PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Doodle Jump
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #31
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by master_shake_350 View Post
Don't think I will get this achievement for a long time, my highset score is 26k and I never get past more then 10 monsters.
How long have you been playing for? It seems to be one of those games that you get good at *very* slowly. My high score is just shy of 50K I think, and I am on around 10 hours, so I still have a way to go. I find that some bits throw me every time... for example, on the normal graph paper theme, the bit where the big monster travels up the screen with you. I am ashamed to say that I have only ever got past that bit twice!!! Definitely involves a lot of pattern memorisation and recognition, this game. I am not yet done with the game but, to be honest, I don't think that I will ever be good enough to get this achievement either. But who knows? Maybe in a months time we will both have the 200...

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #32
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
How long have you been playing for? It seems to be one of those games that you get good at *very* slowly. My high score is just shy of 50K I think, and I am on around 10 hours, so I still have a way to go. I find that some bits throw me every time... for example, on the normal graph paper theme, the bit where the big monster travels up the screen with you. I am ashamed to say that I have only ever got past that bit twice!!! Definitely involves a lot of pattern memorisation and recognition, this game. I am not yet done with the game but, to be honest, I don't think that I will ever be good enough to get this achievement either. But who knows? Maybe in a months time we will both have the 200...
It says 2 hours but I thought it would have been longer. Its the dam black holes that get me all the time
Old 06-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #33
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i hate the skipping jet pack achievement <_<
Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #34
jpw21683

jpw21683's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
I had trouble with that one too...eventually got it on the default theme.
jpw21683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #35
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpw21683 View Post
I had trouble with that one too...eventually got it on the default theme.
Yes, it seems that the default graph paper theme is the best for propellor hats and jet packs, and the jungle theme is the best for monsters. I have noticed on the graph paper theme that I often go past 15,000 without seeing a single monster! That never happens in the jungle (from what I have seen, anyway).

Old 06-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #36
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yes, it seems that the default graph paper theme is the best for propellor hats and jet packs, and the jungle theme is the best for monsters. I have noticed on the graph paper theme that I often go past 15,000 without seeing a single monster! That never happens in the jungle (from what I have seen, anyway).
You're right Ooyah. My theory behind this, is that with all of it's powerups, the other themes have less monsters because you are jetpacking, rocketing, or propelling away from them. They don't show the monsters during powerups unless you are VERY close to them either. I've heard the "rory-rum" of a monster before and used a jetpack only to not see said monster.

Therefore, on the jungle theme I avoid jetpacks like the plaugue. I feel that I see way less monsters when I use jetpacks. Wonder if I mentioned that in the guide...(?)

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #37
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
Everytime I try skip one, its on the only platform I have on screen so its usally jetpack or death! I can never land on the dam thing and miss it.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #38
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Everytime I try skip one, its on the only platform I have on screen so its usally jetpack or death! I can never land on the dam thing and miss it.
I know that feeling.

Seems the same here as with the rest of the game... you have to keep playing and hope for a good sequence to appear. It is frustrating when you are forced to collect a jet-pack because, from what Lite was saying earlier, it sounds like it takes an age for number 4 to show up. I had a really good set-up once, where I *could* have avoided the first jet-pack, but I stupidly did not... and then I passed two more... all of this before 40,000. Seems that it is a matter of try, try, and try again. Thank God that the game is so much fun to play, otherwise the achievements would be utterly unbearable, with how random the levels can be.

And while I am here... ...has anybody received *any* kind of a reply from Lima Sky yet, regarding the UFO abduction achievement? I haven't heard anything yet.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #39
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
I just got this. On the default graph paper theme. Believe it or not, my score at the time was around 23,000!!! So there is hope for this one not *having* to be as painful as it seems. Again, though, it is a matter of playing over and over, as I was very lucky on two accounts... firstly, that three jetpacks all appeared so early in the game, and, secondly, that I was not forced to collect them. Thought that I would share this as it shows that the game will favour you sometimes!

Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #40
OniLink57

OniLink57's Gamercard
Just jumped on 30 monsters. My score was 104k. Good luck for those who try !

140GS, 9 hours of play for me.
OniLink57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #41
master_shake_350

Quote:
I just got this. On the default graph paper theme. Believe it or not, my score at the time was around 23,000!!! So there is hope for this one not *having* to be as painful as it seems. Again, though, it is a matter of playing over and over, as I was very lucky on two accounts... firstly, that three jetpacks all appeared so early in the game, and, secondly, that I was not forced to collect them. Thought that I would share this as it shows that the game will favour you sometimes!
Nice one, I have been lucky enough to have a jetpack spawn on the first jump but I can never make it to the third jetpack.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #42
xANMLZxHELLFIRE

Nearing 7 hours game play and all i need left is super monster jumper. I hope I can get it. I really would hate getting stuck at 180/200. Major ups to peps who got 200gs in this game, by far 10/10 difficulty rating for me.

Update: Finally got it!! Jungle level at 103k. My game time played jumped up 11+ hours to get this last achieve.

Last edited by xANMLZxHELLFIRE; 10-17-2011 at 02:22 AM.
xANMLZxHELLFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 AM   #43
riskbreaker23

riskbreaker23's Gamercard
I just got the UFO achievement today. I wasn't really trying to get it. Truth be told I was working on the jet pack one. I can't remember the exact situation. I didn't know this achievement was difficult. I'm certain I shot then jumped into the UFO. I think I might've hit a spring because I think I jumped past my bullet. I got it on the default theme. Now if I can avoid 10 enemies. Seems that every time I get to 9 enemies I hit a point where #10 is an unavoidable one.
riskbreaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #44
Darkabyssmaker

Darkabyssmaker's Gamercard
I don't think I'll ever get this one.
Darkabyssmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #45
MANDY

MANDY EN CAS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OniLink57 View Post
Just jumped on 30 monsters. My score was 104k. Good luck for those who try !

140GS, 9 hours of play for me.
Wow. I don't think I ever gonna achieve this one. My highscore is 65k.

Completed:

3 Retail games | 9 Arcade games | 13 WP7 games
MANDY is offline   Reply With Quote