PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
How to unlock costumes?

I just have a question on how to unlock the costumes for the superheros. How do they unlock.? Do they unlock after you defeat a certain amount of enemies with that character? and then the last costume unlocks when you complete their simulation disc? Or are the unlocking of the costumes different when you play as different characters..

Thanks!
I would have posted on the older threads but I didn't want to boost them since most of these threads are kind of old.
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Wurmstrom

Wurmstrom's Gamercard
You have to get X amount of kills. I believe you need to get 30/175/250 kills
Wurmstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
Do they unlock after you defeat a certain amount of enemies with that character? and then the last costume unlocks when you complete their simulation disc?
Correct on both counts. You need gold on the sim disks. If the character has no sim disk, it's just more kills. There is a stickied list if items by location that includes sim disks so make sure you grab everything in one game. The disks are game specific.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Okay awesome. I wasn't sure because some of my characters had three costumes and they were always missing one and I wasn't sure if that came from the discs.
Also in order to get that achievement, do you have to get every single hero from that DLC pack?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Okay awesome. I wasn't sure because some of my characters had three costumes and they were always missing one and I wasn't sure if that came from the discs.
Also in order to get that achievement, do you have to get every single hero from that DLC pack?
DLC does not count toward the Original 1000.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Okay awesome because I wasn't planning on buying those heroes to get that achievement. Is this an "easy" 1000 or is this difficult?
Also do you have to collect every focus upgrade? Is there an achievement for that?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:06 AM   #7
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Quote:
Okay awesome because I wasn't planning on buying those heroes to get that achievement. Is this an "easy" 1000 or is this difficult?
Also do you have to collect every focus upgrade? Is there an achievement for that?
I would say it is 7/10. The gold all sim disks is pretty difficult. The hard mode or whatever was easy. Silver surfer made things pretty easy. I think you get him for all costumes or all sim disks gold.

Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Silver Surfer, and Wolverine or Deadpool. Make a good team.

You don't need the power-up orbs but they will help.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
I would say it is 7/10. The gold all sim disks is pretty difficult. The hard mode or whatever was easy. Silver surfer made things pretty easy. I think you get him for all costumes or all sim disks gold.

Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Silver Surfer, and Wolverine or Deadpool. Make a good team.

You don't need the power-up orbs but they will help.
Well at least the hard mode is pretty easy, I was a little worried about it.

Yeah right now my team is Captain America, Iceman, Collossus and Iron Man. I plan on switching out some of these heroes though because I have unlocked all of their costumes.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
WeaponTheory

You need to kill a lot to get costumes.
Most characters will have about four costumes I believe.
You get three from just killing baddies a lot.

And the last from getting Bronze medal on their Simulator Disc.

I don't think you can get all from just killing, I spent hours with Storm and couldn't unlock her last costume in which I'm dying to see what it is.

And her Sim mission is a pain. I spent so long finding out the correct combination of moves to use just to beat the clowns and bots, and hours later I finally got to the boss which is ridiculous, because due to trial and error and you're only human, you don't know how the QTE works until it's too late. >_>

But whatever, I'm playing the game over on Easy so I can get everyone's costume easier.
WeaponTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #10
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

I feel like unlocking the costumes is going to take forever. I have had Iceman since the end of Act 1 and I am on Act 3 now and I still have one costume I have to unlock for him. I have unlocked all costumes for Thor and Captain America, but that's it. Plus I will get Nick Fury at the end of the game and I will have to unlock all of his costumes..

Ugh. This will take a really long time. I am not sure if I have the patience to unlock this achievement.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #11
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

The hard part is the individual sim disks. You can grind kills in the asgard sim disks easily.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #12
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Yeah I guess, I mean it still will take kind of a long time.. lol I heard that those sim discs are a pain in the ass. So I am a little worried for those.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #13
WeaponTheory

Quote:
Yeah I guess, I mean it still will take kind of a long time.. lol I heard that those sim discs are a pain in the ass. So I am a little worried for those.
It's best if you do the simulator disc on Easy difficulty.
Which means you have to start a new game (of course with your data carried over) and recollect the disc again.
If your characters still feel weak, just boost them in Asgard comic mission.

Last edited by WeaponTheory; 08-10-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponTheory View Post
It's best if you do the simulator disc on Easy difficulty.
Which means you have to start a new game (of course with your data carried over) and recollect the disc again.
If your characters still feel weak, just boost them in Asgard comic mission.
Could I do this on normal difficulty? I don't know if I want to start a new game and collect all of the discs again. That would be such a pain. I think I am going to attempt them on normal.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
WeaponTheory

Quote:
Could I do this on normal difficulty? I don't know if I want to start a new game and collect all of the discs again. That would be such a pain. I think I am going to attempt them on normal.
Then I bid you with a good luck.

Hahahahahaha
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH-*cough* *coughcoughcough*
eugh...
Old 08-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponTheory View Post
Then I bid you with a good luck.

Hahahahahaha
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH-*cough* *coughcoughcough*
eugh...
Okay I see what you mean. I started doing these sim discs, and I am doing Deadpool's right now. I always die at one part where you have to destroy that clown car? Enemies swarm me and I can't see where I am. It is awful. Have you attempted that one? I got through the Thing, Human Torch and Ms.Marvel. I am scared for the other ones lol.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
WeaponTheory

Quote:
Okay I see what you mean. I started doing these sim discs, and I am doing Deadpool's right now. I always die at one part where you have to destroy that clown car? Enemies swarm me and I can't see where I am. It is awful. Have you attempted that one?
Yep. Beat it both Normal and Easy.
This comic mission is the main reason why I kept Deadpool in my lineup instead of booting him out which I was planning to do up until then.
The thing I learned about these comic missions is that, if it's too hard for you, then you have to play defense, get an outfit that will help you live longer.

That's where his "Ultimate" outfit comes to play.
Max Energy
Health Regeneration
Defense

All are important. Especially Health Regeneration.
You want to up all these as much as you can.

Powers:
"Blade Cyclone" and "Wisecrack" is all I needed.
Use wisecrack to lower their defense which will piss them off and come after you, and spam the hell out of Blade Cyclone.

And if you picked it up, equip the Gear, "Deadpool's Gloves".

Last edited by WeaponTheory; 08-14-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Ah okay thanks for the tips. I haven't switched many of the costumes for these guys so I will try out a different Deadpool costume so that might help me out.