Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
ZackBeNinja

Zack Be Ninja's Gamercard
Seems like everyone is playing Siren...

I immediately went to Hunter.. and then started a secondary Beserker which I fell in love with.

So, my question is - worth investing time into a 3rd character, and does she have some kind of buff I don't know, as a newbie to the game - or is she just a fan fave?

Twitter | Youtube | Facebook
ZackBeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
If you put the skills into the right stuff with the siren she is easy mode compared to the others.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
If you put the skills into the right stuff with the siren she is easy mode compared to the others.
To establish on this point...

Her Action Skill is phasewalk. During this time she becomes both invisible to enemies and invulnerable. You can buff her Phasewalk with the ability to heal while in Phasewalk as well as the amount of time you are in it and cooldown. She also has access to a variety of Daze skills, enough that she has a whole skill tree dedicated to it, which both slows enemies to a snail's pace and slows their gun's fire rate several times. Every character except Roland has at least one Daze skill, but only Lilith has multiple.

She also has stuff like High Velocity and Quicksilver to buff weaponry.
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
xxFlAwLeSs1xx

xxFlAwLeSs13xx's Gamercard
Also she rocks with the smg, which in my opinion is the best style of gun to use.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
ZackBeNinja

Zack Be Ninja's Gamercard
My buddy started a Siren, and he seems to enjoy the character - although since we're both new to the game, we're still working on the skill tree mastery.

I've pretty much abandoned my Hunter for now, and I'm just running with the Serker. I enjoy being able to tank enemies 2 or 3 levels above me. Although, I see that the Phasewalk skill is obviously the best in the game.

Twitter | Youtube | Facebook
ZackBeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
Yeah, it's cause her action skill makes things to easy. "run away little siren".
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hunter was my first and only choice. And the Bloodwing is an awesome addition.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
First choice for me too, love the character and his ability, and he´s the character I´m still using for DLC and playtrough 2 while the rest of characters´s being resting for ayes. But after playing with everysingle character to a minimum level of 30, I can say that Mordecai is the challenging guy of the team, playing solo everything is a little bit difficult with him, he has no boost skills for shield or health and the damage skill will take time to get, especially if you invest in Bloodwing. I spend most of my points first in getting and awesome pet and in the last parts of the game I had my problems, problems I din´t get with neither of the other three characters.

Lilith does make the game easier in a lot of ways. I spend my points in having higher fire rate and bullets damage and use an ammo generation mod, which make her a sick assassin, and thanks to the investment in the cool down for her action skill and the regeneration health one she´s practically unstoppable.

I will say that in order will be: Lilith, Roland, Brick and Mordecai for a scale of which character does make the game a little easier, something specially notable in both the beginning and the end of the game.

Give it a chance some day and spend some time with the other characters, you may like one of those better than you imagine.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
zippymidget

zippymidgetjr's Gamercard
Well the siren is an excellent character if you focus on the element effects of things, especially with her pheonix ability. Way handy to invest in that. Otherwise if your starting a third character I would recommend the soldier. His skill is by far the most powerful when upgraded, mine can drop another level 69 character rather quickly (1 sec against one of my hunter playing friends).

It's a good idea to atleast play around with every character though because of some of the acheivments.
zippymidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #10
Bodom94

xIBoDoM x's Gamercard
When I first started I made a hunter, once I got it to 61 I made a Berserker and it is easily my favorite class now, his skill is definitely the best in my opinion, once you upgrade it you can kill a higher level character in just a few hits. Plus his burps smell like blood.

You know so much about nothing at all.

Add me on XBL: xIBoDoM x
Bodom94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
Jakethemuss

Thepercenter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I'd have to disagree with you there. Although I liked the hunter in terms of using sniper rifles and pistols and going for mean headshots...I thought the bloodwing was kinda futile. Maybe I didn't upgrade it enough, but so far for me its my least favourite ability.

I'm enjoying Siren the MOST, for the increased shields, environmental weapon perks...but most importantly the phasewalk. Its like the Holy Grail when you're in a tight situation. Not only can you become invisible and run off but you gain health at the same time, plus you give off crazy damage upon entry/exit and can give off shock damage just walking past people

Currently looking to boost; Condemned 2, Crackdown co-op

Info for potential multiplayer pals; I am a UK brah so go by 'GMT'
Jakethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #12
Axel 360

axelquatripolar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I'd have to disagree with you there. Although I liked the hunter in terms of using sniper rifles and pistols and going for mean headshots...I thought the bloodwing was kinda futile. Maybe I didn't upgrade it enough, but so far for me its my least favourite ability.
I did the opposite, Bloodwing is my main source of pain. Yes, it´s not as powerful as weapons, but´s very useful in some ways. Mine can be launch almost at the same time it has return to me, does several hits to enemies, helps with the health regeneration of Mordecai (his weak spot), and daze enemies. He´s the quickest way to finish Mad Moxxi´s Underdome, that I can assure you. I actually finish all DLCs thanks to the bird, he kill everything while I just ran straight to my destination. It´s not the best action skill, but the skills attach I think are the really good ones of Mordecai. The guy´s skill three really suck when compared with the rest of the gang. I guess that´s why the sniper class is the one that change the most between Borderlands and Borderlands 2, it wasn´t as useful as others.

But I agree, Lilith skill is better and has a wide range of usages. SHe´s a killing machine.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Brick is very fun. You almost never die. With the right perks you can stay down on your knee for what seems like forever and pick off an enemy to self-revive. Plus going Berserk and wrecking stuff is all kinds of fun
Old 07-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
SeductiveNoodle

SeductiveNoodle's Gamercard
Roland was my first choice, the turret being able to heal and resupply friends with ammo was really why I picked Roland.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
They play as her because she's a girl. Not because she's good.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
They play as her because she's a girl. Not because she's good.
She's good. Spec for phasewalk and you're untouchable (at least compared to other characters). Not to mention Mind Games is almost broken it's so good.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I thought the bloodwing was kinda futile. Maybe I didn't upgrade it enough, but so far for me its my least favourite ability.
First, to each his own but what you said and what I left quoted, may be why it wasn't as fun as it could have been for you.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #18
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I chose her because of the "rare" loot trait, otherwise I would have chosen hunter. I love loot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm a female, so i always pick a female character.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #20
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
She's good. Spec for phasewalk and you're untouchable (at least compared to other characters). Not to mention Mind Games is almost broken it's so good.
I didn't mean that as she wasn't good though.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #21
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I didn't mean that as she wasn't good though.
Okay I know what you meant now, I started with Mordecai but switched to Lilith when I saw what she could do. Especially later on when I found myself using pistols/revolvers instead of sniper rifles. When close in (the way most of the game is) the rapid fire of the tediore unique revolver or The Dove pistol is brutal. They had good flexibility as well since you could also go for massive damage with the same weapon class.

It made sense to use her close quarters skill set for my next character.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Okay I know what you meant now, I started with Mordecai but switched to Lilith when I saw what she could do. Especially later on when I found myself using pistols/revolvers instead of sniper rifles. When close in (the way most of the game is) the rapid fire of the tediore unique revolver or The Dove pistol is brutal. They had good flexibility as well since you could also go for massive damage with the same weapon class.

It made sense to use her close quarters skill set for my next character.
All characters are good for their own use I suppose. Just all the 12 year old hyperventilating boys picked her cause she's a girl. Haha

Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #23
ExDeath928

ExDeath928's Gamercard
The only class I rarely see anyone play is the Berzerker. I see a lot of Rolands, followed by Lillith and then Mordecai.
ExDeath928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #24
H3L xSHARINGANx

H3L xSHARINGANx's Gamercard
I've played Siren since release day. Her Phasewalk saves a lot of time traveling between missions, I'm constantly leaving my friends in the dust as they walk to the nearest car station. Healing during Phasewalk is pretty handy and I'd say she's the easiest character to use as her SMGs can be sprayed to no end. With 0.5 second reloading and regenrating ammo,

In my experience she sucks for dueling though. Beserker and Hunter annihilate her.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #25
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
...yup I'm guilty and didn't regret it. Level 63 with my dear Lilith and to be continued.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #26
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

I've played as all 4, and Lillith was easily a favourite, next to Brick. Lillith just has so many skill it makes survival so easy, let alone the natural SMG proficiency. Phase Walk is just the best ability, it beats every other ability so easily.

Brick's pretty good as well, especially casting Berserk then getting downed a second after, to then be able to sprint 4 times as fast.

Damn I'm so depressed.

Last edited by CHIRUNO99; 07-31-2012 at 05:51 PM.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #27
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

My main character is a soldier, and I put some levels into the Hunter which I enjoyed. I haven't really spent much time with the Siren but I can see how it could be amazing when leveled up.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #28
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Soldier for me, tho I did recently start a siren to get the phasewalk kill achievement, and happily played on for several hours after pinging that. Kinda wish I'd started from the beginning with Lilith now, but I'm not gonna dump the hours into the game now, not with the sequel not far away.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote