PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Risen 2: Dark Waters
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
kinjoking

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
Acheivemnt guide

Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
Offline: 56 [1100] With DLC
Online: 0 [0]
Approximate time:30-50 hours
Minimum number of play-throughs needed: 1.5
Missable achievements: Alot except story related ones. Will Describe below.
Does difficulty affect Achievements? No
Unobtainable/glitched achievements: None That i encountered but certain things may happen that impeded your progress due to texture/character rendering.

Intro- This game is incredibly easy, the chievos themselves are not hard, but do take time to complete. play the game on easy setting to make life easier. i know at this time of writing the guide i do not have the full 1100, but the 2 chievos im missing im currently grinding out, and i know the way im doing it works as i have a friend that did it the same way. this is a quick guide so i wont be putting in videos. but feel free to add them after the guide is up. please dont post until all chievos have been described please. keep comments clean and constructive. many thanks.

-DRANK FIRST RUM- after you get a rum or 2, just go into the menu and use like any other item. will pop straight away. will be one of the first cheevs.
-PET CEMETARY- Kill 20 ambient animals- ambient animals are turkeys, baby monkeys and tamed boars. just swipe them with your sword, you'll get 20 XP for each kill.
-DEEP SEA FISHERMAN- kill 50 sea monsters- sea monsters count as sunken ones, sand devils, giant crabs and leviathons. (not sure about alligators) [also counts towards big game hunter]
CRAB CATCHER- kill 10 giant crabs- as you explore youl encounter dozens of them along coastlines. just kill them. if you learn 'kick' you can knock them onto theyre backs exposing their belly which makes them easy to kill. or just take patty with you as she kicks all of them then u can just go in for the kill. you can get 3 hits in before they return to their feet. rinse and repeat.
BEGINNER- kill 10 monsters- monsters are; giant crabs, claw monkeys, alligators, leviathons, cave bats, jaguars, panthers, sand devils, gargoyles. (can anyone confirm if the kraken and mara count towards BIG GAME HUNTER?)
LEGENDARY HERO- collect 20 legemdary items- these items are found as part of quests, random hidden treasure or purchased from vendors. there are actually 21 items in the game if you downloaded the treasure isle dlc. you will have to actively search them out, only a couple will be rewarded through questing. visit the GAMEPRESSURE website for details on how to collect each one.
STORY TELLER- collect 10 legendary items- see above for details.
TREASURE HUNTER- found first treasure- you will come across a lot of hidden treasure throughout the game, simply get a map from an NPC or merchant activate it in your menu, then work your way to the red X, simply tap A and you'l start digging. each found chest will net you 100XP
MADE OF MONEY-Aquire 300,000 gold, very easy, just store all your items in your inventory and when you have enough go to a merchant and sell them, (make sure you save before starting so you dont lose them if you accidentally exit the selling screen, as if you exit before using buyback they might not be available anymore) keep selling and using buyback on all items, the total amount is cumulative so just buy and sell until chievo pops, and you never need lose any of your items!
CASH COW- obtain 100,000 gold. see above fro details.
SKINFLINT- obtain 1000 gold, you will get this through playing the game.
BANE OF THE BEAST- kill 500 beasts- all enemies except human and ambient count towards this total. i unlocked this chievo with about 65-70% game completion, so be patient, its not glitched like some people think.
BIG GAME HUNTER- kill 2000 beasts- this takes a lot of grinding, you can get it in 1 playthrough if you travel from island to island waiting for enemy respawn OR keep a bulk save game near the end of your 1st playthrough, start a 2nd playthrough and go through that, the count will stack between playthroughs meaning by the time you finish your 2nd playthrough you should have unlocked this. (currently testing this method myself, a friend has done it this way he tells me). dont delete your bulk save or save over it!!
DIGGER- dug up 50 treasures- easy way to do this i found was to get the treasure isle dlc, when you reach the point of digging up the deadly chests (south east of the island), SAVE before attempting. dig up all 4 chests, open a deadly chest, let it kill you, load the save. (the computer tracks the progress of this method because of the related chievo 'GRAVE ROBBER' ) keep diggin up 4 chests then dying then reloading the same save, DO NOT SAVE AFTER EACH CYCLE OR IT WONT WORK. each time you do a 4 chest cycle you reach 50 in 13 cycles [4x13=52], took me 10 mins to accomplish. after you get the chievo, open up the very left chest for completion of the related quest it was part of originally.

50,000GS - Sniper Elite V2
1st to Leaderboard R.A.W (200G)
60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
kinjoking

Overview:

KLEPTOMANIAC- pick 100 locks- if you invest in the cunning skill and use the theives ring [cunning 8] youl be open to pick every lock in the game, netting you an easy score
CRACK SHOT- hit 10 targets in barneys mini shooting game. this is just practise, its not difficult just keep the curser in the middle and move as necessary when the targets come from left to right across the screen.barneys the gunsmith on tacarigua.
DRUNKARD- win the drinking game 10 times- the only tip i can give is when the game starts, aim for the furthest beers first since when your drunk they will be the hardest to get cz theyre smaller, its better to get the closer ones when your drunk as its a bigger target.
BIRDBRAIN- use parrot 5 time- keep your cool under attack and unleash the distraction of the parrot! works on most enemies, youl need to buy the parrot on tacarigua. just go into your inventory after you learn the skill, hotkey the parrot from usable items, then use in combat situations.
TOUR GUIDE- 5 crew members on the ship. i believe this is story related and cannot be missed. i ended up with: patty, hawkins, jafarr, ventruro, eldric (air temple DLC) im sure i had 6, will double check.
ALL ROUNDER- Probably the dumbest chievo in the game as its so vague. no one actually knows the answer to this, but im currently going thru a method that i think will work:
1st playthru 1st save; bulk save, level up to 10 cunning, firearms, toughness. learn all skills.
1st playthrough 2nd save; alternative save, level up blades 10. learn all skills.
2nd playthrough 3rd save; bulk save level up voodoo 10, learn all skills.
computer should track progress from all saves and unlock chievo.
this is the method im testing as it makes the most sense. please correct me if im wrong or if you found a difinitve way of doing it. DO NOT SAVE OVER YOUR BULK SAVES, DO NOT RELY ON AUTO SAVES INCASE YOU IT CAUSES YOU TO GET STUCK. dont talk to alvarez to continue the water temple quest until you learnt blades swordmaster from him, make sure you save before speaking to him.
VOODOO WIZRD learned all about voodoo. simple, just playthrough the game saving you Glory, at some point save the game youl need about 70,000 glory to go from 1-10. then level up until chievo pops. then load and repeat for each skill, will take about 2 mins to complete. NOTE legendary items do not help you in this. if you have a legendary attribute, youl need to go to 11 to unlock chievo.
ROGUE- learned all about cunning- see above.
TOUCH BASTARD- learned all about toughness, see above.
GUNSLINGER- learned all about guns. see above
MR INDUSTRIOUS- complete 250 quests- i beleive youl do this over the course of the campaign, i unlocked it with loads of quests left to do. NOTE the quest chievo stacks, i actuall completed the same quest 3 times as i kept dying straight after quest completion forcing me to load the save 3 times, after completing the same quest for the thrid time the chivo popped, this happend on first getting to maracui or whatever its called lol. CONFIRMED.
COMPLETE THE SPLIT SOUL- quest is obtained from bones, follow the quest line to the island of the dead, then follow the directions to completion. this is a side quest and is missable.
THE CUNNING CAPTAIN- story related, cannot be missed.
TUB CAPTAIN- story related cant be missed
FRIEND OF THE GNOMES- obtain quest from the gnome chief, go and kill the beast, soon as creature dies, chievo wil pop, return for reward. NOTE this is a side quest and can be missed.
PROVISIONS MASTER- story related cant be missed.
GREEDY CAPTAIN- story related cant be missed.
CHAKA DATUS LEGACY- side quest from maracui chief, help hakeke become the new leader, follow quest to completion. chivo will pop upon complet. SIDE QUEST CAN BE MISSED.
A NEW CAPTAIN- story related cant be missed.
HARPOONER- story related cant be missed
FREE HAWKINS- i did this as part of the main game so im not sure if is missable or not, hes locked in a tower early in the game, just free him and get him to safety. chievo will pop.
VOODOO PIRATE- story related and cant be missed ( tribal alliance required)
RESCUE PATTY- story related cant be missed.
MONKEY TRAINER- use monkey 20 times. purchase monkey in piarate camp with monkey skill, equip to hotkey then use 20 times. just release monkey walk around for 2 secs, then return to owner, rinse and repeat.
SEAFARER- travelled by ship 20 times- if you fast travel to other islands 20 times chievo will pop.
THE CURSE IS BROKEN- kill mara- story related cant be missed.

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
kinjoking

LORD OF THE TENTACLE- kill the kraken, story related cant be missed.
GHOST PIRATE- journey to underworld, story related cant be missed.
ARTIFACT HUNTER- find steelbeards artifact, story related cant be missed.
DETECTIVE- uncover garcias masquerade- while on maracui search the temples to find the dead naked slaves, a quest will activate. travel to the tribal shamen, far south-east up an isolated path, tell him about the bodies, garcia will ahve been exposed as impostering as corrientes. THIS IS A MISSABLE CHIEVO. part of the hidden valley questline.
BOOKWORM- garcias trail uncovered, story related, cant be missed.
4 MUSKETS AGAINST CROW- story related cant be missed- inquisition alliance needed.
PIRATE- story related cant be missed
HE EXISTS! -find steelbeard- story related

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 08-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
kinjoking

ROBINSON CRUSOE- AIR TEMPLE DLC- find crouse on storm island along the beach, go through dialogue to help him, make a deal. go find his treasure in an alcove the chest is under some water just below his shack. return to his shack, give him the items. he agrees to follow you, and automatically goes to the ship. this quest took me 5 mins to complete.
TEMPLAR- complete the air temple- collect gargoyle eggs on storm isle, find the geysurs and get eldric to make the potion, use the potions on the geysers, reach the air temple, use potion on last geysure to unlock chievo. SEE EXTERMINATOR FOR SECOND PART OF AIR TEMPLE QUEST. if you ahve the dlc, its story related. you must clear and rid: thieves isle, maracui, tacaruigua, storm isle, sword coast, antigua, isle of the dead of all gargoyles and collect all eggs. the eggs are located near each gargoyle clan. there is a tally marker so you know how many youve killed and collected on each isle. talk to eldric when the ship arrives at each port, then talk to other NPCs to get the gargoyles locations. return to eldric when each island has been cleared and eggs collected, then move onto the next isle. you need to travel to caldera also. the cheivo wont unlock until youve found the map for the isle of the dead and returned to eldric as he will then confirm that all gargoyles are dead by this point.
ALLIGATOR JACK- kill all alligators on treasure isle- theres 8 to kill, find the map then travel to each corner of each path of the isle, you will encounter the 8 allys along the way. take a parnter with you or you may die a lot!
LONG JOHN SILVER- travel to treasure isle for the first time, speak to harkin to activate the quest, talk to patty to set sail. cheivo will pop. not available until chapter 3 of main game.
EXTERMINATOR- WILL POP WHEN ALL GARGOYLES AND EGGS ARE RETURND TO ELDRIC ON AIR TEMPLE DLC.
GRAVE ROBBER- unlock the 3 deadly chests. SEE DIGGER FOR MORE INFO. the 3 deadly chests are (going from left to right numbers 2,3,4.) save before attempting, dig up each chest 1 by one then open to kill yourself, reload save and repeat on each chest. do not save after each opening. compuater tracks this chievo automatically. after chievo pops, play on as normal.

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
Breedhate68

breedhate68's Gamercard
Great guide, but it might be me, i'm tired now but I only count 54 achievements here not 56, I counted twice but like I said it might just be me
Breedhate68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
kinjoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedhate68 View Post
Great guide, but it might be me, i'm tired now but I only count 54 achievements here not 56, I counted twice but like I said it might just be me
thanks, your right, i did miss 2, was also tired lol. did the guide for an hour and a half straight from work heres the others;
BLADEMASTER- learn all about blades.- just save up your glory and increase to level 10. if you have a legendary attribute, increase to 11.
PROTECTOR- win duel against severin. - its better to leave this until later in the game, preferably when you return to caldera a 2nd time, just treat this like any other duel, use your attacks and combat skills wisely. if your using guns, shoot then run, keep your distance. severin can do large amounts of damage with his combos.

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
kinjoking

With tour guide- you need to get bones to join your squad to make 5, if you dont have dlc. He can also teach you skill 8,9,10 of toughness (which will help towards all-rounder achievment.

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
Gizmo2k

Gizmo2k's Gamercard
Don't want to be 'that guy' but this is terrible. Spelling mistakes and typos everywhere, bad layout and my absolute most hated thing on the planet: 'chievos'.

Don't get me wrong, this probably took you some time, but it's unreadable in places, a case in point is the 'All Rounder' achievement.
009/009 - Win8 .o. 003/003 - iOS/Web/Andriod

100,003g: 21/05/09 .o. 125,000g: 04/12/09 .o. 150,000g: 22/07/10
175,000g: 22/01/11 .o. 200,000g: 22/07/11 .o. 225,000g: 26/03/12
250,000g: 27/11/12 .o. 275,000g: 01/03/13 .o. 300,000g: 10/08/13

10,000th achievement: Master 50G, in Skyrim:

*Fuck you AC:IV. Legendary Ships didn't pop.
Gizmo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #9
kinjoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2k View Post
Don't want to be 'that guy' but this is terrible. Spelling mistakes and typos everywhere, bad layout and my absolute most hated thing on the planet: 'chievos'.

Don't get me wrong, this probably took you some time, but it's unreadable in places, a case in point is the 'All Rounder' achievement.
well u clearly are that guy, one word for you bud. douche. did i spell that right?
descriptions are easily understandable. feel free to make your own "better guide"

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 08-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjoking View Post
well u clearly are that guy, one word for you bud. douche. did i spell that right?
descriptions are easily understandable. feel free to make your own "better guide"
Don't bother responding to that dick. Just tidy up the guide and keep working on it, and it'll turn out good in the end.
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
Gizmo2k

Gizmo2k's Gamercard
Haha, dick and a douche for pointing out that you've made a shit-ton of errors. Forgot just how utterly pathetic most users are on here.

Protip: Don't make a guide and expect no criticism, especially when it's poorly written and not spell-checked.
009/009 - Win8 .o. 003/003 - iOS/Web/Andriod

100,003g: 21/05/09 .o. 125,000g: 04/12/09 .o. 150,000g: 22/07/10
175,000g: 22/01/11 .o. 200,000g: 22/07/11 .o. 225,000g: 26/03/12
250,000g: 27/11/12 .o. 275,000g: 01/03/13 .o. 300,000g: 10/08/13

10,000th achievement: Master 50G, in Skyrim:

*Fuck you AC:IV. Legendary Ships didn't pop.

Last edited by Gizmo2k; 08-17-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: To show there's an edit button.
Gizmo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #12
kinjoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteShadowMan View Post
Don't bother responding to that dick. Just tidy up the guide and keep working on it, and it'll turn out good in the end.
the funny thing is that he will still use it to get chievos, thats called irony :P
at the end of the day is was too tired to spell check it, since i type fast, and plus it wasnt meant to be sooo in-depth, hence no roadmap, it was short and to the point with a few tips along the way. job done.
if he was that smart he wouldve noticed out, especially since it says in the intro, its a quick guide.

60,000GS - RE6
70,000GS - Crysis
80,000GS - Dark
90,000GS - Heavy Fire
Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
three15

You'll need a lot more than 30-50 hours to complete all Achievements in my opinion.
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:43 AM   #14
CuddlyREDRUM

CuddlyREDRUM's Gamercard
Thanks for putting this up! The time is appreciated.
CuddlyREDRUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
MERK FEST

ofwgkta rebel's Gamercard
I have to agree with the other guy.
This guide is terrible.
No gamerscore values, the entire guide is covered in spoilers, and is just messy. You are unsure about so many of the achievements that you probably should have gotten the 1100 and took more than an hour on it.
Just because its thrown together doesn't mean you need to post it.