PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Soul Calibur V
Subscribe    Donate
Soulcalibur V
Quick links
Latest news
Mar 15, 2012 Title Update Incoming for Soul Calibur V
Jan 31, 2012 X360A Review: Soul Calibur V
Jan 30, 2012 Soul Calibur V Launch Trailer Hits Hard
Jan 27, 2012 Soul Calibur V Trailer Has an Unexpected Visitor [Updated with Screens]
Jan 26, 2012 Three Slices of Soul Calibur V DLC Coming in February

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
HerroKittie
 
HerroKittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 80

Gamertag: a mere kitten
A1 Mitsurugi

Has anyone else had problems with this? I feel as though it's harder than the TEKKEN guy. I've tried all characters and can't seem to find a way to beat this guy. HELP!?
__________________



HerroKittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
EMP
 
EMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,684

Gamertag: MaGiC MaN TJ

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used Xiba and spammed --> b+y and didnt have a problem. Leixia and Patroklos alpha were the biggest bitches for me. Owell just keep trying I just finished all of them tonight (thank god).
__________________


→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
HerroKittie
 
HerroKittie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 80

Gamertag: a mere kitten
Finally got him last night after he beat me 23 times. >.<
Now Ivy is in my way ... The AI in the game is insane to say the least.
__________________



HerroKittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
EMP
 
EMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,684

Gamertag: MaGiC MaN TJ

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ivy does do a lot of grapples. Rapheal taunts you randomly (idk if you noticed). I think he does it just to piss you off lol.
__________________


→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
BThumme
 
BThumme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 214
Send a message via AIM to BThumme

Gamertag: FF7 Bryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMP View Post
I used Xiba and spammed --> b+y and didnt have a problem. Leixia and Patroklos alpha were the biggest bitches for me. Owell just keep trying I just finished all of them tonight (thank god).
This. Couldn't beat Alissa for the life of me (like 0-25 with nightmare). Took two tries with xiba, and I had never used h before. Also beat edge master with him and the a1/2 hilde.
__________________
BThumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
LeonEx
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5

Gamertag: II Leon Ex II
just spam spam spam
LeonEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
dEku
 
dEku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 30

Gamertag: Dr Deku
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerroKittie View Post
Finally got him last night after he beat me 23 times. >.<
Now Ivy is in my way ... The AI in the game is insane to say the least.
They read your button input. They literally cheat.

I have 2 of the hardest ones to beat standing in my way. Alissa and Sigfrancis. Sigfrancis has beaten me 28 times. I have almost beaten him a few times, I literally needed to hit him one more time and I'd win but nope, the game gives me the finger, adds another fuck you and then combo's me to death. I honestly don't think I'll ever beat these 2. Most A ranks didn't really give me this much of a problem, they were assholes but I usually beat them my first try. Some took a little more, but not many took over 3-4 tries.
dEku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
BThumme
 
BThumme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saginaw, MI
Posts: 214
Send a message via AIM to BThumme

Gamertag: FF7 Bryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dEku View Post
They read your button input. They literally cheat.

I have 2 of the hardest ones to beat standing in my way. Alissa and Sigfrancis. Sigfrancis has beaten me 28 times. I have almost beaten him a few times, I literally needed to hit him one more time and I'd win but nope, the game gives me the finger, adds another fuck you and then combo's me to death. I honestly don't think I'll ever beat these 2. Most A ranks didn't really give me this much of a problem, they were assholes but I usually beat them my first try. Some took a little more, but not many took over 3-4 tries.
Took me two tries for Alissa with Xiba. Before I was about 0-20. The >x+y and occasional critical edge worked.

Can't be sigfrancis tho
__________________
BThumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
SasuraUchiha
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 74

Gamertag: YamikoSama
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThumme View Post
Took me two tries for Alissa with Xiba. Before I was about 0-20. The >x+y and occasional critical edge worked.

Can't be sigfrancis tho
omg, this works like hell XD

Last edited by SasuraUchiha; 02-18-2012 at 10:07 PM.
SasuraUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
Sarcasm
 
Sarcasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kablah!
Posts: 153

Gamertag: ragnarain
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerroKittie View Post
Has anyone else had problems with this? I feel as though it's harder than the TEKKEN guy. I've tried all characters and can't seem to find a way to beat this guy. HELP!?
Nobody is more annoying than Harada (or whatever his name is)! His uppercuts make me want to run over babies!

Anyways, omg! This A1 Mitsurugi pissed me off too! I was playing him just to see how hard he is. I was using Cervantes and out of about 10 matches he 3-2ed me 9 times and 3-1ed me once! Like wtf! RAGE! I almost came back from a 2-0 deficit but he beats me in Round 5 every damn time!

Lol.

Goosfraba....
Sarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
MaelstromBETA
 
MaelstromBETA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 17

Gamertag: MaelstromBETA
I don't blame anyone for spamming Xiba to beat the A1~5 rank opponents.. Namco definitely upped the difficulty to bullshit levels.

For anyone who is trying to beat them without spamming, just guards are essential. They read your inputs and react quicker than a human could, which works in your advantage sometimes. It basically means if you "swipe" off the guard button really quickly (easiest way i've found to hit just guards) as soon as you've finished attacking, 9 times out of 10 the CPU is there attacking you straight away, so you connect with the just guard, this leaves them vulnerable for a second which is the only way to punish this high level CPU. Good luck people!
__________________

MaelstromBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #12
M4XMOTORMOUTH
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16

Gamertag: M4XMOTORMOUTH
Exclamation

One very good tip i have found, very very functional to me is playing with Natsu and spam the .+... (default config)...

Only take care with fail self ring-outs and maybe defend yourself some times...Im still in process to finish the most cheaters IA players but already destroy (some with PERFECT) so many of them A1-A2-etc CPU players...

And remember, LAUGH very and VERY LOUD to this god-imput-reader piece of shit IA get screwed...
M4XMOTORMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
darksidecow
 
darksidecow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 58

Gamertag: DarkSideCow
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XMOTORMOUTH View Post
One very good tip i have found, very very functional to me is playing with Natsu and spam the .+... (default config)...

Only take care with fail self ring-outs and maybe defend yourself some times...Im still in process to finish the most cheaters IA players but already destroy (some with PERFECT) so many of them A1-A2-etc CPU players...

And remember, LAUGH very and VERY LOUD to this god-imput-reader piece of shit IA get screwed...
thank u for the tip.
darksidecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
M4XMOTORMOUTH
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16

Gamertag: M4XMOTORMOUTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidecow View Post
thank u for the tip.
You welcome pal!!!!!
M4XMOTORMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Dhyphoon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 36

Gamertag: Dhyphoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4XMOTORMOUTH View Post
One very good tip i have found, very very functional to me is playing with Natsu and spam the .+... (default config)...

Only take care with fail self ring-outs and maybe defend yourself some times...Im still in process to finish the most cheaters IA players but already destroy (some with PERFECT) so many of them A1-A2-etc CPU players...

And remember, LAUGH very and VERY LOUD to this god-imput-reader piece of shit IA get screwed...
I must be doing something wrong..
Dhyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
Goots 88
 
Goots 88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, EST
Posts: 552

Gamertag: Goots 88
I found the best person to use was Xiba...

I would start off with <-- Y or with --> B+Y, this would allow me to get enough room to start backing off towards the edge. As Mitsurugi closes in, hit the <-- RB. This will make you side step and throw a huge blow sending him flying off the edge. If he blocks it and hits you, just roll around till you get yourself back in to position.
__________________
Working On: Rise of the Tomb Raider, AC: Syndicate, AC: China, NHL '15, Madden 25

Cabela's North American Hunts: Achievement Guide by Goots 88
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...errerid=160984

Goots 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:58 AM   #17
PyreBall
 
PyreBall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 1,253
Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Gamertag: Biggreen719

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So far I've not dealt with anything that's taken me more tries than Harada TEKKEN. I've tried a few A1s and have only had to re-try one or two times.
__________________
Games I'm currently taking invites for:
Killer Instinct, Halo: MCC, Titanfall, iDARB, Knight Squad, Rayman Legends, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Super Smash Bros U, Mario Kart 8
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #18
Slaughter.
A Necessary Evil
 
Slaughter.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 7,621

Gamertag: Cpt Slaugh7er

Awards Showcase Guide Writers Guild   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed - Tier 4   Submit - Silver   Cops N' Robbers - Tier 2   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shinobi273   The Best of 2014 Challenge Club - Tier 2   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Mitsurugi is my favorite character. I'm a master with him.
__________________


Staff Club Breakdown
My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
---
Credit to Spazaz Man for the signature!
Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:12 AM.