Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
D!Qn3*

DiQn3's Gamercard
About Seriously

I was wondering what might make the Seriously achievement glitch. I heard something about clearing system cache resets kill count but on leaderboards it stays the same, is that true? I know that I cleared my cache when I was at 400 kills or something. Does recovering gamertag makes it glitch as well? I'm almost at 9000 kills right now, boosted only, played legit only about 2-6 games, just can't be bothered go over 15k+ kills like other people.

Nothing is true, everything is permitted. Live by the Creed!
D!Qn3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
the best answer honestly is nobody knows. I'm at 11,600 kills mostly from playing maybe about 3,000 of it boosted.

One of my friends didnt play a single real match and boosted all his kills. It took him to 12,500 total kills for seriously to unlock.

The only thing to know for sure is when a host quits a match, kills go onto the leaderboard, which in fact do not count towards the achievement. Everything else is pure speculation
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
I so far boosted my kills. Currently at 1,349 and I already had some sessions that were aborted that no one got kills and I had a few where someone dropped out. So, pretty much I am guessing that I probably will unlock it past 10,000 kills especially for weapon kills because I had 18 kills for boomshot in one game and 18 for the next game and someone got disconnected. It was a boosting party too.
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
so if ANYONE quits the game none of the weapon or kills count for the achievements?
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
I found out from experience that if there is less than six people, the kill achievement will glitch along with the weapon achievements. It took me about 150 kills with the Hammer of Dawn because someone dropped out. But also, if you play a certain amount of matches and it gets aborted, the kills go on the leaderboard, but not for the achievement. So, make sure the people you are boosting with have good connections.
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I have a group of 8 people 6 of them never played a single gears match. 1 went to 12181 another was 11827. Before they unlocked. I played 3k kills legit boosted the rest and unlocked at 11331

only one other in the group is over 10k and he is sitting at 11337.

Whenever one of us dropped we just stopped the match and started over. So really there isn't a straight forward answer as to why it doesn't unlock. It's all speculation.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #7
DarkKnight23Q

Dark Knight23Q's Gamercard
Got it @ 14600
DarkKnight23Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
a lot of people are saying now that the last match of session won't count, so if you played 4 matches in a boosting session, and got 37 kills each time, the last match/37 kills won't count, so what pretty much everyone has been doing in sessions is after the 'last' match, they play a 1 round match and that way you may get negated 1 kill, so it's better to be safe than sorry. worst that happens is it stays glitched but you get 1 extra kill lol
l Zleek l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
G2covers

G2covers's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au Asterix View Post
so if ANYONE quits the game none of the weapon or kills count for the achievements?
if there are only six of you, yes.

the way i remember it, which ties in with my own experience in getting this achievement (popped at 14.337), is Rod Ferguson confirmed on EPIC's forums ages ago that kills in games which finished with fewer than 6 players would not count.

so if you have 8 players one drop-out won't matter, or even two. it's just finishing with fewer than six which screws you over. this is particularly relevant for boosting as you may well only be starting with six and any connection problems will blow the whole match. this happened several times to us when boosting with 3 Xboxes each.

haven't heard about the final match in a session thing mentioned in the post above but that seems like excellent advice to throw in a 1-round match at the end.

XBLA 100%: [8] WARP | Limbo | Brain Challenge | Chessmaster | Portal: Still Alive | Sonic 2 | The Walking Dead | Wordament (iOS)
G2covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
floridafan765

floridafan765's Gamercard
how does the community feel about glitching seriously if one HAS what the description says..10,000 ranked kills total. im at 8600 now and i want the achievement when i get 10,000 and not have to anxiously wait for it to unlock whenever it feels like it.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
G2covers

G2covers's Gamercard
well, it's up to you at the end of the day. regardless of the rules it's no-one's place to tell you what to do. my opinion however...

don't cheat yourself out of it. yes, it should have unlocked at 10,000 for everyone but it didn't. moreover, it didn't really unlock at 10K for anyone. a lot of pain went into this for a lot of people but at the other end that translates into serious satisfaction. if you glitch at 10K you might as well have glitched at 10. all the other time is wasted. but none of it is wasted if you keep going.

it WILL pop eventually and maybe sooner than you think. i boosted all bar c.270 kills and logged all the ones that didn't "count" (fewer than 400). it didn't pop for me until 14,337 and yet my boosting partner (just the two of us with three Xboxes each) had about 1,000 kills from real games and it popped for him before 12,000. stick with it and you'll have the same achievement everyone else has. and when it pops it will be worth the extra time.

XBLA 100%: [8] WARP | Limbo | Brain Challenge | Chessmaster | Portal: Still Alive | Sonic 2 | The Walking Dead | Wordament (iOS)

Last edited by G2covers; 10-07-2012 at 08:06 PM.
G2covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #12
DigitALxBullets

DigitALxBullets's Gamercard
Exclamation New xbox Question!

I have heared that if you start playing on another xbox(New Slim), you have to start you count allover again, is this true?, if so my brother will have to start again and he has 12,500+ kills "LEGIT" and he's not a booster, infact he hates boosters, see's us as noobs, but the fact is boosters offten boost games because of the lack of legit gamers to hold a match, because the community has moved on.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
Philo

Actually the achievements aren't glitched directly.
The game saves the stats twice. Once to the leaderboards and once to your profile.

The problem from the game is that the achievements aren't related to the leaderboards stats, but to the stats inside your profile.
The leaderboard stats always update no matter how the match ends, but the stats in the profile will only update at the end of the match.

That means you can have 19000 kills at the leaderboard, but only 8000 in your profile. That is so because the most matches ends with a quit. Also sometimes title updates and freezes mess up the profile save progress and reset all your achievement stats.

Also you can play on any console, because the achievement related stats are saved in your profile. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Philo; 10-14-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Philo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #14
Kevlar281

I got it at 12,054. I played when it was popular so there was no need to boost. If you have to organize to get a game going then do what you got to do.

I played 19 Rounds of Execution on Raven Down exclusively. I had less than a 100 kills on the other game types.

I never cleared my cache or did an account recovery. All my kills were done on the same console.

The only time I ever "quit" was due to an internet disconnect or power outrage.

Good Luck

Last edited by Kevlar281; 10-26-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Kevlar281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #15
DigitALxBullets

DigitALxBullets's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo View Post
Actually the achievements aren't glitched directly.
The game saves the stats twice. Once to the leaderboards and once to your profile.

The problem from the game is that the achievements aren't related to the leaderboards stats, but to the stats inside your profile.
The leaderboard stats always update no matter how the match ends, but the stats in the profile will only update at the end of the match.

That means you can have 19000 kills at the leaderboard, but only 8000 in your profile. That is so because the most matches ends with a quit. Also sometimes title updates and freezes mess up the profile save progress and reset all your achievement stats.

Also you can play on any console, because the achievement related stats are saved in your profile. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the Info.