PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3 > Forces of Nature
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #61
sjmleicester

Send a message via MSN to sjmleicester

Sir Simon Mally's Gamercard
My tip, if you're in UK, is to play late at night ie after 1 am when most people have gone to bed and the European players who are one hour ahead anyway, are hopefully not playing either.

If you don't get an empty lobby, drop out and try again. This game mode should get quieter over the next couple of days once most people have got a win on each map.

I did this last night and got into an virtually empty lobby with just one player on the other side. Tried to invite him into a party but he didn't have a mike. I explained what I was doing and managed to persuade him to leave the game.

Anyway, quickly invited some online mates who also wanted the achievement. As described above we took it in turn down the bots for the leader to finish off the kill.

Best to hold back in the spawn initially and let the bots come to you. Watch out though when the spawns switch and you may find the enemy spawning behind you with spawn protection.
Let the game run to five rounds so everyone gets a chance to be leader. Once someone had got the 10 kills and the achievement popped, they dropped out and we invited another player in. 8 of us managed to get it. We were lucky though that no one joined the other side for over half an hour.

Ideally you need 5 players versus 5 bots so the bots don't rush ahead and kill the enemy leader before you've got the necessary kill count. It is very doable using this method.

Good luck.

Last edited by sjmleicester; 03-30-2012 at 09:04 AM.
sjmleicester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #62
Xbox360haloandgearsofwar

ii RaG3QUiT ii's Gamercard
I randomly got this achievement a couple of hours ago. It was just me and a guy in a quick match guardian on jacinto. I sent him a message asking if he wanted the ivory skin and he said yes. So we both got leader and just set back with nads and slaughtered bots. I don't know how I got so lucky. I played around 2am est.
Xbox360haloandgearsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #63
the action frampton

action frampton's Gamercard
I got 8 on my first game until a red lvl 99 joined the other side and sniped me from across the map. Sigh, hopefully I'll get it soon.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #64
rye007

burgerboyrye's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmleicester View Post
My tip, if you're in UK, is to play late at night ie after 1 am when most people have gone to bed and the European players who are one hour ahead anyway, are hopefully not playing either.

If you don't get an empty lobby, drop out and try again. This game mode should get quieter over the next couple of days once most people have got a win on each map.

I did this last night and got into an virtually empty lobby with just one player on the other side. Tried to invite him into a party but he didn't have a mike. I explained what I was doing and managed to persuade him to leave the game.

Anyway, quickly invited some online mates who also wanted the achievement. As described above we took it in turn down the bots for the leader to finish off the kill.

Best to hold back in the spawn initially and let the bots come to you. Watch out though when the spawns switch and you may find the enemy spawning behind you with spawn protection.
Let the game run to five rounds so everyone gets a chance to be leader. Once someone had got the 10 kills and the achievement popped, they dropped out and we invited another player in. 8 of us managed to get it. We were lucky though that no one joined the other side for over half an hour.

Ideally you need 5 players versus 5 bots so the bots don't rush ahead and kill the enemy leader before you've got the necessary kill count. It is very doable using this method.

Good luck.
nice one mate, worked like a charm
rye007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #65
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Form a team of 5 and have everyone down and target the players for the leader. Got 6 of us the achievement in under 6 hours.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #66
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Juicy Pie View Post
It will never be made private, rakzilla has already stated this... they aren't able to do it.
Bullshit. I could give two fucks what "rakzilla" or any other type of zilla has to say. They CAN change it, they just don't WANT to. It's their game, their creation, they can make whatever changes they want to. Period. And anyone, including Bleszinsky himself, who tries to say otherwise, is full of shit. Nothing to even debate here.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #67
NinjaSteen

NinjaSteen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostx30 View Post
Bullshit. I could give two fucks what "rakzilla" or any other type of zilla has to say. They CAN change it, they just don't WANT to. It's their game, their creation, they can make whatever changes they want to. Period. And anyone, including Bleszinsky himself, who tries to say otherwise, is full of shit. Nothing to even debate here.
Well said!!
NinjaSteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #68
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostx30 View Post
Oh yea? And you're qualified to make that assessment?

960/960 Titanfall Challenges Completed

Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #69
infernoterrorize

Nfernoterrorize's Gamercard
Im online here in America at the same time of the UK most nites. After 1am central.

BORDERLANDS - THE BEST GAME EVER!!!

100% Achievements: RETAIL:24 ARCADE:12

OVER 90% ACHIEVEMENT COMPLETION RATE!!!
infernoterrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #70
iNT3NTiiONz

iNT3NTiiONz's Gamercard
In theroy, this mode can be made a private mode via update. (the bot behavior and what not is there). BUT, this mode came with DLC so only dlc holders should have access to it. everyone has access to private

it should be made private though, this is actually hard to get even with just bots (they rush)
Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
jackofblades

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNT3NTiiONz View Post
In theroy, this mode can be made a private mode via update. (the bot behavior and what not is there). BUT, this mode came with DLC so only dlc holders should have access to it. everyone has access to private

it should be made private though, this is actually hard to get even with just bots (they rush)

it can not be done with bots I was lucky to get 4 kills with bots before they killed the leader

jackofblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #72
Banana Tim

Banana Tim III's Gamercard
This achievement was so easy... Just get a group of five together and just agree not to kill the enemy team leader. The four players who arent the leader just need to spam their retros/lancers and down enemies while they let the leader finish them off. Simple
Banana Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #73
Ayepeck

Ayepecks's Gamercard
I tried for a few hours to get this last night and it was a bitch (and I didn't get it). We got matches against bots about 4 times, but someone would always join and mess it up.

Finally I just went on my own looking for bot matches and found one with a team getting it against bots. I messaged them saying I wanted the achievement too, but they got mad and said no. So I ruined it for them by killing their leader each round. The same thing happened within 10 minutes when I found another empty game.

If people would just help, I'd have this easy. But for some reason people are douchebags. I'm not going to apologize for ruining it for other people if they wouldn't even help a single other person (and it wouldn't even cost them any time -- we'd get it at the same time).
Ayepeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #74
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
I have helped others on my team before as it also get me a lot of EXP. I have had people on the other team ask me to help but I didn't for obvious reasons.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #75
infernoterrorize

Nfernoterrorize's Gamercard
Ive played for a few hours tonite and havnt gotten anywhere. Players kill each other just too damn fast and none of the matches I was in anyone got over 10 kills. When you dont have friends who play Gears and no random people want to help this is just ridiculous.

BORDERLANDS - THE BEST GAME EVER!!!

100% Achievements: RETAIL:24 ARCADE:12

OVER 90% ACHIEVEMENT COMPLETION RATE!!!
infernoterrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #76
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Tim View Post
This achievement was so easy... Just get a group of five together and just agree not to kill the enemy team leader. The four players who arent the leader just need to spam their retros/lancers and down enemies while they let the leader finish them off. Simple
Thanks for having some sense in this forum. People spend more time complaining about this achievement than actually working together to get it done. Took all of us maybe 4 hours for EVERY person in our group to get it.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:07 AM   #77
Paultergeist

BinethPaul12's Gamercard
Theres only one trusted way to get this achevement in couple of hours..... Just join with your mates(5) and send mssages to each and everyone person of the other team.... then continue to do this until you get lucky and the other team accepted ... Totally work....
Paultergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #78
GazDFB

Ni Lad x's Gamercard
Unhappy Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
I figured that overloading my internet connection would make this easy. It turns out that the bots are too damn good. I can't manage to get the 10 kills before the leader dies.
Yes man me and a few friends tried that and the bots got me when I had 9 was such a fail!
GazDFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #79
SnakeSTD

Senor Snake's Gamercard
The easiest way for me is me and my buddies (there were 4 of us) just played guardian really late at night and we would get matches with bots only. We all got the achievement, it isn't hard you just need to search for a match at the right time
SnakeSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #80
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
So happy I got this achievement before and the crappy weapon skin(that looks like the chrome weapon skins) I joined a game of guardian that had been goin for literally 5 seconds as i joined, I got promoted to leader, on the other team was another guy who was the leader as well, and i held off from killing him till id got my 10 kills (using lancer mostly against the bots) acheve popped then played the game normally.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #81
Reanimated Joey

Mr Technicolor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoterrorize View Post
Ive played for a few hours tonite and havnt gotten anywhere. Players kill each other just too damn fast and none of the matches I was in anyone got over 10 kills. When you dont have friends who play Gears and no random people want to help this is just ridiculous.
Same boat. I don't normally play with people, usually go solo.. so getting a team together has been brutal.
Reanimated Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #82
Jaynestown

This is without doubt the stupidest achievement for a long time, it's totally ruined Guardian because leaders dash off trying to get kills instead of trying to stay alive, I can't believe EPIC put this in
Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #83
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
When I boosted this achievement with a group of five epic forumers, we got it done in 20mins. We were lucky enough to find another group and we agreed to boost it for all of us in two maps, jacinto and raven down. It was hilarious to see 4 guys twirling their smokes before getting blasted to pieces by the leader lololol Loving the Ivory skin and all this happened the day after the dlc came out iirc
Old 04-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #84
Robbo 105

Just got these achievement with 5 others and some guest accounts
- One team with two players and two guests find a bot game
- Host quits
- All remaining players and guests join the player still in the game
- Players shuold then be spilt over the two sides
- Play to get the achievements and then stalemate once you have it
Robbo 105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #85
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Ok, so I got the achievement (finally) and long behold - the damn ivory skin doesnt unlock!!!! WTF.

Did anyone else encounter this problem?
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #86
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Dirt View Post
Form a team of 5 and have everyone down and target the players for the leader.

Pretty much what you do in any case. No need to overload your internet or nothing, just get a group of friends to give you their downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hooter View Post
Ok, so I got the achievement (finally) and long behold - the damn ivory skin doesnt unlock!!!! WTF.

Did anyone else encounter this problem?
Yup, it's happened to a friend of mine; and I remember it being on the forums multiple times. Not sure how to advise though :/

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #87
LotusOfDoom

LotusOfDoom's Gamercard
If anyone is looking for teammates to get this I'm looking for the same, I keep getting 8 kills in legit matches at most and I try to make my team chill for a sec and they rush the other leader and we win, or I'm the ropes and run out of shotgun
LotusOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #88
CORPSIE19

CORPSIE19's Gamercard
anyone willing to do this, im good to go whenever
CORPSIE19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #89
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I am also looking for this! Let me know!
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #90
mthais

mthais's Gamercard
Really wanna get this one.. Message me, will help with other achievements!
mthais is offline   Reply With Quote