PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Brave: The Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Amazon XD

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Tip For Beating Giant Fire Warthog on Brave Difficulty

Okay, this is by far the most annoying portion of the game.
You get all the way to the last tiered battle, only to be stopped by the second boss; the giant fire pig. Be sure your ice arrow and shit is fully upgraded, as well as health potions.

Now, instead of running around him in circles like the guide states, stick your ass to the bottom edge of the map. What you do is lead him around the bottom rim of the map, shooting ice arrows at him while you backpedal the entire time. He wont be able to charge because he's too big to form a fast straight line when you're that close to the edge.

When I say close to the edge, I mean CLOSE. Eventually he will be able to shoot a straight line at you. When that happens, try to turn around and go the other way, but turn TOWARDS the bottom edge. If you fall off, you lose barely any health and you're where you want to be. Otherwise, you'll get hit by him and lose half of your health.

Seriously, this all you have to do. If the little fire pigs come at you, just kill them with one charged ice arrow. You should be moving quick enough that the spear guys won't be able to hit you.
Arcade- 24
Most Proud of- First in the World for Duke Nukem 3D.

Most Recent Complete- Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Amazon XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Good idea. Thanks. A few times I got glitches and stuck in the side on the cliff though.
When I beat this boss he never charged and just walked around me in a semi-circle.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Morbious17

Send a message via MSN to Morbious17

Morbious17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Is it weird that the fire warthog is the only final boss I didn't die on at all? :P
Old 07-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
DarkWyn

DarkWyn's Gamercard
if anyone else has any additional tips for this boss, I'd love the feedback.
I've been trying to beat this bastard since 2pm and it's nearly 6:30 now. I've got my potions fully upgraded (( not that it helps since NONE ever drop )) and my Ice arrows as well.
I've tried both the run around strat from the guide and the hug bottom edge and nothing is working for me. Is co-op a viable option to beat this thing? Cause' at this point I can't see any other way for me to pull this off. Nothing I do works. =(
DarkWyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
flucero

L Zeira L's Gamercard
Yes, I had the same problem. I finally realized that charged shots at the pig boss wasn't gong to be successful so then just started following the rim of the map all the wile aiming my ice bow at him and killed him with single shots. worked for me.
flucero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
Waynimus

waynimus's Gamercard
Videos here for Flaming Warthog sequence, as well as the very end boss sequence.

http://www.msxbox-world.com/forums/t...hrough-videos/

Last edited by Waynimus; 08-12-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Waynimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #7
tarekegypt

tarekegypt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Member of the Month   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
use your sword!
Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
comoqueyaesta

all perfect
thanks
comoqueyaesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
AWC GOTTI

AWC GOTTI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekegypt View Post
use your sword!
x2

USE YOUR SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Took me 45 seconds to rape him with the sword

youtube.com/AWCDynamic
AWC GOTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #10
Ali Redfield

Ali Redfield's Gamercard
Yeah this was the most difficult achievement for me.Just use your sword and fully upgrade your power attack.
Ali Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
NICKYG2X3

NICKYG2X3's Gamercard
What about the very last rock boss?

What about the very last rock boss plz?
Do i just leg it up the cliff? Or wot? They r proper hard?

i beat the fire rhino eventually. Dayumm he was tough lol
NICKYG2X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #12
atari

AtariWiz's Gamercard
Thank you for the tip. I'm still on this boss two days later; however, I am getting closer to beating it.

Last edited by atari; 01-17-2013 at 06:36 AM.
atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
What I did was, run around the edge of the arena. The fire pig would not be able to charge at me because I was constantly moving and there was no space. At some points the fire pig would sneak a charge attack at me so I would dodge it or jump of the arena. As for the smaller pigs, I would hit them with a charged ice attack which kills them in 1-hit. The spear enemies were the least of my worries as I was moving to quickly for them to hit me. It took me 3 deaths to kill the fire pig. All other bosses were cake.

If it helps I also did this in co op. I had my brother constantly shooting ice arrows at the enemies causing a distraction. Using co op for the last level bosses really help out. Doing it in co op does not void any achievements.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #14
Cully

Cullyz0rz's Gamercard
Just here to reiterate what everyone says...

* Play on co-op if you can. Get your partner to concentrate on the big boss
* Concentrate ONLY on the big boss - The others keep spawning.... Don't waste your time unless you need a health potion and they are right beside you (but use your sword).
* Stick to the edge and fall off if you are trapped by the boars charge - it loses you way less health
* USE YOUR SWORD - This kills the small boars and big boar far faster. Yes you can die quickly too, but it's a hell of a lot easier than running around dodging boars and jumping over fire trails. If you are bashing the big boar and little boars come close, bash them as you might get a health potion out of it.
* Upgrade your stuff.. If you are really having difficulty, it might be worth leaving and replaying some other levels to upgrade your stuff before coming back to it. Make sure you at least have all collectibles as they make a huge difference.

I stopped trying to dodge and just mashed sword at the bottom edge of the map and I got it within 10 deaths. I know this sounds bad, but it's a hell of a lot less frustrating because each death is quick. If you dodge and try to pick off the smaller guys first, it will take ages and be a hell of a lot more annoying because of the effort taken to do it. When mashing sword, just make sure you don't get hit by the big boar's charge. Fall off instead... it takes a lot less health off. One charge takes off a huge chunk.

Good Luck... I spent an hour on the fire boss alone.
Cully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Lara Croft

LaraCroftAngel's Gamercard
Talking

Finally got the warthog. I did double roll first (left trigger twice) to keep my distance and charged bow shots as I made my way around the perimeter. Tough battle!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft View Post
Finally got the warthog. I did double roll first (left trigger twice) to keep my distance and charged bow shots as I made my way around the perimeter. Tough battle!
ended up doing the same thing because the ledge trick was getting me killed I would get stuck in a loop of falling off the ledge until I died. I just charged the bow and shot the big guy and dodged the little ones best as I could took almost all of my health but it's done.

oh and for those having trouble with the harpy or the rock boss just focus on the little guys as they do eventually stop spawning.

not a lot of places to hide for the harpy so charged earth shots are best.

same goes for the rock boss. stay at the bottom where you spawned and just hug the wall and charge the earth bows. when you shoot the bow the minions should spawn on top of the ledge and you should only have the birds to worry about. it takes a few minutes before they stop spawning but they do stop. When they do stop spawning don't go all the way up to the top just far enough so you can shoot the rock boss, he shouldn't move or throw things at you if he is you are to close.

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #17
Jump Joker

Jump Joker's Gamercard
I tried the bottom edge trick several times. The second method of running around the edge in a circle worked in two tries.
Jump Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
NorthernLass

Northern Lass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
thanks for the tips only took me a few hours!