PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > TMNT 1989 Arcade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 AM   #91
x GrumpyNinja x

x GrumpyNinja x's Gamercard
thanks 4 the guide it worked perfect. im so happy i finally got this one. after so many trys. finally!! thanks again.
x GrumpyNinja x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #92
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
This is confirmed, but I did have to do it 3 times, first 2 times OFFLINE, no achievement, 3rd time ONLINE unlocked, EVADE would not unlock however, no-matter what. My second profile unlocked the 'In The Dark' achievement without falling down any manholes, strange.
Thank goodness for my MADCATZ autofire arcade joystick. the best 7 I ever spent lol
xI VARSITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 AM   #93
crispykiller96

Send a message via MSN to crispykiller96

crispykiller96's Gamercard
Angry fucking bullshit

I just beat this game on xbox live co op and beat shreeder without being tutlesised and GUESS what no fucking achievement i will not be purchasing the new reshelled version as that game will proberly be fucked up to.

ANYONE THINKING ABOUT BUYING THIS GAME DONT DEAD ONLINE GLITCHY ACHIEVEMENTS NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY OR EFFORT WHICH IS A SHAME BECAUSE I REALY LIKE THIS I WOULDNT MIND SO MUCH IT JUST TAKES FOREVER TO GET TO SHREDDSER AGAIN NOT HAPPY AT ALL

Last edited by crispykiller96; 06-28-2010 at 10:54 PM.
crispykiller96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #94
crispykiller96

Send a message via MSN to crispykiller96

crispykiller96's Gamercard
chewys guide doesnt work for me

done exactly what they guy said but i was offline used 2 controllers made my account die at the beginning without moving or killing anyone brought my account back just before crang died with low health then let my account die then brought my account back once the last shredders healmet was off we both survived no achievement i have done this once in single player and twice online im sorry chewy i dont think your guide works everytime maybe its just random thanks anyway
crispykiller96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #95
thedevilman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I tried posting this in its own thread earlier but realized I skipped a step. I have 4 player accounts on my xbox and all 4 now have it (only one is on xbox live however).

Step by Step guide on how to get Turtle Soup:

1) This method only works offline and you must have 4 players start the game. In the first level have three of them die, including the account that you want to get the achievement with. DO NOT KILL ANYONE with the account(s) you want to get the achievement.
2) Progress through the game until you get to Krang with one player. When Krang is near death bring back all 4 turtles and kill krang. Try to get the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement close to death before you kill krang.
3) Upon killing krang make sure that all 4 turtles are alive when shredder comes through the portal
4) He will split into 6 clones of himself. Immediately allow the turtle/account(s) that is/are getting the achievement to be killed without being shrunk
5) Proceed to kill all of the clones with the other turtles that are not getting the achievement, this is done easiest with only one turtle alive playing as leonardo or donatello
6) When it is just you and the real shredder keep attacking him until his helmet comes off
7) Once his helmet is off bring back all 4 turtles, his helmet must be off because when it is he will not use the shrink ray
8) Once you bring back all 4 turtles he will again split into 6 duplicates of himself
9) you may now kill the real shredder, but not with the account(s) who are getting the achievement, and make sure all 4 are alive when you kill him
10) Enjoy your new achievement

Note: DO NOT KILL ANYONE throughout the game with the account(s) you want to get the achievement. In fact, I didn't even move the turtles who were getting it. Just make sure to bring them back right away when they die before killing shredder and krang. Also, this method works both while connected to xbox live and while offline but not while in a multiplater co-cop game

Edit: Apparantly you do not need all 4 players to do this with, only 2. Thus, the steps are all the same except you only need to use two turtles. Thanks to those who pointed this out.

As I said, I verified that this works on 4 different accounts. Twice I got it with raphael, once with Leonardo and once with donatello. Twice I did it with only one account (neither of which were on xbox live) and this last time I did it with the two remaining accounts, including the one you see below.

Good luck to all and YOU ARE VERY WELCOME
Thank you! I was wondering what was up with this. I'll give this a go. Hopefully it works anyhow.
thedevilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #96
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Going to give this achievement a go using this guide. It's the only one I have left. I feel a bit nervous to have to let my account stand there and have Shredder kill him at the beginning of the battle though and risk getting hit with the shrink ray, also nervous that i might not get enough health taken away from Krang's robot beforehand to die quickly enough by Shredder.

It really is amazing how many achievements are glitched in so many games. As long as the requirements are met that are specified in the achievement description, the achievement should unlock, no ifs ands or buts, and I really think Microsoft should enforce this better. It's quite ridiculously easy to program a given game to unlock achievements based on what the descriptions say. Boo to all those developers that tend to lazy their way through the programming of their achievements......

EDIT: Just received the achievement, finally...... I followed the guide exactly and it is definitely key to not move or attack with the profile(s) that is getting the achievement. With this guide, it worked for me first try, finally completed! Big thanks to Chewy on this!

Last edited by Lord of Fate; 08-06-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Lord of Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #97
essfjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ult1ma Weap0n View Post
Well we finally know an easy way to get turtle soup achievement. Start a solo game then sign in a 2nd controller. Don't touch or move player 1 (your gamertag) let the first foot soldier kill player one and dont press any buttons on the first controller so you dont respawn. Now get to krang with player 2 only. Beat krang down untill he's almost dead, now respawn player 1 and let krang hurt him a little bit and then beat krang with player 2. The trick is to be at shredder with player 1 in low health. Now let shredder kill off player one, remember not to move the player one controller at all. Once player one is dead beat off all the shredder clones (doesn't matter if you're turned into a turtle) once the real shredder loses his helmet respawn player one then beat shredder and his new helmetless clones with player 2. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Remember dont move or kill anyone with player one and shredder has to kill you once.
haha this was easier to follow then the original guide posted. thanks got the achievement first try! now all i have left is beat shredder online and a few single player achievements thanks :]
essfjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:16 AM   #98
RyanMushr00ms

Send a message via AIM to RyanMushr00ms

z0mbiekittehx3's Gamercard
i think its bullshit when i did it legit and no stupid achievement. ima do the glitch later, but i went through the whole game and whooped shredders ass without being lasered.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #99
makecrack

KillCamCarl's Gamercard
thanks for the glitch guide i am going to try this out. This game is just horrible! im not sure if i remembered it incorrectly from 89-90 or what, but never have i played a game that i broke TWO 360 controllers out of frustration! Im hoping they can be gutted and parts swapped out so i have one that works but omfg this game is so broken I hate it.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 AM   #100
crackedeggs1

crackedeggs1's Gamercard
I knew there had to be some "trick" to getting these "lose less than x health" achievements and the soup one. Thanks, will be doing this with my sister tomorrow.
crackedeggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #101
ShaolinAfro

Snakeeyez601's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ult1ma Weap0n View Post
Well we finally know an easy way to get turtle soup achievement. Start a solo game then sign in a 2nd controller. Don't touch or move player 1 (your gamertag) let the first foot soldier kill player one and dont press any buttons on the first controller so you dont respawn. Now get to krang with player 2 only. Beat krang down untill he's almost dead, now respawn player 1 and let krang hurt him a little bit and then beat krang with player 2. The trick is to be at shredder with player 1 in low health. Now let shredder kill off player one, remember not to move the player one controller at all. Once player one is dead beat off all the shredder clones (doesn't matter if you're turned into a turtle) once the real shredder loses his helmet respawn player one then beat shredder and his new helmetless clones with player 2. ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED. Remember dont move or kill anyone with player one and shredder has to kill you once.
Just posting here to say that this method works! Finally got the achievement (was logged on Xbox Live at the time).
ShaolinAfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #102
AaronH

Azzaa Eu's Gamercard
Excellent work on the guide chewy thanks alot!
AaronH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #103
HATRID

HATRID REMAINS's Gamercard
yay chewyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
nice one m8
HATRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #104
Diamondslugz

Diamondslugz's Gamercard
What is up with this achievement.. Im just glad for this game.. childhood memories
Diamondslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:11 AM   #105
nekokari

Nekokari's Gamercard
BLARG!!!! I am currently trying to get this achievement with my friend and Danm it to hell.

one thing i notice is that you can't have any kills with the character that's going for the achievement, anyone know why?
Old 08-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #106
CanuckLefty

canucklefty's Gamercard

Got it! The key is to not move "Player 1" whatsoever. You can die at the hands of Krang or Shredder as many times as need be, but I got it on my third attempt. In the previous two, I had a buddy move Player 1 around for me as to have him alive between Krang/Shredder. Let him be. I died at least five times at Shredder's hands as Player 2 was killing the clones, but, it all came out in the wash.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #107
CanuckLefty

canucklefty's Gamercard

I used my roommate's GT on the second (dummy) controller. He does not have gold. Again, I can not stress enough, the key was to not move around the first player at all.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #108
Hambone149

Hambone149's Gamercard
This is almost 5 years after Chewy's posted solution...

...But I just wanted to THANK YOU for helping me with this!!! Your method was awesome! Perfectly described.

Finally got the 200G I was hoping to one day get.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #110
Nicholas x

Nicky l 10 l's Gamercard
2pad method works great
{ GT-- Nicky l 10 l } All Friend Request Welcome. More Than Happy To Help if Needed, Just msg Me on Live My Online Stats Are Sick Compare & See Mate. Check Achievements To, Proud of Those Achievements
Nicholas x is offline   Reply With Quote