PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Fable: The Journey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
gandalf

gandalf6265's Gamercard
Any other fable fans feeling betrayed?

I have been a hardcore fable fan since fable 1. I played all the games and all the dlc I did every quest and every easter egg and everything all the games had to offer and I loved it all. I mean fable 3 did feel a little less like an RPG than the others but it was still good but fable the journey is like a slap in the face. It's nothing like fable should be and I feel like lionhead is just jumping on the kinect bandwagon for moneys sake rather than for us the players. Bad as this game looks I would still give it a try if it weren't for the kinect which I won't buy just for this game.
gandalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
Hutchy27

hutchy27's Gamercard
Yeah I feel betray, I never played the first one been trying to find it for a reasonable price but cheapest I found was over 30. bought the second and all the dlc loved it. preorder 3rd and got collecter edition, was disappointed but still bought dlc.

and now they do this! I thought they would make up for there mistake but they decided to keep coming instead of trying to dig there way out of the hole they made they decided to dig down in hope of buried treasure..
Hutchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
FireWarrior316

FireWarrior316's Gamercard
I feel betrayed as well. I have been a fan of the series since the beginning. PM has made promises, not fulfilled them. I have still stuck by the game series. Even with some horrible glitches that occurred in 2 and 3 I have looked past them and now they pull this crap. If this was Fable 4 and actually looked good I would buy it but until Fable 4 comes out I guess I am done with the series.
FireWarrior316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchy27 View Post
Yeah I feel betray, I never played the first one been trying to find it for a reasonable price but cheapest I found was over 30. bought the second and all the dlc loved it. preorder 3rd and got collecter edition, was disappointed but still bought dlc.

and now they do this! I thought they would make up for there mistake but they decided to keep coming instead of trying to dig there way out of the hole they made they decided to dig down in hope of buried treasure..
I never had the original xbox either, so I played it immediately before Fable 2.(Though I bought 2 first.) Unless your an avid collector of the series, you should do what I did and buy it from xbox originals.

Anyways hopefully their next main game doesn't have kinect at all, but it's becoming more and more likely it will at least have kinect features.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
This whole series can go suck one! Forever let down and disappointed by it. Aside from the very few good things, there wasn't enough to make me care for this game or the 4th. I just got fed up and annoyed, with the 3rd game. Felt like a chore to complete.

RIP The Matt36, Rise MP NEMO36!
Matt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
BabyJ

BabyJ669's Gamercard
I've also played all the fable series and have been very disappointed by fable 3 but it was playable and after a while it stopped bothering me that it was so different from the others. After seeing the trailer for the forth, I don't think I'll even give it a try. Looks like a waste of money
BabyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
kall5ter

Send a message via MSN to kall5ter

Wintringham1995's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
It would sell way more if it wasn't on Kinect, i bought my xbox so i could sit and chill, not stand and jump about.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
nayR2012

nayr2012's Gamercard
Enjoyed all the Fable games. Far from perfect, but very fun in all. Fable the Journey isn't your typical Fable game. You arn't the hero from the beginning. It's one characters adventure in a world we've known and loved.

Being able to explore Albion in a new way will be a fun experience. A new story to sink into. For any fan of the series who already has a kinect its at least worth checking out.
if only I had time to kill.
nayR2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
xDavidLovesXnox

xDrashie's Gamercard
Fable: The Lost Chapter was/is the best game i've ever played!
Do i feel betrayed? YES!
xDavidLovesXnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
Steelstick
Why so serious?

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I played Fable 2 and loved it.
I played Fable 3 and liked it.
I bought the first Fable and LOVED it.

Now this. Damn you Lionhead.

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Steelstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard
Wonder why nobody mentions Fable Heroes, that's not a typical Fable game either. Sounds like hating one but not the other to me.

Self Proclaimed Most Hated Member in the X360A Community.

Last edited by CHIRUNO99; 08-26-2012 at 08:50 AM.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
Kunduz

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Felt betrayed even after the first game(damn you, Molyneux). Yet I kept on buying them, but this is the last straw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #13
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
At least it didn't go to the PS3.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #14
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I have 2 & 3 but I may stop with them because I liked 3 less than 2. I never wanted to play the first one. We got 2 for my wife and I got hooked. But betrayed, nah.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
Lbrun12415

Send a message via AIM to Lbrun12415 Send a message via Yahoo to Lbrun12415

No Dice Soldier's Gamercard
Garbage, this game is garbage i can't believe they even bothered finishing this after the creator left. I know i'm going to get flamed for this but i'll have the last laugh when you'll agree with after buying the game.
Lbrun12415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This is happening to much for me when it comes to games. The first one is really amazing and you think finally something great has been made and then they start screwing it up. For me like AC the first two were amazing just like the first two Fables and then they added MP to AC and start shipping them out every year. Same crap new story! It's like they forget about what the fans enjoy but they don't care and change what they want.

Even Fable 3 story sucked because you knew what was gonna happen and basically how it was gonna end. It's like no thought even went into Fable 3 they were more concerned about getting money. Molyneux even said he didn't wanna create new weapons for Fable 3 but make the weapons evolve, to me that is laziness.

Yeah I feel betrayed!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #17
SilentRich69

SilentRich69's Gamercard
I was betrayed ever since fable II came out and then it just gets worse.
SilentRich69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad's Gamercard
I love how people base their opinion off of....what exactly. You have not played the game. How about you give the game a chance. Also, this is not continueation of the Fable series. It is not that, it is not Fable 4, it is a 'spin-off', a game set in the Fable universe. That is like saying I hate Star Wars now because of Force Unlesashed is about a new jedi and story arch, or I am betrayed by Halo because Halo Wars is an RTS. Just silly.

Fable has the recent spin off arcade title, fable coin golf on windows phones, and now a kinect title. Hold your dissapointment until the next fable in the 'series' is released on the next xbox. Then after you 'play it' you can complain.

Last edited by MastrMeatWad; 10-04-2012 at 10:22 PM.
MastrMeatWad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #19
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard
It's just, everyone who is saying The Journey is betraying the series, hasn't even said a word about Fable Heroes, which actually makes something good of the universe. Not great, but definitely good.

To be honest, I'm willing to try it. Whether or not I do depends on eventually when I get Kinect.

Self Proclaimed Most Hated Member in the X360A Community.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #20
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Why would you feel betrayed? Its not like fable is kinect only now... fable 4 is still coming out. This was just a side game. Besides this is the best kinect game to date.
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
xD Rick
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to xD Rick

xD Rick's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by osakamitsu View Post
Why would you feel betrayed? Its not like fable is kinect only now... fable 4 is still coming out. This was just a side game. Besides this is the best kinect game to date.
Truly, my friend.
After playing it for 2 hours, I can say its the best kinect title so far, speaking of kinect controls.
At least the best Ive played.
xD Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
Mudplugger

Mudplugger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD Rick View Post
Truly, my friend.
After playing it for 2 hours, I can say its the best kinect title so far, speaking of kinect controls.
At least the best Ive played.
I wouldn't say it was the best Kinect game so far, I've had lots and lots of fun with both K-Sports titles, The Gunstringer & Eden.

But I've been playing this for over 6 hours now and it's still going which no other campagn based Kinect game can claim.

Did have a few sensor problems at the start, until I ditched the couch and sat on a dining chair. This has all but elimiated any initial problems the Kinect had with seeing my movements.

As for feeling betrayed, Fable III did that for me, the whole second half of that was just crap. Sitting around waiting for the rent to come in so I had enough gold to bail out the kingdom - Lame.

I'll reserve judgement on Journey until I've finished it, but all the concerns I had about the control system not cutting the mustard are all gone now I've played it.
Mudplugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:00 AM   #23
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
The first fable game was ok but the after playing fable 2 I didnt even bother with fable 3. They make the game way to easy. Maybe using a connect will make it more of a challenge (because the movements you want to do wont work).
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #24
Fatdog86

Fatdog86's Gamercard
I don't feel betrayed, especially because it's nice to see them putting out an original idea for fable. after a while all the story lines became way too predictable, and besides a new hero and bigger cities, it was the same game over and over. This is entirely original gameplay and storyline put together.
Fatdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #25
Purified N Fire

Purified N Fire's Gamercard
It's a great Kinect title that has great controls. It is by far one of the better games that is not a Sports based title. It is a great Kinect title so feeling betrayed by this game is like, as another post put it, like comparing Halo Wars to Halo. It is a spin off of a great franchise but not in line with the same franchise. Feel free to critique but don't hate simply because it is a Kinect title.
Purified N Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
jedimomhg5

jedimomhg5's Gamercard
Great Kinect game and I am loving it so far. I love all the fable games to date and I am a fan of any good game kinect or not. This game is very story driven so far and the controls are great. For once they have made a game specifically for those people who have been complaining about jumping around in kinect games and your still complaining? Hate kinect all you want but stop complaining about a game you haven't even played just because its a kinect game.
jedimomhg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #27
COTTERS3000

COTTERS3000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kall5ter View Post
It would sell way more if it wasn't on Kinect, i bought my xbox so i could sit and chill, not stand and jump about.
If you had played the game you would know that it's played sitting down and not jumping about as you put it
COTTERS3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #28
TotalBlank

xxChemical's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
I played Fable 2 and loved it.
I played Fable 3 and liked it.
I bought the first Fable and LOVED it.

Now this. Damn you Lionhead.

Almost the same as you.

Played Fable II, loved it.

Bought Fable: TLC on eBay, couldn't play it with my 4GB slim (thanks for the big F YOU Microsoft for not letting people know outright that the HDD wouldn't support Xbox originals) so I went out and got a HDD just to play it and enjoyed it a lot.

Fable III comes out, I spaz out like omg omg omg!!111, almost pre-ordered limited edition etc.. but didn't have the money. I buy it brand new at the store with some minor DLC content included in the box and I buy a limited edition Fable III controller with DLC freebies inside, was severely disappointed because it's predecessors being much muuuuuch better. I had a great time playing it and even bought the DLC when I noticed it was on special one day.

Fable: The Journey.. Kinect? First things first, it's junk and way over priced if you didn't get it with your 360 Slim as a bundle, even then it's probably been used the first few days on Kinect Adventures/Sports and collected dust since like mine has. The fact that they knew how disappointing Fable III was and they made a budget, time and members their studio develop this fully knowing the Kinect is terrible way to deliver a video game to the masses is absolutely mind boggling. At this point I'm about ready to blow off Fable IV entirely even if it does manage to see the light of day. Even if Fable II was amazing, Fable III didn't improve on anything and was riddled with even more game breaking bugs.

/end.sadrant

ps. I forgot to say I will be buying it for my girlfriend most likely because she loves the lore and the characters and all that as much as I do and I'm probably thinking it will be less painful easier to sit through the bad controls with her.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #29
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
First things first, I find it a tad disappointing that anyone can feel betrayed by a company when it isn't your intellectual property. You don't have to like what they're doing with the games, but you certainly have no real right to feel "betrayed". It was Molyneuxs' IP (now whoever is running Lionhead and answering to Microsoft), it was his call. At least use the word "disappointed" instead of "betrayed". That makes it sound less self-entitled on the gamers' part, honestly.

That aside, I'm perfectly fine with this game being on the Kinect. I did have my reservations at first, but having played through it to almost completion (2 achievements left now), I can honestly say I'm happier with it than I was with Fable III. While III had more clever references, The Journey deals far more with the main chunk of important lore than III ever thought to touch on. The controls aren't as horrendous as everyone seems to assume they are; just don't flail about and it'll control perfectly well.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #30
devul

SRT8devul's Gamercard
It's not that bad guys...

I played through the whole game and the only issues I have are the length and replay-ablility of the game. I do wish it had a little longer story, especially considering the $60 price tag (which I didn't pay- thank you Microsoft pre-order). The only other issue I have is the fact that once the game is over, it's really over. I loaded up the finished game and it started me all over again with none of my levels or experience.

I thought the controls worked fairly well, especially the shard spell. Having to wave my hand to make the fireball took too long during the more intense enemy waves.

I mentioned a few other minor glitches in another post, but all-in-all I liked the game as a Kinect title. I really don't think this is the end of the Fable story. My guess is that Lionhead will continue the series without Molyneux and the next title will be an RPG with our new friend Gabriel as the guide to our hero.
devul is offline   Reply With Quote