Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Conan
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
Low Beau

Low Beau's Gamercard
Lightbulb Guide to Enemy Appetizers

Few things to keep in mind while you're impaling fools.
1) Sometimes Conan thinks that he's The Rock and does his camel punch. If you see Conan go into this animation quickly press LT and block, it will save you a enemy to throw on the spikes. I've killed four white shirted pirate with this one punch before. so watch out.

2) You gonna need to lure a bunch of enemies to their doom being is how there are hardly enough spikes in the right places.

3) Don't get too pissed when Conan throws the enemy and doesn't impale him. Half the time I threw cats they would either bounce into the spikes and become dizzy. I would accidentally kill a couple enemies and not impale anyone because some dummies got in the way. Or (on the walkway on Pirate Raid) Conan would toss the enemy over a spike and I would get a Death Rain/Fall kill. I blame the camera. The camera probably blames me.

CHANCE MEETING:
starting at the part right after you first meet A'kanna, after you save your first crewman. head down onto the next boardwalk and walk towards the upright pillar. there are spikes all around it, throw every enemy you can onto this pillar. Head up the boardwalk and lure the two brown pirates away from the archer and impale them too. Kill the archer, save your crewman. Now cross the bridge in front of the waterfall and lure all the enemies over to the next tall pillar (the one closer to the camera). Now ride the lift up, then follow the boardwalk, luring enemies as you go, to the next crewman. Here is another pillar. This pillar is a little stubborn though. I found that if you tried throwing the enemies on any spike other than the one facing the cliff that the enemies would just bounce off, land on the ground and be dizzy. So use the pillar's spike on the opposite side of your crewman. once you've killed everyone, use the lift, kill the captains and finish the level.

PIRATE RAID:
to the left of the first crossbow are some spikes, toss everyone on them, then help A'kanna destroy the ship. Enter the gate she destroys, (save if you want) then book it through the next village and head directly to the next huge crossbow. On both sides of this crossbow are some more spikes. Kill the captains first if you're worried, then impale everyone. Once you're finished help A'kanna again. After she's safe, head back up to the village you ran through. Lure all the enemies that are just hanging around down to the spikes and impale them. Once the village is clear head back towards the crossbow and continue on the path. Kill the archers around the naked broad, save her and head back to the main path. Follow the path until some white-shirted pirates join you. Lure them down to the crossbow's spikes and kill them. Continue throughout the level until you're on the tiled walkway right after using the crossbow to destroy the two sentry towers. On this walkway you will find more spikes on both sides so impale every enemy you can. Follow the walkway down to the next village. Here you're gonna need to lure more enemies up onto the walkway to impale them. Now go enjoy the Bone Cleaver video (funny how he looks all blurry even on a HDTV huh?)

Bone Cleaver:
Every pirate that's not a Captain toss onto the spikes that are on the wall right below the 'Cleav like it's some kind of 'Altar or Sacrifice' (Slayer song title, gotta love Slayer!). More than likely, if you have been effiecent at impaling enemies you'll have the achievement while he's still making his white-shirted buddies attack you.

If you have done everything I've said and still don't have the achievement don't worry. There are tons more impale spots on levels MIDNIGHT RAID and OUTPOST.

1000 's I'm Most Proud of:
Dead Rising, Mass Effect & Conan
Low Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Turonel

Turonel's Gamercard
Thank you for this! i'm going for this achievement next and for some reason i ignored the spikes by the catapults where u destroy the ships

Turonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
DreadfulCorpse

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks a lot for this.
DreadfulCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #4
yuyanami

yuyanami's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
thanks for the great guide..got it on the first few pirates during the bone cleaver battle
yuyanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
lid

liddd's Gamercard
Thank you thank you this guide is just what I needed.^_^
lid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #6
madcap1

Send a message via MSN to madcap1

madcap182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks man I got this achievement with this guide thanks for doing this

Please send a message along with a friends request. No message = it will just get denied. Thanks

madcap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:52 AM   #7
Brkenintntionz

Brkenintntionz's Gamercard
Thanks for this. It was easier then it would appear. Also the Bonecrusher is also a great place to get the Parry Assassin achievement.
Brkenintntionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:18 AM   #8
paiinkiller

Thanks! got it before the cleve came down.
paiinkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
UK Mylo

UK Mylo's Gamercard
Swish, got around 130 impales on these two levels alone!!
UK Mylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
Brothaa

Send a message via Yahoo to Brothaa

bruthaa's Gamercard
Thanks for the information. Unlocked before the bone cleaver boss battle even started
Brothaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thumbs up Nice job!

Thanks Low Beau.
Got it during the Bone Cleaver Boss Fight.

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #12
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
Ok, at least there's other places that I can do than the Pirate Raid though it's much easier there but since it's my 2nd playthrough just to get King and that dismemberment thing

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
Gottle

Gottle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Mylo View Post
Swish, got around 130 impales on these two levels alone!!
Same here! Tnx

Gottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #14
Psycho0022

Psycho0022's Gamercard
Ty Low Beau, your strategy was flawless!