PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Puzzle and Word > Little Acorns
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Difficulty?

If anyone has bought this, can you comment on the difficulty of it? The first few levels in the trial seemed pretty easy, was just wondering how much more difficult it gets.

Edit: I ended up buying it because I was bored as hell. I find the game to be a lot of fun and the only thing that seems like it may be a bit of a challenge is some of the speed runs. But, even most of those seem doable after a few tries.

I seem to have run into a glitch though where it isn't saving any of my times. I've beaten the "speed-run time" on a few levels and it isn't saving. Not sure if other people are having problems with this or not, but thought I'd share just in case.

Edit 2: I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it is saving my times now. Unfortunately I lost all of my progress, which I figured would happen.

Last edited by StolenPaper18; 08-16-2012 at 08:19 PM.
StolenPaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
aarong24

aarong24's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
I seem to have run into a glitch though where it isn't saving any of my times. I've beaten the "speed-run time" on a few levels and it isn't saving. Not sure if other people are having problems with this or not, but thought I'd share just in case.

Edit 2: I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it is saving my times now. Unfortunately I lost all of my progress, which I figured would happen.
Same here. I downloaded the trial, played a couple levels and it saved my times. Purchased, but the next time I launched, all progress was gone and times weren't saving. I uninstalled/re-installed and it started saving times.
aarong24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarong24 View Post
Same here. I downloaded the trial, played a couple levels and it saved my times. Purchased, but the next time I launched, all progress was gone and times weren't saving. I uninstalled/re-installed and it started saving times.
Good to hear. It is a well known fact that for arcade games that have a trial, especially so on the Windows Phone, you should never purchase the game from within the trial. There is a legitimate chance of messing up you achievements/progress!

EDIT: Well I finally broke down and got this game. I enjoy it very much. The levels do become a bit of a challenge later, but not too hard. Like you mentioned, the only trick parts are usually the speed run times. Each Year (there are four in the game) took me roughly 2 hours each to complete. Not the easiest game but the achievements however are pretty straightforward.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
306 COMPLETED GAMES (115 WP)

Check out my 118 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK

Last edited by Arsenic 17; 08-29-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote