing it legitimately. I've been here for an hour and a half trying to do this.
movablegrunt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #10
exorr

exorr's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by movablegrunt12 View Post
yeah, this can't be any easier than doing it legitimately. I've been here for an hour and a half trying to do this.
It's not impossible, it is very difficult though. It took me 2-3 hours to get it. Just be patient. I spent an hour messing up because I wasn't patient. Wait as long as needed to get someone to come as close to you (and turn around and stop) before trying for them. Practice enough and you'll get it.

This is the achievement I'm most proud of just because of how difficult it was.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #11
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I am going to have to try this out as well this achievement is just so hard since I am a type A person LOL I have very little patience.
Arcade Completed Games 71
Phrozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #12
DaRKSWeeNeY

thebloodymurder's Gamercard
OMG! I got the achievement using this method after 15-20 minutes. WOOT! 100%! Thanks!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #13
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
While working on this achievement i figured out a few tricks and things to watch out for.

#1 Do not go too far past the house, or only 2 guys will spawn. It's much faster, easier, and overall less annoying with more chances.

#2 Beware new guys. The ones that just pop out of the snow have a very low chance of actually grabbing onto them. Wait for them to move back to you, otherwise you will try to grab onto them, and lose your streak.

#3 Be directly over your targets head before pressing A. The game is very sensitive, so unless you are perfectly positioned, you will miss.

#4 I can not stress this enough, BE PATIENT!!! This achievement is a total time consuming pain in the ass, be patient or you will become frustrated rather easily.

I realize this achievement and thread are old, but new information is always a good thing.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
terravexti

this is the best way to do it. but WAIT until the next russian is all the way to the left of the mound to the point he is behind you, chomp the guy you are on and the guy behind you will not scream and more importantly will not move. hold left on the joystick and hit A. it will take a while but i got it on my first try.
terravexti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
Terra Branford

I know this is a slight necro-bump, but I just wanted to thank razzleson for posting this up. I've had Alien Hominid HD since it released, and have been stuck with 11 out of 12 achievements unlocked since 2008. Add to it KingGotenW's further detailing of ignoring the Russians that pop out of the snow (I was trying to do a fast Down+A on top of these guys the first few tries, only to lose my streak every single time), and just let them come to you helped massively.

I found that just staying between the "castle" in the background, and the tree on the ridge before the house was a nice spot, where the Russians wouldn't shoot me, would continue to rush over to get head chomped, and had the least worry of goofing up.

Now I finally have 12 out of 12 on this game, and can finally stop looking at the game in my library with a mix of annoyance and regret. Cheers!
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #16
mad m

i have this game on another profile my names whatCAKE so il need help with chivos over 20G i got juveie alien so i need help

im advansed on hexic HD
mad m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
hellpirate

hellpirate2's Gamercard
^lol

i know this thread is super old but just wanna give thanks to razzle for this method! knocked it out in like 10 minutes. way easier than all the others
Old 02-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #18
Benjamin09

Benjamin09's Gamercard
Swweeeet. Fired this game up out of the blue and thought to give it a try. Did and done with the last 2 achievements I needed!
Benjamin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:23 AM   #19
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It took me 4 hours straight to unlock this horrible achievement earlier today. I tried both 1-3 and the sniper tower in 2-1 before finally getting it in the spot on the OP's video. Everytime I would get around 35-40 heads chomped I'd either get screwed over with not landing on the guy's head, or one of the other guys would shoot and kill and the one I was on top of. Finally, after what had to be at least 100 attempts, it popped. I absolutely hate luck based achievements, and this one was no exception.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #20
Orion of Xi

Orion of Xi's Gamercard
Cool Finally Done!!!

This has been the one achievement that has stopped me from fully 200GS this game. I got my first achievement in this game on 08/30/08. It has taken 5 years and 8 months to do so but it is finally done. Used this method and worked. Just goes to show that it may be hard but not impossible.
Orion of Xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #21
bboy736

Rederin736's Gamercard
Thanks for posting this I never went into forums until just a couple of days ago and I am noticing all these cool tricks that aren't even in the guide, now I can 200G this game.
Seriously though someone should just copy and paste this into the guide...

bboy736 is offline   Reply With Quote