Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
anomalous views

anomalous views's Gamercard
when to research?

so i made it to the 8 page of threads and didn't see this question.

Is there a reason to not fully research until later in the game? are the research bonuses higher when you research a tougher lead head, spider..., so on and so forth. Just wondering in case i should not fully research until later levels.
anomalous views is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
Supernaut3

Supernaut3's Gamercard
Actually research as much and as often as you can! If you hold off you will most likely miss out of maxing it. Security Cameras and Nitro Splicers were the hardest for me. Mainly do to the number of them and how good of score you can get and how much that score gives you. There are some enemies that you see very few of, and going back in the levels things are less populated. So definitely do not hold off. I took pictures of absolutely everythings I ran into until I maxed it out.
Supernaut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
anomalous views

anomalous views's Gamercard
thank you for the response. i can max out all the research with no problem, at any point in the game (most of them in Neptunes bounty or the level right after, though). I was just wondering about the bonuses. but you did not mention it being better to wait and neither did any one else, to bad that would have been good incentive to hold off on research until later in the game. I've gone ahead and beaten the game in all its splendor. i was just hoping to maximize damage. to be honest though, with the right tonics and a little patience. I've never dropped below a full clip of any ammo or below 6 med packs or eve hypos in any fight. (even fighting off two big daddies right after each other)

again thank you for the response.
anomalous views is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 AM   #4
bblcreator8790

bblcreator8790's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, you want to start researching ASAP because some of the enemies become harder to find later in the game. Lots of people have complained in the past that they waited too late into the game to reserach and then couldn't finish off the last one or two enemies.
bblcreator8790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
Tricky898

tricky898's Gamercard
As far as I'm aware, the bonuses for researching do not change according to which 'version' of the enemy you take pictures of. Just snap as many as you can, as early as you can!
Tricky898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
the only one I didn't max out was the bouncer
where are they?
I always find the big daddies but not the bouncers
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Demondog113

Demondog113's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
the only one I didn't max out was the bouncer
where are they?
I always find the big daddies but not the bouncers
Bouncers are a type of Big Daddy. They are the ones with the drill or lance for a right hand and are some of the first ones seen. They can be seen in a few levels afterwards too. I recommend researching them as soon as possible and maybe even taking a couple photos of each to reassure you the achievement for maxing out research if you don't have it already.
Demondog113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Demondog113

Demondog113's Gamercard
Talking Researching Enemies

I highly recommend researching earlier. The Big Daddies, Little Sisters, and Security can prove difficult to max out - sometimes you are stuck photographing the same one two or more times to get the achievement for maxing out all research. Researching earlier allows you better abilities and allows you to deal more damage to your enemies that you couldn't get otherwise. Researching a splicer from an earlier level is no different than researching a later one - it just gives you less time to max out their research tract.
Demondog113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
Does it have to be in one playthrough? I forgot to start researching the Cameras and other security I probably can't get them now. Except maybe the flying ones.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
iqValentin

iqValentin's Gamercard
I just finished the game this very moment, and it looks like I didn't fully researched the Little Sister and the Bouncer.
Since there are no more Big Daddies alongside Little Sisters, I guess I won't be able to complete these 2 researches in this play through, right?
iqValentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqValentin View Post
I just finished the game this very moment, and it looks like I didn't fully researched the Little Sister and the Bouncer.
Since there are no more Big Daddies alongside Little Sisters, I guess I won't be able to complete these 2 researches in this play through, right?
If you saved or harvested every Little Sister in the previous levels, then the Research PhD achievement would be impossible to get on that playthrough if you didn't fully research them.

You can always find Big Daddies wandering around Rapture, however.
Latest arcade completion: Dust: An Elysian Tail
Currently Ranked #1 on Achievement Completion Percentage Leaderboard on TA

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
x SL1M SHADY X

SLlM SHAAADY's Gamercard
Research as early as possible, make the game a whole lot more fun / easier
Old 12-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #13
James Fincher

James Fincher's Gamercard
Without a doubt, research early. I made the mistake of not using the camera and couldn't figure out why I was getting destroyed by the enemies. Took way too long to figure out the research was keeping me from getting the power ups I needed.
James Fincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
Shaman

The Shaman's Gamercard
na, as soon as you get the camera you should start researching them. If you wait then you might have to go back through the levels to research them. Or even run out of sentry or cameras to research
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #15
Monkey006

m0nkey006's Gamercard
Research everything ASAP. There is no benefit to waiting, you can actually miss out on some research as 3 "enemies" in the game actually have finite amounts.
Monkey006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I made this mistake when playing it on PS3. Ran out of enemies and had to do another playthrough for a couple of the trophies. Just started on my 360 and looking to get it done a lot quicker.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #17
warborn718

warborn718's Gamercard
If you're playing on hard, definitely research as much as early as you can as you deal more damage to researched enemies. If you're doing a play-through on easy to wrap up some cheevos then I would wait until you have photographer's eye. A good strategy on hard is to blast em with some liquid nitrogen, snap some shots, then blow their brains out with explosive buckshot.