PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Mega Man 9
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #1
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
"Trusty Sidearm" Question

The achievement is for beating all of the bosses with the Mega Buster. Does anyone know if that has to be done in one play-through? Also, does anyone know if you can go back to and re-beat a boss with the buster and have it count towards the achievement?
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
Tallboy2005

T4llboy's Gamercard
I'm curious to these questions as well. I also wonder if you can use the special weapons until the last little bit of health, and then finish them off with your buster.
Tallboy2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
Taiyz

Taiyz's Gamercard
The only thing I can answer is that you can't go right back into a level and fight a boss; you'd probably have to wait until the boss rush in Wily's Castle to get it. I dunno if the game saves the data boss-by-boss, so I can't tell you if starting a new game just to fight a couple of them would be worthwhile or not.

I would assume it all has to be done on the same file, only using the Mega Buster for the entire battle, but the boss rush gives some leeway towards the end. That is just speculation however.
Taiyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #4
Redonkulous BP

I just got this achievement, but I did it the safe way. The achievements are designed as to make it impossible to get a chunk on one play through. For example, not using any E-tanks, not killig any enemies other than bosses, and killing all bosses with the mega buster will prove to be impossible.

I just used E-tanks when I needed to, and I beat all the bosses with my Mega Buster at the end of each stage. As soon as I beat the final guy, I got the achievement.

I am now on Wily's castle and I still haven't killed any enemies other than bosses and sub-bosses. I also haven't used any weapons or Rush items other than the Mega Buster.

Getting these achievements is possible, but it will be extremely aggravating. Hell, you might end up beating it five times while trying to get the achievements.

Play it safe and kill them at the end of each level.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:44 AM   #5
jazon168

outerhaven168's Gamercard
i tried using a boss specific weakness weapon, then when the boss has a few bars left i switched to my buster... but sadly the achievement didn't pop
jazon168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
Cyantre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazon168 View Post
i tried using a boss specific weakness weapon, then when the boss has a few bars left i switched to my buster... but sadly the achievement didn't pop
That's because you didn't achieve anything. The challenge is to beat all of the bosses using only the mega buster, not just to deliver the final blow with the mega buster.

This isn't that hard, just stock up on E-Tanks and you'll be fine.
Cyantre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #7
KingSigy

Send a message via AIM to KingSigy Send a message via MSN to KingSigy Send a message via Yahoo to KingSigy Send a message via Skype™ to KingSigy

KingSigy's Gamercard
E-Tanks is a great way to do this achievement, but obviously going after the weaker Bosses last will save you trouble. If you tackle someone like Concrete Man first, you should be able to kill any weaker boss with only the buster.

KingSigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:45 AM   #8
Stevedawg313

Send a message via AIM to Stevedawg313

Stevedawg313's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was curious about a few things, I guess you can't use rush because he is considered a weapon correct? Also I thought that after I beat all 8 I would be able to use more than the buster but then I thought, well there is that achievement for not using as least special weapon energy as possible so that means I would have to beat the whole game with the buster right?

Well the problem with that I think is don't you *have* to use rush at some point in wileys castle like the jet or something? I'm just assuming and don't know for fact but I did remember in the older MM games that featured Rush you needed to use the jet a few times to beat the level which in this case would nullfy the achievement.

But seeing as people already have 200/200 this must not be the case but some of these achievments are still a bit mysterious until we get a formal achievement guide for this game.
Stevedawg313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #9
Cyantre

Using the least amount of weapon energy possible is a tricky achievement to get because there are some spots in the game that require the use of a special weapon, such as the Tornado Blow in the first level of Wily's Castle. However some parts which you would normally use the Tornado Blow you can (and have to) use the Rush abilities as an alternative because they take up less energy.

Following a guide on how to get this would be best, because you may think you've used the least amount of weapons energy possible, and end up not getting the achievement.
Cyantre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #10
KingSigy

Send a message via AIM to KingSigy Send a message via MSN to KingSigy Send a message via Yahoo to KingSigy Send a message via Skype™ to KingSigy

KingSigy's Gamercard
There's also one jump that is impossible without Concrete shot in Wily's stage, but I believe you are allowed like 10 shots or something. I have no clue, since it is really hard to not miss and end up using too much energy.

KingSigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #11
GaTechGrad

GaTechGrad's Gamercard
I did this achievement on the last part of Wiley's castle where you have to fight the robots over again. I did use continues, but I did it all in one sitting. The ones that gave me the biggest problems using only the Buster were Concrete Man, Hornet Man, and Plug Man. By this point I didn't have any spare E Tanks either. However, it was much faster playing through the Wiley stage (just have to block a bunch of lasers using the concrete weapon) than playing through the individual robot stages.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
ippiki_ookami

RA8ID P3NGUIN's Gamercard
Sadly, this achievement is bugged for me. I've beaten them all with ONLY the mega buster and energy tanks at least three times each, but no achievement :c
ippiki_ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
Major Bones

Major Bones's Gamercard
Heres another tip, and a major problem that I am experiencing right now. I wish i would of done the achievement for beating the game with no weapon energy and the 8 bosses with just the mega buster at the same time. Instead i went for the 8 bosses one first and then realized i should do these 2 achievements together. ALso i dont know where to get etanks from so i have done 6/8 bosses so far with no etanks and jsut the mega buster. Magma man was a complete pain in the ass. I wish there was a guide or something for this game that was stickied at the top that explained what achievements you should go simultaneously with one another.
Major Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #14
Hieroglitch

Hieroglitch's Gamercard
I beat every boss without using any weapons or E-tanks. One simply has to save after every boss.. You die? Start the file over.. Rinse and repeat.
Hieroglitch is offline   Reply With Quote