PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
Katastrophecy

Send a message via Skype™ to Katastrophecy

Katastrophecy's Gamercard
Question Thinking of Buying

Okay, I'm thinking of buying this game, as well as the first Bad Company, so I'm wondering if it's worth it. From what I can tell, it looks very fun, and it looks very realistic. I think I could really get into the Battlefield series (as I hold some sort of unfathomable contempt for Call of Duty games).

How's the online play and servers? Are there still a lot of people playing this game, or has everyone moved over to Battlefield 3? I've heard a lot of great things about this game like the heavy team-oriented style of playing, the bullet drop, and I heard the single player campaign was really good.

Would this and the first Bad Company be good games for me to get into, seeing as that I'm extremely new to the war first-person shooter genre? I've only ever played the Battlefield 3 Beta demo and the free demo of the first Bad Company. However, I really love them.

I'm also wondering, if I get this game, should I bother getting the first Bad Company? I know this game is a big improvement on BF: BC, but would it still be worth it?

Thank you for any and all future responses; they'll be greatly appreciated.
Katastrophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
I would say to not get bad company 1. You'd be perfectly happy with 2. There's still a lot of people playing this game but if I were you I'd get battlefield 3. But if it's a money issue this game is great to.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #3
Masterwonka

Masterwonka's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophecy View Post
Okay, I'm thinking of buying this game, as well as the first Bad Company, so I'm wondering if it's worth it. From what I can tell, it looks very fun, and it looks very realistic. I think I could really get into the Battlefield series (as I hold some sort of unfathomable contempt for Call of Duty games).

How's the online play and servers? Are there still a lot of people playing this game, or has everyone moved over to Battlefield 3? I've heard a lot of great things about this game like the heavy team-oriented style of playing, the bullet drop, and I heard the single player campaign was really good.

Would this and the first Bad Company be good games for me to get into, seeing as that I'm extremely new to the war first-person shooter genre? I've only ever played the Battlefield 3 Beta demo and the free demo of the first Bad Company. However, I really love them.

I'm also wondering, if I get this game, should I bother getting the first Bad Company? I know this game is a big improvement on BF: BC, but would it still be worth it?

Thank you for any and all future responses; they'll be greatly appreciated.
I would recommend getting Bad company 2 only. The first one was ok in terms of online which is near deserted but the campaign is forgettable. The second has a better campaign and the multiplayer is in my honest opinion, AMAZING!! Yes, many people still play it online but good luck ranking up with the high level jerks camping. Still worth it and better than any CoD to date. Black Ops being the exception.
Masterwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had BC 2 and BC 1 but I sold #2. #1 was so much more fun and funny. The way the guys in the game in your squad talked to you, it made it feel like your were right there with them. Sure #2 had better graphics but that didn't outweigh the plus side of the first one.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I had BC 2 and BC 1 but I sold #2. #1 was so much more fun and funny. The way the guys in the game in your squad talked to you, it made it feel like your were right there with them. Sure #2 had better graphics but that didn't outweigh the plus side of the first one.
OP keep in mind this is based solely on the campaign because chickin hates online multiplayer. The online multiplayer is far superior, and maybe the campaign to.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
OP keep in mind this is based solely on the campaign because chickin hates online multiplayer. The online multiplayer is far superior, and maybe the campaign to.
Big Boom speaks the truth. . I guess I should add that in my posts.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
u3sr

u3sr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterwonka View Post
I would recommend getting Bad company 2 only. The first one was ok in terms of online which is near deserted
I can never find even a 5v5 game in BC2, while in BC1 i get into full games every time.
u3sr is offline   Reply With Quote