PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Hansathan
 
Hansathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 552

Hansathan's Gamercard
Best Way to Use/Develop Lilith

Just go the GOTY edition and since it's my first time playing Borderlands, I could use some friendly advice. Which weapons are best suited for Lilith (in your opinion)? I am 2 hours in and been focusing on SMGs, pistols, and sniper rifles.

Also, which abilities of hers are "can't miss" pick ups and how does Phasewalk work? I've only used it once and couldn't really figure out how it's supposed to work.

Thanks for any helpful input.
__________________


Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
Im MasterDeath
 
Im MasterDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 21

Im MasterDeath's Gamercard
OKAY! WOW! first off...CONGRATULATIONS on FINALLY getting what I believed to be one of the GREATEST games EVER! I was truelly addicted to that game for MONTHS!!

you picked a great character! People usually spent thread after thread arguing ove the Hunter or the Siren being the best...In my opinion after playing through all characters..Lilith the Siren IS THE BEST! The Phasewalk makes running through quests a breeze! anyways...SMG's are Definitely her strong suit..look for a strong Hellfire Smg or Double AnarchyI always would keepa couple Saviors in my inventory since they replenish smg ammo...Develope the middle column to get the Phoenix ability and anything that increases her phasewalk time and cooldown speed for phasewalk is a must!

I would also STRONGLY recommend making 2 character files...one for multiplayer online fun and the other for single player campaign or for trusted friends to join in!
Playing online there were plenty of jerks on there with plenty of useless crap and always wanting to duel and show off their wepaons and gears..not too much help and very fustrating....what you should do is play at least the first walkthrough by yourself and explore EVERYTHING!!! jumping into multiplayer campaign is just going to get confusing if you don't know where everything is!

If you need help with quests or maybe leveling up a little if ur stuck..let me know..I'm always happy to help a fellow BORDERLANDER! GT: Im MasterDeath
Im MasterDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Hansathan
 
Hansathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 552

Hansathan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im MasterDeath View Post
OKAY! WOW! first off...CONGRATULATIONS on FINALLY getting what I believed to be one of the GREATEST games EVER! I was truelly addicted to that game for MONTHS!!

you picked a great character! People usually spent thread after thread arguing ove the Hunter or the Siren being the best...In my opinion after playing through all characters..Lilith the Siren IS THE BEST! The Phasewalk makes running through quests a breeze! anyways...SMG's are Definitely her strong suit..look for a strong Hellfire Smg or Double AnarchyI always would keepa couple Saviors in my inventory since they replenish smg ammo...Develope the middle column to get the Phoenix ability and anything that increases her phasewalk time and cooldown speed for phasewalk is a must!

I would also STRONGLY recommend making 2 character files...one for multiplayer online fun and the other for single player campaign or for trusted friends to join in!
Playing online there were plenty of jerks on there with plenty of useless crap and always wanting to duel and show off their wepaons and gears..not too much help and very fustrating....what you should do is play at least the first walkthrough by yourself and explore EVERYTHING!!! jumping into multiplayer campaign is just going to get confusing if you don't know where everything is!

If you need help with quests or maybe leveling up a little if ur stuck..let me know..I'm always happy to help a fellow BORDERLANDER! GT: Im MasterDeath
Thanks a lot buddy. I'm only playing through with my best bud (and usual co-op gaming partner), so I'm not gonna worry about going online just yet. I probably sound real nub here, but what exactly does Phasewalk do/how are you supposed to use it while it's active? I used it once and didn't really know what to do. I Melee attacked an enemy and it didn't really do any damage. Thanks haha.
__________________


Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Im MasterDeath
 
Im MasterDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 21

Im MasterDeath's Gamercard
Phasewalk for the siren is not really an offensive move...it's used mainly to get outta tough situations and to fly through maps fast..as you level up ur siren the phasewalking will last longer if u upgrade it. the phasewalk can cause damage to enemies if you add elemental cores like corrosive, shock, incindery, and blast, there are other upgrades to cause I think corrosive or shock to enemies as you pass by them while in phasewalk. You can use phasewalk to sneak up close to a group of enemies undetected, melee one enemy and while exiting the phaswalk all surrounding enemies get damaged by whatever element you attach to the phasewalk. But like I said earlier..it is mostly used for defensive manuevers, especially if you upgrade the healing while phasewalk and toss some transfusion grenades, the siren becomes invincible in deadly situations.
Im MasterDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Hansathan
 
Hansathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 552

Hansathan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im MasterDeath View Post
Phasewalk for the siren is not really an offensive move...it's used mainly to get outta tough situations and to fly through maps fast..as you level up ur siren the phasewalking will last longer if u upgrade it. the phasewalk can cause damage to enemies if you add elemental cores like corrosive, shock, incindery, and blast, there are other upgrades to cause I think corrosive or shock to enemies as you pass by them while in phasewalk. You can use phasewalk to sneak up close to a group of enemies undetected, melee one enemy and while exiting the phaswalk all surrounding enemies get damaged by whatever element you attach to the phasewalk. But like I said earlier..it is mostly used for defensive manuevers, especially if you upgrade the healing while phasewalk and toss some transfusion grenades, the siren becomes invincible in deadly situations.
Ok thanks for clearing that up! Now I just gotta get thru this workday haha. 2 hours in and I can't stop thinking about playing again!
__________________


Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Necrophage33
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,242

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansathan View Post
Thanks a lot buddy. I'm only playing through with my best bud (and usual co-op gaming partner), so I'm not gonna worry about going online just yet. I probably sound real nub here, but what exactly does Phasewalk do/how are you supposed to use it while it's active? I used it once and didn't really know what to do. I Melee attacked an enemy and it didn't really do any damage. Thanks haha.
You better not cheat on your co-op partner!
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Hansathan
 
Hansathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 552

Hansathan's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophage33 View Post
You better not cheat on your co-op partner!
Well, I would never!
__________________


Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
DeathCrunch
 
DeathCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7

De4thCrunch's Gamercard
SMG's are a must, you'll find tons of class mods lying around to boost damage and lots of skills to boost fire rate and such. Personally I went for alien tech as my secondary but you could really pick anything, repeaters seems to be a good idea but i could never find much use out of them.

Phasewalk is more as a sprint/escape button early on, later to can put points in to regen a large chunk of your health. With a decent shield recharge rate you'll get a good portion of that as well. Sprint around the back of badies if you're in a team and fire away.
Ignore the melee attack stuff, it's a waste. You're better using it for regen or ending it and shooting them instead.
DeathCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
ChickinOnaChain
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,331

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I know this thread is a little old but MAYBE the OP or someone else can use this... http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ca...:Lilith_Builds
__________________

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Necrophage33
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Allentown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,242

Necrophage33's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown78541 View Post
I know this thread is a little old but MAYBE the OP or someone else can use this... http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ca...:Lilith_Builds
Yeah we already beat the game and got to level 69. Thanks though.
Necrophage33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #11
savagetravage
 
savagetravage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8

savagetravage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im MasterDeath View Post
you picked a great character! People usually spent thread after thread arguing ove the Hunter or the Siren being the best...In my opinion after playing through all characters..Lilith the Siren IS THE BEST! The Phasewalk makes running through quests a breeze! anyways...
Yeah, I'm gonna do the whole hunter/siren argument.
The phasewalk is by far the best skill in the game, no disagreements there, but Mordecai's Trespass perk (The bottom one in Sniper) is beyond amazing. It's great for the powerlevelling in the Eridian Promontory as at level 5 it completely ignores the Guardian's powerful shields.
I personally think that there is no 'better' character as they all have their own perks that basically keeps them all at the same level.
savagetravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
ChessiiCat
 
ChessiiCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6

chessiicat's Gamercard
I've never played this type of game before where I've had to develop a character (I'm a fairly new gamer) and this post was very helpful for me, it explained why my Lilith Character was awful with all the awesome rifles I got. Thank you for that
ChessiiCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #13
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,288

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I was hoping someone could help me, i only just started playing Borderlands and chose the Siren and was wondering what skills are worth investing in? I have read through all the available skills but because i just started playing i have no idea what half of them even mean, so i don't want to invest a lot of points in something if it turns out it is a useless skill?

From the posts above, it sounds like Phasewalk is a defensive action but there seems to be quite a few skills to upgrade the offensive nature of it????
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
PANIC ATTACK 10
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 759

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Smile

sorry if i cover whats been said. i didnt read the other posts yet,lmao.

i love lilith, she has some cool skills/perks. i liked the pheonix skill. when phssewalking you have a flame around you. also quick silver & boosting your sheild helps too. her best weapons are guns with elementals powers. so i use smg,sniper & reapeter guns. i also use 2 sheilds. 1 for healing & a powerful one for protection. make sure to increase your slots too. you'll fill them up fast. also get skill to decrease lost money when you die. i've had this since day one. still need to do dlc from marketplace,lol. build your way. take skills you like. i stayed away from conventienal builds. had a blast building mine from scratch. you can reset points too. theres 2 playthroughs & this is my fav rpg still. even over skyrim! great game in co op too if you get the right people together. bottomline you cant build a bad lilith. her & brick are my top favs for this game
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #15
PANIC ATTACK 10
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 759

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I was hoping someone could help me, i only just started playing Borderlands and chose the Siren and was wondering what skills are worth investing in? I have read through all the available skills but because i just started playing i have no idea what half of them even mean, so i don't want to invest a lot of points in something if it turns out it is a useless skill?

From the posts above, it sounds like Phasewalk is a defensive action but there seems to be quite a few skills to upgrade the offensive nature of it????
you could make her an assasin. i did it my own way though. i decreased lost money. increased sheild percentage. used quick silver. got the phonix power. spark is also good as she uses elemental guns best. ie fire, extra. get an smg,sniper & repeater is what i did. this way you have short, medium & long range covered.
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #16
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII
 
Shinobi273's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,934

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I played pure SMG combat and speced phase walk offensively so I could shoot enemies and phase when my shields went down to get very close and detonate and keep shooting. Shields needed to be fast reecharge to recharge while in phase walk.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,288

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC ATTACK 10 View Post
you could make her an assasin. i did it my own way though. i decreased lost money. increased sheild percentage. used quick silver. got the phonix power. spark is also good as she uses elemental guns best. ie fire, extra. get an smg,sniper & repeater is what i did. this way you have short, medium & long range covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
I played pure SMG combat and speced phase walk offensively so I could shoot enemies and phase when my shields went down to get very close and detonate and keep shooting. Shields needed to be fast reecharge to recharge while in phase walk.
Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't realize you could reset skill points so i was worried i would invest in something that turned out to be useless.

I've started upgrading the elemental powers because i already have a fire pistol and sniper and a corrosive SMG to cover all distances.

I like your suggestion Shinobi, i've already found the phasewalk skill to be useful when mixed with a fast charging shield and a solid SMG, i just need to focus on upgrading the offensive skills and find an even better shield.
Thanks again
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #18
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII
 
Shinobi273's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,934

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
The phasewalk is also nice for second playthroughs where you know where you're going and want to just bypass enemies. The Maliwan Hellfire and Tediore Savior are essential to the build. I never found a Maliwan Tsunami but if I had, that would be all the guns you ever need. The game may not have a flamethrower, but the hellfire is pretty close. The Savior can dump rounds onto targets, all day long. I think I just brought a scoped Hyperion SMG for longer ranges and a corrosive SMG for armor but they are pretty unnecessary.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
DEG23
Wanderlusting
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,288

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Are guns like the Hellfire and Savior located in a certain place or is it luck as to when and where you find them, if not i might just keep an eye open for a good range of SMG's.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I've heard Deus Ex is a sexy good game. Do it! DEG's club is awesome, as is the man himself.
DEG23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #20
PANIC ATTACK 10
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 759

PANIC ATTACK 10's Gamercard
Smile

phasewalking is the best IMO. also get the phoenix skill. when you kill an enemy with it, it adds to its time up. so i walk into a group on fire,lmao. as i can wipe them out fast! the 2 trees to use is the left & middle ones. these i found the most useful for an offensive build. you can have you guns replenish rapidly. heal & cause a huge amout of damage in phasewalk. use the bonuses later on that cause extra damage when going in/out of phasewalk. get the cooldown time to it too. read all the skills then plan out what works for you. reseting skills costs ALOT of money! so leave it unless you really need it! i think it can only be done once, not sure.

increase your loot slots via finding claptraps. hope this helps, i'll post my lilith build later tonight. i have to see my guns & such. also theres a boss you'll need a blue gun for. it has sheilds you need to take out before you can damage him. so make sure to have a gun of each element. goodluck & have fun!
PANIC ATTACK 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #21
ICT Venom
 
ICT Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 90

ict venom's Gamercard
Hit and run tactics. Have a very fast recharging shield, and max out phasewalk duration and cooldown, as well as the heal effect while phasewalking.

With these couple of things, you can directly engage enemies until you are about to be downed, this is when you enter the phasewalk. With the duration maxed out and a fast recharging shield (Anshin is what I swear by), you will have full shields and mostly full health when phasewalk is over. Rinse and repeat and very few enemies will pose a problem for you!
ICT Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 6,536

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This is my build for any future BL gamers:

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/sk...10000005055505

I'm level 69 now and also spent the last 9 points in Quicksilver & Resilience. I had no problems so far with all the DLCs, nor playthrough 1 & 2, I own them all, even Crawmerax (level 72). I say it matters more what weapon & class mods you carry & use.
__________________
Signature by BAD VII


1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 PM.