PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
E3 Gameplay Demo

Looks like its turning out pretty well if anyone is interested. Still looks a tad bit too action oriented, but I will probably be checking it out regardless.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #2
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Game is looking really good even better than Conviction, day one for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
He looks like an Assassin climbing up that wall.
Imagine if Ubi really jumped the shark and revealed Sam waking up from the Animus at the end, haha.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Looks amazing. Ubisoft will definitely be getting all of my money this year.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I like how we are going back to seeing Sam on foreign soil, conducing black ops but i don't like the action stuff from conviction.

The thing i loved about the first 3 games was that there was a sense of realism when approaching a situation. Even two enemies was a significant threat that required planning and timing. Watching Sam clear an entire village in under a minute was nothing you don't see in any arcade based FPS.

Timing your movements, making your way through the shadows and even completing a level without firing your gun was the main appeal of Splinter Cell back in the day. I guess that's an era long passed now that we live in the ADD generation. I'll still be buying this because the Splinter Cell name still has meaning but i am hoping this isn't a "run and gun" game that can be completed in less than a day.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
I feel like it most likely will be like that again, but im with you ill still most likely be getting it.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #7
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Looks really good to me. I'm a bit hesitant because it does look action/shooter oriented, but I like action games so it can't be all that bad. I just want a Splinter Cell game that features stealth through and through. Either way I'll be buying this as soon as possible.

Ubisoft Toronto is off to a good start.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
hoyrpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyimdalton View Post
Looks like its turning out pretty well if anyone is interested. Still looks a tad bit too action oriented, but I will probably be checking it out regardless.

Splinter Cell Blacklist - First Gameplay Demo - YouTube
There's already the same video of it here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=373269
hoyrpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I like how we are going back to seeing Sam on foreign soil, conducing black ops but i don't like the action stuff from conviction.

The thing i loved about the first 3 games was that there was a sense of realism when approaching a situation. Even two enemies was a significant threat that required planning and timing. Watching Sam clear an entire village in under a minute was nothing you don't see in any arcade based FPS.

Timing your movements, making your way through the shadows and even completing a level without firing your gun was the main appeal of Splinter Cell back in the day. I guess that's an era long passed now that we live in the ADD generation. I'll still be buying this because the Splinter Cell name still has meaning but i am hoping this isn't a "run and gun" game that can be completed in less than a day.

You know you could have played Conviction purely stealth right? That's what I did. Its much harder but hey you want that challenge right? In fact I found it much harder to be stealth oriented in Convection than the OG's because they were based around stealth so there was always a path. This seems the same way as Conviction on the surface its action but if you look hard enough or want to play that way there is still the stealth action your looking for. Plus the controls for Convection were great, fast and fluid.

Just curious when you say's stealth, what exactly do you mean? No kills, No alarms, No-lethal takedowns? or just Trying not to get caught but still killing enemies? Everyone has there own version of what stealth in a game is to them.

Me its always been, no kills, no alarms, no take downs if its at all possible. but that's me.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyrpen View Post
There's already the same video of it here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=373269

Okay, well now its here so we can talk about it.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #11
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't buy into the criticism re the torture scene in the extended Gamescom demo. Matter of fact, I thougt the whole thing looked grisly, gritty, and realistic in the Jack Bauer senses of the words.

This is a preorder for me, 100%.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote