Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
Lord Vinny

Vinny136's Gamercard
Free weapon giveaway.

On Darksiders (THQ)'s Facebook they are giving out Codes to get Rusanov's Axe. The Axe that won in the Create a Weapon Axe contest back in April I think. You can only obtain 1 code per account I believe. You input the code where you would redeem your stuff like Microsoft Points for the 360. And wherever for the PS3 lol. Steam its the place where you'd input a code to DL the game.

https://www.facebook.com/Darksiders/app_412080318827801

EDIT: Also, here's a link on how to get all the Special Weapons from the Create a Weapon contest.

http://www.darksiders.com/promotions

Last edited by Lord Vinny; 08-11-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Lord Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
Pyrochaos

AOS Pyrochaos's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up.

Pyrochaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard
yeah, one more free piece of loot to feed to a possessed weapon down the line
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #4
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thank you for this. Another free weapon I can use tonight. :3 It's cool you get two weapons ingame for linking your account with THQ.

Last edited by xxJUSTINxx; 08-11-2012 at 03:38 AM.
xxJUSTINxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
FLIPADELPHIIA

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
Thank you for this. Another free weapon I can use tonight. :3 It's cool you get two weapons ingame for linking your account with THQ.
I only got 1 weapon. But you get better weapons almost immediately. Im already using an ax that does crazy damage. This game is fucking amazing btw.

Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 08-11-2012 at 04:20 AM.
FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm probably being really stupid here, but how do you get the free weapons? I can't see anything about that on the page the top link takes you to. Do I need to like the page or something else? Confused.com
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
xxJUSTINxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
I only got 1 weapon. But you get better weapons almost immediately. Im already using an ax that does crazy damage. This game is fucking amazing btw.
I linked my account but I don't see any code to redeem the weapons. I know one you have to wait till release. Where did you find yours?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Thanks for the heads up about the free weapons. I got the one from Facebook easily. But I can't seem to get the other 2 from linking your account. Do you have to do in-game? I thought about trying to register on the Darksiders site. But when I tried to fill out the information, it was all in German. I was set to US (English) at the top of the page. So I think it might be a little glitched at the moment as far as registration goes. If anyone knows for sure how to get the Mace Maximus and Van Der Schmash please post so we'll all know. Thanks. Those weapons look amazing btw. Can this game get any more epic?

Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Yeah ive registered in game and received the email saying " thanks for buying darksiders 2 follow these links and sign in with your thq account to receive the redeem codes" yet when i click on the link in the email it says "url does not exsist"

For van der schmash :
www.darksiders.com/register

For mace maximus :
www.darksiders.com/mace

Also did anyone get the 2 free unlocks for playing darksiders 1 ? im 90% i havent and i have the full 1000g and save on my HDD

Edit: also through the promotions bit i logged in and clicked on mace it says succesful and the code is below ..... yet there is no code? maybe its because it isnt released date yet..... i dunno. Also liking the facebook page didnt load up a code? i even made a new facebook using the same email as my xbl account and still nothing when i liked the page.

Last edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll; 08-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
ll Mr Bubbles ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
ll Mr Bubbles ll

.... managed to get the code for van de smash item, the mace now says "it will be emailed to when codes become available" and the facebook axe ive gave up as ive liked it on my accounts and nothing popped up or showed any codes...

Also after searching the net to find out why facebook axe code doesnt show, its US only :'( the op should add that in the opening post.

Edit = Confirmed that a uk ip will not unlock the codes on FB , simply use a VPN to hide it and it works fine... just got my code silly facebook thinks im american

Last edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll; 08-11-2012 at 01:22 PM.
ll Mr Bubbles ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
UberPirateNinja

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Well that stinks! FU THQ!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
FLIPADELPHIIA

To get your items, you have to talk to a lady with a blindfold on in that area where you first meet that guy that can train you. You have to go around the dialog wheel and then it will come up. Ill be more specific when I get back to that area

Old 08-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #13
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
Well that stinks! FU THQ!
Just use a vpn to hide your ip if your from europe then go on the FB page and the code works fine. or ill pm you one
Old 08-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
UberPirateNinja

That sounds a bit beyond my knowledge, I barely know what a VPN is, never mind how to set one up! Lol
Old 08-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
SoloistProdigy

SoloistProdigy's Gamercard
Quote:
That sounds a bit beyond my knowledge, I barely know what a VPN is, never mind how to set one up! Lol
Me either mate, is sucks we can't get this weapon. I only created a facebook account to get this code!

Edit- Sent a msg to their official facebook earlier and just received a reply saying it's a global offer and they are looking into the prob

Xbox Gamercards

Last edited by SoloistProdigy; 08-11-2012 at 04:07 PM.
SoloistProdigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
FLIPADELPHIIA

Ok you have to talk to Muria to get your weapons. At least the ones from beating DS1

Old 08-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
Lord Vinny

Vinny136's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
Thanks for the heads up about the free weapons. I got the one from Facebook easily. But I can't seem to get the other 2 from linking your account. Do you have to do in-game? I thought about trying to register on the Darksiders site. But when I tried to fill out the information, it was all in German. I was set to US (English) at the top of the page. So I think it might be a little glitched at the moment as far as registration goes. If anyone knows for sure how to get the Mace Maximus and Van Der Schmash please post so we'll all know. Thanks. Those weapons look amazing btw. Can this game get any more epic?
To get the Mace and the Van Der Schmash Hammer you gotta link the game with your THQ account. Or for the Hammer you gotta DL this Darksiders App.

Also remember, I'm sure these will be available to buy in the future on the shops. But who knows.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vinny View Post
To get the Mace and the Van Der Schmash Hammer you gotta link the game with your THQ account. Or for the Hammer you gotta DL this Darksiders App.

Also remember, I'm sure these will be available to buy in the future on the shops. But who knows.
Oh so you have to actually have the game booted up and then do it from the main menu? If that's the case then I understand. I thought you were able to do it before actually having the game. Like the Facebook weapon. I'll go ahead and register with the site then. That way I can link them on Tuesday when I start playing.

Thanks to Flip for letting us know which NPC to talk to in order to get the weapons. That's good to know. I wasn't sure if maybe they'd just magically show up in your inventory at the start of the game or if you'd have to go to a special location to get them. So it's good to know for sure.

EDIT: I just checked and I was already registered on the THQ site. I just forgot my password. After fixing that issue I discovered the answer to my question. You do have link the accounts from in-game. So we have to wait until Tuesday.

Completed: 68 Retail Games and 6 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC

Last edited by BloodGodAlucard; 08-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Quote:
Sent u a code in a pm
Old 08-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
UberPirateNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Mr Bubbles ll View Post
Sent u a code in a pm
Yeah, thought I replied! Cheers either way, much appreciated
Old 08-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
xxJUSTINxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Mr Bubbles ll View Post
Yeah ive registered in game and received the email saying " thanks for buying darksiders 2 follow these links and sign in with your thq account to receive the redeem codes" yet when i click on the link in the email it says "url does not exsist"

For van der schmash :
www.darksiders.com/register

For mace maximus :
www.darksiders.com/mace

Also did anyone get the 2 free unlocks for playing darksiders 1 ? im 90% i havent and i have the full 1000g and save on my HDD

Edit: also through the promotions bit i logged in and clicked on mace it says succesful and the code is below ..... yet there is no code? maybe its because it isnt released date yet..... i dunno. Also liking the facebook page didnt load up a code? i even made a new facebook using the same email as my xbl account and still nothing when i liked the page.

You get the Darksiders 1 unlock by talking to a lady that can see the future. SHe gives you them as a gift.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #22
SoloistProdigy

SoloistProdigy's Gamercard
The Free app for the RUSANOV'S AXE is now available for people in UK, just got my code there now from facebook

Xbox Gamercards
SoloistProdigy is online now   Reply With Quote