Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Finalcell

Ruzty5's Gamercard
So this is my second go at this game...

So I started playing this game when it was new, but after a while I kinda just stopped playing. I got as far as the "Sledge: the Mine Key" quest, right after you aquire the key and go into the new zone to "The Legend of Moe and Marley" and some other quests.

Is it just me, or does the game suddenly get alot harder? I mean thus far it's had a pretty decent climb in difficulty to match you level, having in mind you've done all the quests supplied to you. But as of now everything I get is either yellow or orange.

Is this a once in the game kinda thing, or does this happen often? Because to be honest it kinda bums me out when I spend more money on ammo and dying than I actually get from killing monsters and doing quests.

It's the second time I've reached this point in the game, and it's still the same way I remember it. Really annoying, because it's a really fun game up til this point.
Finalcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
As you level up, so do the AI in the game. But so does your weapons. That's why it always helps to hunt, swap and sell your extra stuff. And keep your best weapons.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
As you level up, so do the AI in the game. But so does your weapons. That's why it always helps to hunt, swap and sell your extra stuff. And keep your best weapons.
Yeah, this exactly. I haven't found it too bad myself, just take a little more care with your strategies. Pick the right kind of weapon for the right situation.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I didn't find it hard at all. Just do all the side missions you can to level up before continuing with main quests. Pick the ones that have the lowest recommend rank too. If you have the DLC, when you get to the Sledge part, start the Zombie DLC or Claptrap DLC. They're both recommended for level 15 I believe, and when you finish one you'll be a much higher level and destroy the Sledge quest.

I'm doing my third playthrough of the game now and I haven't started the Sledge quest, but I did the Zombie DLC and I'm level 21 now. I'm sure killing Sledge will be no problem.

Also, the fact that you have the second chance thing when you die makes things really easy.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You mean Arid Hills?

That area is pretty brutal when you first go there. Sometimes in my runs I'm still underleveled for the area after completing all the possible side quests up until then.

Oh, and if you found Arid Hills to be difficult... Good luck with Sledge's Safehouse. In all my runs I've always been underleveled for this area. Usually I'm at level 12 or 13 and the enemies are around 15 and you're forced to fight in a cramped area.

If you need help you can send me an FR and I'll help you out when I can. Arid Hills and the Safehouse tend to be one of the more difficult parts of the game, especially if you're new to the game. I might have to make a new character and get it up to that point in the story if you want me to help though, though it won't take long.
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
NocturneManiac

ChronoAssassin's Gamercard
You can easily overpower these enemies if you level up enough. You will eventually be higher than them and can easily take them out. Since this is your first playthrough, the enemies shouldn't really scale with your level, they will eventually be vastly outclasses by you.

Like mentioned, work on all of the side quests available before you tackle the story missions. You can also work on challenges, that you can view in the mission selecting screen by pressing Y (?). They range from killing a certain number of enemies like skags and rakk, getting enough kills from a certain weapon, selling/buying a number of items, X number of elemental kills, etc. They give you bonus XP for completing them. Best to do it early in the game anyway since the XP is too small to notice later on. Obviously, some of the really high number challenges are not worth wasting time doing as you will eventually get them as you play.

Also, elemental weapons makes things a lot easier. If you get a good fire based weapon, most enemies in this game will be toast, outside of fire aligned enemies like Moe (?), Flame Psychos, Badass Fire Skags, etc. They burn through anything 'flesh-related', so human enemies don't stand a chance.

If you're not above farming for weapons/cash, you can simply find a nearby spot a red chest or two and check to see what's inside. Then, if you quit out and restart the game, everything will reset and you'll have saved whatever you took/sold and can search again, checking new vending machine stocks as well. This way, you can find some really great gear to use, even some nice legendary weapons later on.

NocturneManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
You want to be the suggested level for each quest. Killing Skagzilla at level 7 is much harder than say 15-20(?).

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote