PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders 2
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
ajennice
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,904

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
not feeling it....

Don't know how far along I am, but I'm 20 minutes into the "tree of death".. Good game, but find it repetitious. Maybe b/c I played for about 7 hrs straight today...LOL.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,499

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
cool story, bro.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
The Bum-Mobile
 
The Bum-Mobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,067

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No, no, this is good. This is input.

But yeah you're probably experiencing burnout. Very few games aren't affected by it...

Otherwise, had you played the first game before this? From what I understand some people found repetition to be an issue in the first. Not me, personally, but it'd make sense the sequel makes some of the same "missteps".
__________________

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game is fckin awesome. They fixed most of the problems from the first one and its now more of an rpg as well, even with a dialog wheel. I played for like 14hrs yesterday. Couldnt put it down. I really dont know how anyone couldnt like this game. IMO its much better than sleeping dogs, but I do prefer this genre over the other. I promise you will not be disappointed by this game
__________________



FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
ajennice
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,904

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think I get upset with the physical movement speed. I feel as if your run speed shpould be walk and your running speed should be alot faster than it is. Some areas take a shiotload of time to walk/runn across and it's a pisser.
Aside from that, it's prolly a bit of burn out. I just crawled out of Street Dogs and right into this. Should of played Price is Right for a day or two....LOL


As for pumpkin, he's fumed we have it early. He got about neck deep in my backdoor on another thread ( and looked like and ass in front of alot of readers...wespecially with his 4th grade grammer). He even used the "bro"... was old about 3 million uses and 4 years ago. Maybe he needs to get his trolling ass out of Fire Island and get some new lines.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
iBuzz7S
 
iBuzz7S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Down Under (Sydney, Australia)
Posts: 7,853

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
wespecially with his 4th grade grammer
And to criticise someone else about their spelling.

It's usually people who don't appreciate video games that can't enjoy something great. Not only that, but I take it you never played the first or you simply rushed through it for bragging rights of some sort.

Then again, when you are playing offline and claiming things that aren't true, that also contributes to losing interest. Been there, done that. =]

From what I have seen and observed in-store over the weekend, Darksiders II is a job well done. Because of it, a lot of people will go back and pick up Darksiders.
__________________

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 08-12-2012 at 05:45 PM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,499

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
I think I get upset with the physical movement speed. I feel as if your run speed shpould be walk and your running speed should be alot faster than it is. Some areas take a shiotload of time to walk/runn across and it's a pisser.
Aside from that, it's prolly a bit of burn out. I just crawled out of Street Dogs and right into this. Should of played Price is Right for a day or two....LOL


As for pumpkin, he's fumed we have it early. He got about neck deep in my backdoor on another thread ( and looked like and ass in front of alot of readers...wespecially with his 4th grade grammer). He even used the "bro"... was old about 3 million uses and 4 years ago. Maybe he needs to get his trolling ass out of Fire Island and get some new lines.
No, I'm really not. I don't get "fumed" about anything. Especially anything I find on these message boards. I'll get it when I get it.

And please. Tell me what the fuck the point of this thread is? You played for 7 hours straight. Smart move. Burned out. Figures. Then felt the need to post all about it in a new thread? Claiming that you're "not feeling it"?

Just a suggestion. If you're not feeling it. Maybe you shouldn't waste 7 hours straight playing it. Then create a vague thread complaining about it.

Say what you want. But you seem to me like just the kind of troll that shows up to brag about having a game before street date. Then complain that it's not that great. You say one thing, then contradict it in the very next sentence.

Feel free to complain about my 4th grade grammar all you want. Sticks and stones. Bro.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
i fist brown i
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,102

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree the OP is vague but I do not see an issue with this thread... He's simply pointing out that the game is repetitive..

I've never played darksiders, but i have read that it was repetitive too, so i stayed away! The graphics were mediocre and the few youtube videos i watched showed the repetitiveness.

after about 7 hours of doing the same "quest/mission" i could see how you could be bored, but skyrim is the same way! Exploring is what makes RPG's fun, trying to find the best weapons and armor; so, i have to say Darksiders 2 looks like a good way to break-up this dry summer of gaming.
__________________

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
they did a great job fixing up most of the problems from the first, most notably the jumping off of ledges. I dont think the game is too repetitive, especially since they made it into an rpg style game where you have main quest and side quests, and the loot system is awesome. They even added in a dialog wheel and a place where you can trade equipment with other players online. And the game is really big on making you revisit areas and dungeons once you have certain equipment so you can unlock and explore more of the dungeon since the last time you where there to find new bosses and get more treasure.
Negatives are that sometimes when your navigating walls, the movement is not really accurate. For some reason it feels like the controls invert themselves based on the camera angle and you end up not going where you want to go. Doesnt happen too often though. And I feel normal is waaay to easy. Wish I started on the hardest one
__________________




Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 08-12-2012 at 06:12 PM.
FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
ThaMyth
 
ThaMyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: C-Town, GA
Posts: 671
Send a message via ICQ to ThaMyth Send a message via AIM to ThaMyth Send a message via MSN to ThaMyth Send a message via Yahoo to ThaMyth Send a message via Skype™ to ThaMyth

DeDnCiDe's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thanks for the input flip, you always know whats up on the new stuff... thats why i msg you when your playing it to see whats what before i drop my money. Grabbin this and sleeping dogs on tuesday.
ThaMyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
Vindicator51
 
Vindicator51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,415

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
they did a great job fixing up most of the problems from the first, most notably the jumping off of ledges. I dont think the game is too repetitive, especially since they made it into an rpg style game where you have main quest and side quests, and the loot system is awesome. They even added in a dialog wheel and a place where you can trade equipment with other players online. And the game is really big on making you revisit areas and dungeons once you have certain equipment so you can unlock and explore more of the dungeon since the last time you where there to find new bosses and get more treasure.
Negatives are that sometimes when your navigating walls, the movement is not really accurate. For some reason it feels like the controls invert themselves based on the camera angle and you end up not going where you want to go. Doesnt happen too often though. And I feel normal is waaay to easy. Wish I started on the hardest one
How exactly does the item trading / gifting work in the game? That's pretty much all i need to know currently.
__________________
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
its simple just select which items you want to trade from someone on your friends list and send it. Some items cant be traded though
__________________



FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #13
UberPirateNinja
 
UberPirateNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,847

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
So it has to be done via your friends list?
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,499

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
Some items cant be traded though
From what I've heard, that list is restricted to collector's edition items and preorder incentives. For obvious reasons. I've also heard that you can't feed these items into possessed weapons, either. Well... the few that aren't already possessed.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePumpkinKing View Post
From what I've heard, that list is restricted to collector's edition items and preorder incentives. For obvious reasons. I've also heard that you can't feed these items into possessed weapons, either. Well... the few that aren't already possessed.
Nope you cant even drop or sell them. They will always remain in your inventory
__________________



FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
Suki
 
Suki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,520

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
some ppl are hard to please but if u look at pretty much any game its repetative, at the moment im playing dark souls been at it for 30 hrs and it as repetative as hell but im loving it, if u buy a shooter u shoot a lot of repetative shit if u buy a hack and slash guess wot??. Me i 1000 pointed DS1 and hope to 1000 point DS2 and DS1 is my best experience on the 360 to date and ive played over 300 games most of em to completion. So for me im really hyped by DS2 and a thread like this doesnt bother me were all different and moan a lot about stupid shit like this.
__________________
Over 100 Games 1000 Pointed
Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,499

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
Nope you cant even drop or sell them. They will always remain in your inventory
A smart move. I can imagine the rage of idiot gamers everywhere, after realizing they've permanently lost said items because they decided to be stupid and sell them, otherwise. And really, with no cap on inventory size. It's not like it matters.

Though I think I heard it mentioned through a link on their facebook page that they were thinking of changing this down the line. I can't remember exactly. But they mentioned how much of a drag it is to only have certain weapons be useful to certain levels. So they were looking into ways to extend the usefulness of certain exclusive items. Which again, would be nice. Because in certain cases, it is a drag to have some of the best looking loot only be useful to level XX.

With plenty of DLC headed our way, I'm sure anything is possible. But honestly, as long as the loot in the Collector's edition has some longevity, I could care less about the rest. And even then, all bets are off when I get the abyssal armor.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
ThePumpkinKing
 
ThePumpkinKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,499

The Winter King's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
some ppl are hard to please but if u look at pretty much any game its repetative, at the moment im playing dark souls been at it for 30 hrs and it as repetative as hell but im loving it, if u buy a shooter u shoot a lot of repetative shit if u buy a hack and slash guess wot??. Me i 1000 pointed DS1 and hope to 1000 point DS2 and DS1 is my best experience on the 360 to date and ive played over 300 games most of em to completion. So for me im really hyped by DS2 and a thread like this doesnt bother me were all different and moan a lot about stupid shit like this.
Yep. Opinions are assholes. Some are shitty.

To each his own. Everyone likes their own genres for reasons other might not.

But when you start a thread just for the sake of complaining about a game being too repetitive, but don't explain why. Well, you can see just why a thread like this is useless. Luckily, other more intelligent board members have elaborated the points that are worth elaborating.

And really, creating a thread to complain about a game that's garnering some ridiculous praise for improving on virtually every single fault gamers had with the original. Makes it pretty obvious that the OP didn't bother playing the original.
__________________
Retail 1000 (No DLC):
Dante's Inferno
Halo: Reach (1400)
Resident Evil 5
ThePumpkinKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
theres no carryweight but you can only hold a certain amount of items before you cant pick anymore of that type of item up anymore...I had most of the dlc weapons and armor as well and the weapons didnt last very long at all, and some of the armor had a level req on it. on my main im using possessed twin sythes and already doing 3k worth of damage with 100% critical chance, plus lots of other buffs, and my secondary is possessed claws that swing fast and do about 300 damage which is crazy on a fast weapon. Best thing to do for armor and weapons is collect as many vulgrim coins as you can and then buy one of the lottery packs he has, which pretty much gives you a random weapon, armor, or talisman every time you buy it. Theres 3 different types you can choose from, each for the rarity class of all items: green, blue, and purple (elite). So i you choose the elite lottery pack, you will get a random item that will be elite; choose green pack, you will get a random common weapon, ect. Even in the common pack, some of the stats where really good, and was always different. I just saved up a bunch of vulgrim coins and money and bough a lot of elite lottery and if I didnt get anything good id reload. thats how I got any possessed weapon. And then I would just feed all the rest of my items that I didnt need to that possessed weapon and max it out
__________________




Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 08-12-2012 at 07:37 PM.
FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
theres no carryweight but you can only hold a certain amount of items before you cant pick anymore of that type of item up anymore...I had most of the dlc weapons and armor as well and the weapons didnt last very long at all, and some of the armor had a level req on it. on my main im using possessed twin sythes and already doing 3k worth of damage with 100% critical chance, plus lots of other buffs, and my secondary is possessed claws that swing fast and do about 300 damage which is crazy on a fast weapon. Best thing to do for armor and weapons is collect as many vulgrim coins as you can and then buy one of the lottery packs he has, which pretty much gives you a random weapon, armor, or talisman every time you buy it. Theres 3 different types you can choose from, each for the rarity class of all items: green, blue, and purple (elite). So i you choose the elite lottery pack, you will get a random item that will be elite; choose green pack, you will get a random common weapon, ect. Even in the common pack, some of the stats where really good, and was always different. I just saved up a bunch of vulgrim coins and money and bough a lot of elite lottery and if I didnt get anything good id reload. thats how I got any possessed weapon. And then I would just feed all the rest of my items that I didnt need to that possessed weapon and max it out
Thanks for the information Flip. That's a really useful tip. I make sure to remember this for next week. About the Collector's Edition and Pre-Order weapons, can you feed them to possessed weapons? I know you said they stay in your inventory and can't be sold. So I assume you can't use them to power up your possessed weapons either. I just thought I'd ask.

It's great to know that they are going to have a save anywhere system in the game. And let you reload saves. That's a very welcome addition. Do you happen to know how many save slots you can have? And if you create multiple characters do they each get their own set of save slots? Or is it all in one list? Thanks for answering any of those questions if you know the answers. I appreciate it.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #21
Lord Vinny
 
Lord Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70

Vinny136's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
theres no carryweight but you can only hold a certain amount of items before you cant pick anymore of that type of item up anymore...I had most of the dlc weapons and armor as well and the weapons didnt last very long at all, and some of the armor had a level req on it. on my main im using possessed twin sythes and already doing 3k worth of damage with 100% critical chance, plus lots of other buffs, and my secondary is possessed claws that swing fast and do about 300 damage which is crazy on a fast weapon. Best thing to do for armor and weapons is collect as many vulgrim coins as you can and then buy one of the lottery packs he has, which pretty much gives you a random weapon, armor, or talisman every time you buy it. Theres 3 different types you can choose from, each for the rarity class of all items: green, blue, and purple (elite). So i you choose the elite lottery pack, you will get a random item that will be elite; choose green pack, you will get a random common weapon, ect. Even in the common pack, some of the stats where really good, and was always different. I just saved up a bunch of vulgrim coins and money and bough a lot of elite lottery and if I didnt get anything good id reload. thats how I got any possessed weapon. And then I would just feed all the rest of my items that I didnt need to that possessed weapon and max it out
That's a good tip. Reload your save if you get trash from the tickets lol. There are a total of 100 Vulgrim Coins you can get (per game of course). So this will come in handy :3.
__________________
Lord Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #22
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
no you cant feed any dlc weapons to possessed weapons...as with the saves, when you save, it always rewrites your old save. You dont ever choose a save slot when manually saving in the game. When you start a new game, you can choose a different save slot that one time, but once you save in game its an automatic overwrite save. The games autosave however does not over write your main save.
__________________




Last edited by FLIPADELPHIIA; 08-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.
FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #23
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
no you cant feed any dlc weapons to possessed weapons...as with the saves, when you save, it always rewrites your old save. You dont ever choose a save slot when manually saving in the game. When you start a new game, you can choose a different save slot that one time, but once you save in game its an automatic overwrite save. The games autosave however does not over write your main save.
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad the game doesn't overwrite your manual save with an auto-save. That drove me nuts in Dragon's Dogma.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
FLIPADELPHIIA
 
FLIPADELPHIIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: d(-_-)b
Posts: 661

FLIPADELPHIIA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I also forgot to mention the addition of fast traveling in the game. You can fast travel to any place youve visited, and whats even cooler is that if your in a dungeon and you want to fast travel out of there and go get some supplies like health or whatever, you can do that and the game creates a fast travel point on the map from the exact location of where you fast traveled out of the dungeon. So you can fast travel out the dungeon, re up supplies, and then fast travel right back to that exact spot. This only works if your in a dungeon however. If your outside in the world, you can fast travel but there wont be a marker where you fast traveled from, which is not even a big deal
__________________



FLIPADELPHIIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #25
tonyturbo
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 207

TonyTurbo78's Gamercard
glad to see you enjoying it Flip. Looks like I'll be putting dark souls to the side next week with both Darksiders and Sleeping Dogs launching That and Guild Wars 2 in a couple weeks, going to be busy gaming. Hope I can get a good chunk done before Borderlands 2 lol.
tonyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #26
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
I also forgot to mention the addition of fast traveling in the game. You can fast travel to any place youve visited, and whats even cooler is that if your in a dungeon and you want to fast travel out of there and go get some supplies like health or whatever, you can do that and the game creates a fast travel point on the map from the exact location of where you fast traveled out of the dungeon. So you can fast travel out the dungeon, re up supplies, and then fast travel right back to that exact spot. This only works if your in a dungeon however. If your outside in the world, you can fast travel but there wont be a marker where you fast traveled from, which is not even a big deal
I knew there was fast travel. But this is the first time I've ever seen something like you describe from inside a dungeon. And I play a ton of RPGs. That is a seriously awesome feature. It should definitely be in every RPG from now on until the end of time. All hail Vigil Games.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #27
Kite87
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 305

Kite87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPADELPHIIA View Post
I also forgot to mention the addition of fast traveling in the game. You can fast travel to any place youve visited, and whats even cooler is that if your in a dungeon and you want to fast travel out of there and go get some supplies like health or whatever, you can do that and the game creates a fast travel point on the map from the exact location of where you fast traveled out of the dungeon. So you can fast travel out the dungeon, re up supplies, and then fast travel right back to that exact spot. This only works if your in a dungeon however. If your outside in the world, you can fast travel but there wont be a marker where you fast traveled from, which is not even a big deal
That is actually awesome, I've always wanted adventure games to have this. I might have to rethink picking this up was not a big fan of the first, but there was some parts I enjoyed.

Is the merchant still in it? because I hated him.
__________________
Kite87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #28
inflamedscythe
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nottingham: england
Posts: 171

AnCieNT MAGiiKS's Gamercard
Is the merchant still in it? because I hated him.[QUOTE]

what!! may i ask why vulgrim is awesome. just hope we get more story about him in this one.
inflamedscythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #29
BloodGodAlucard
 
BloodGodAlucard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,155

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
what!! may i ask why vulgrim is awesome. just hope we get more story about him in this one.
I agree. Vulgrim is a really cool character. I'm interested to see how he responds to Death at the start of the game since they already know each other from one of the comics.
__________________
Slaughter Them All!





Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #30
Kite87
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 305

Kite87's Gamercard
His voice kind of annoyed me. Don't get me wrong I love almost all of Mark Hamill's voice over work, but there was just something about that guy that annoyed me.

Mark Hamill was the main reason I enjoyed the two Batman games, but here he was the main reason I stopped playing this.
__________________

Last edited by Kite87; 08-13-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Kite87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09 AM.