PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
E3 2012 Trailer

Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just watched it, looks great. Best part "I hate tombs!" haha.

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I have to admit, I've never played a TR game. Even though they were the height of gaming when I was young and playing on my PS, I never played it, so I have followed that trait all the way through the years. Mainly because the games look crap to.

But when this was announced and the original trailer was released, it blew me away. I can officially say, that this will be the first ever TR game I'll buy and play!

Fingers crossed it's as good as it looks. We just need some more solid gameplay videos now.

Buzz, even though I don't own a PS3 or played Uncharted, I've seem few videos of it's gameplay over the years and comparing it to this, they look similar I'm afraid. I'm not too concerned, because I think we need a game like it.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Buzz, even though I don't own a PS3 or played Uncharted, I've seem few videos of it's gameplay over the years and comparing it to this, they look similar I'm afraid. I'm not too concerned, because I think we need a game like it.
Hey, I'm with that movement, but I found Uncharted 3 to be more about puzzles and less about action/adventure.

But yes you are indeed right, 'we' (Xbox people) need to have a taste of something like Uncharted, just not the puzzle side of it.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Hey, I'm with that movement, but I found Uncharted 3 to be more about puzzles and less about action/adventure.

But yes you are indeed right, 'we' (Xbox people) need to have a taste of something like Uncharted, just not the puzzle side of it.
I've never played Uncharted, but from videos I've watched it looked like it had a mix of jump and grab action as well as puzzles which I'm guessing this will.

So to have a game like this for the 360 would be great because of the top of my head I can't name one too similar to it/them...
Old 06-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Density Jo

Density Jo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
that this will be the first ever TR game I'll buy and play!
after watching the trailer i was like
then i looked at the release date *sigh*

50,000G Achieved on 01/06/2011 by "The best pirate I've ever seen" Achievement (LEGO Pirates)
70,000G Achieved on 20/10/2012 by "Sage" Achievement (AC: Revelations)
Xbox Died in 2012 so I cant be bothered to buy a 4th one in case that one dies as well
Moved to PS3 now, sorry, PSN DensityJo if you want to get in touch

Density Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #7
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
just not the puzzle side of it.
Ummm..... isn't that what Tomb Raider has always been about? Solving the puzzles to get a door open or get something working or whatever? Without that element, it wouldn't be Tomb Raider!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #8
Squirrel257

Squirrel x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This looks great. Such a shame it is almost still a whole year away

Squirrel257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I was wondering what happened with this game. Seems like its been in the works for years.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I wonder why this game is still called Tomb Raider.
The reboot they made is a total letdown,changing it to survival horror...WTH!
Im sure it will be a good game,but not a Tomb Raider game for sure.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
I think it shoulda take place in '80s and be a sort of story which tells how Lara became the girl we know. Looks like good, though.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #12
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Definitely excited for this. The originals were good in their own way, but the puzzle solving and cliff-hanging game mechanics have grown outdated and stale. I like this new survival-horror approach. This looks a good deal like Uncharted (which I really enjoyed the first 2), but hopefully this will have less humor and ridiculous Hollywood action scenes.

My biggest concern to arise from this trailer is the presence of other humans. Obviously I expected other people to be in it at some point, but I'm hoping they keep it toned down to a minimum. I want this to be about surviving the land and being resourceful to overcome the hostile creatures and nasty diseases on the island as well as the mysterious tribe that seems to inhabit the island. I don't want to spend most of my time shooting thousands of mercenaries. It would be more realistic having maybe 9 or 10 well-established antagonists throughout the game than more mercenaries than a ship could even realistically hold.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi634's Gamercard
Quote:
Dear Lord do NOT be anything like Uncharted and I will buy you.
From this trailer at least, it looks very much like Uncharted... which is awesome.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
CrAzYnEsS

Yes this game indeed looks like Uncharted. The first 2 Uncharted games were very good, the second being my favorite as it focused more on action then puzzles. The third one I thought sucked and had absolutly too many puzzles.

They said this game wasn't going to be all hardcore puzzle based though and more of a blend of action with quickly thought out puzzles.

From everything I saw and heard it sounds like its going be along the same style of Uncharted 2, obviously not with all the comedy though.

So as far as I'm concerned, if its anything like Uncharted 2 it will be amazing.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #15
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
When I was watching the Microsoft Conference live, I found it funny that the developer playing the demo was trying to shoot the arrows to the knee of the enemies.
OceanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #16
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
When I was watching the Microsoft Conference live, I found it funny that the developer playing the demo was trying to shoot the arrows to the knee of the enemies.

He was trying to get them onto one knee so he could show off the execution kills.

OT: Looks amazing. I've played every Tomb Raider developed. Disliked 3, The Last Revelation and Angel Of Darkness but loved the rest. Really stoked for this game.

Edit: Just re watched the trailer and found it funny how the first part of the trailer reminded me of a mix match of films

00:15 onwards we've got SAW, 00:55 onwards we've got The Descent 1:10 we've got LOST and 1:30 - 1:50 we've got the Hunger Games Haha

Last edited by Genesis x360a; 06-07-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #17
The Produca

Th4 Produca's Gamercard
Probably buy it. Never played a TR game and don't feel like starting from the beginning so this will do.
The Produca is offline   Reply With Quote